Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Cooking With Cannabis > Companies are advertising "Rapid Onset" with their edibles. Do you know how?

Thread Title Search
Companies are advertising "Rapid Onset" with their edibles. Do you know how? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-04-2018, 05:28 AM #1
Ringodoggie

Ringodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud of
Companies are advertising "Rapid Onset" with their edibles. Do you know how?

I was recently reading about the release of Two Root Cannabis Beer in Las Vegas and I noticed they claim.... "Two Roots offers consumers a responsibly formulated (micro- dosed) beverage that emulates the rapid onset of alcohol as well as its rapid dissipation from the body.".

I was reviewing claims from 1906. a popular candy maker who claims. "Using advanced pharmacological techniques, 1906’s products combine rapid onset and mild dosage allowing you to create and manage your own experience according to your lifestyle.".

The Two Roots web site further claimed the effect could be felt in as little as 15 minutes and wears off in a few hours.

Now, we are not talking sublingual application here where the saliva and mouth take the task. This is "beer" and chocolate. Some release might happen during the chewing process but once it is swallowed, the remainder (actually most) of the edible will have to be processed through the lengthy gastrointestinal track before it is absorbed into the bloodstream. This does not usually happen in 15 minutes, More like an hour or 2.

I can understand tincture and other saliva dosing being faster but.... liquid/beer?

They must be doing something special.

Does anyone have any idea how they get the early onset trait into their edibles

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-04-2018, 01:05 PM #2
Switcher56

Switcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud of
I don't know good buddy. I drink beer because I enjoy beer,not to get drunk! Getting drunk is a side effect.
Switcher56 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-04-2018, 04:03 PM #3
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant future
I've seen people using ultrasonic to turn extract oil into micro particles. The absorption rate is supposed to be extremely quick and effective.
Douglas.Curtis is online now Quote

Old 09-04-2018, 04:26 PM #4
MJPassion
Observer

MJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond repute
DMSO!

probably not but... it's a possibility... (not for food stuffs though)

Doesn't lecithin increase absorpsion rates?
And there's another product, I believe, that increases the speed of onset...
Maybe some terps like the Mango deal...
MJPassion is offline Quote

Old 09-04-2018, 04:39 PM #5
Gry
One Nation Underground

Gry has a reputation beyond reputeGry has a reputation beyond reputeGry has a reputation beyond reputeGry has a reputation beyond reputeGry has a reputation beyond reputeGry has a reputation beyond reputeGry has a reputation beyond reputeGry has a reputation beyond reputeGry has a reputation beyond reputeGry has a reputation beyond reputeGry has a reputation beyond repute
Would think Doug is on it.

I imagine that it takes advantage of a combination sublingual, and buccal effects with an ability to be absorbed everywhere more quickly.

Old 09-04-2018, 04:48 PM #6
PaulieWaulie

PaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of lightPaulieWaulie is a glorious beacon of light
I have also seen this rapid onset mentioned recently, and I thought that is actually quite a gamechanger, having to wait 2 hours for something to kick in, and only then can you decided to take more if needed, and then that takes another 2 hours to peak, so thats 4 hours total to reach desired state. And then from there your high for another 12 hours! So for most consumers this would be a game changer. Have a drink, feel it 20 mins later, 3 hours later it is wearing off and you can function again.
PaulieWaulie is offline Quote

Old 09-04-2018, 05:37 PM #7
MJPassion
Observer

MJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas.Curtis View Post
I've seen people using ultrasonic to turn extract oil into micro particles. The absorption rate is supposed to be extremely quick and effective.

Do you happen to have a link for this tech?
It is interesting and I think I've got an ultrasonic cleaning device, if that will work.
MJPassion is offline Quote

Old 09-04-2018, 06:05 PM #8
Switcher56

Switcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud ofSwitcher56 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulieWaulie View Post
I have also seen this rapid onset mentioned recently, and I thought that is actually quite a gamechanger, having to wait 2 hours for something to kick in, and only then can you decided to take more if needed, and then that takes another 2 hours to peak, so thats 4 hours total to reach desired state. And then from there your high for another 12 hours! So for most consumers this would be a game changer. Have a drink, feel it 20 mins later, 3 hours later it is wearing off and you can function again.
I guess this all depends on whether you are doing a social event or medicating. Bold text, not true!

I make my own canna and mari pills: canna=liquid; mari=dry herbs (decarbed)) 30 to 45 min to take effect, peeking 2hrs later, wane from hour 4 to 6. Where are you getting this 12 hr from? I re medicate between 5-6 hrs after 1st pill. 2 day time pills, one night time (1 hr prior to bed)

ETA: The aforementioned timeline is pretty much a general guideline. Some strains take off slightly quicker and may peak a little longer. All that being said, you are going on a 4-5 hr ride.

Old 09-04-2018, 06:06 PM #9
Switcher56

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJPassion View Post
DMSO!

probably not but... it's a possibility... (not for food stuffs though)

Doesn't lecithin increase absorpsion rates?
And there's another product, I believe, that increases the speed of onset...
Maybe some terps like the Mango deal...
Yes it does

Old 09-04-2018, 06:27 PM #10
Mikell
Dipshit Know-Nothing

Mikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond reputeMikell has a reputation beyond repute
A lot of people question it. I am not sure what to think, I don't believe it has been studied.

Certainly added an undesireable flavour to some honey I made a bit ago.
Mikell is online now Quote