You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Grow Diaries > A new start

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
A new start Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-29-2018, 06:47 PM #1
Palindrome

Palindrome has a brilliant futurePalindrome has a brilliant futurePalindrome has a brilliant futurePalindrome has a brilliant futurePalindrome has a brilliant futurePalindrome has a brilliant futurePalindrome has a brilliant futurePalindrome has a brilliant futurePalindrome has a brilliant futurePalindrome has a brilliant futurePalindrome has a brilliant future
A new start

Hello good folks, first of I'd like to say it feels good to be back here.
I have had a break from growing the past many years, ran into some legal issues.

To make it short, everything was lost more or less. They missed a few bags of seeds, 10 gram of hashish and the joint I was smoking. Was still in the ashtray, once I got home after my release. One OP was now running, so they could not take the eqipment from that location.

I'm at a point now, where I feel can safely start to grow again. Just for personal use, for me and the misses. But big enough, that I don't have to grow 4 crops per year. Guessing this is a good time to get back on the horse, saving some money and get a bump up in the quality of our smoke.

It's a wild shot sprouting these old seeds, but I will give it a try anyway. After been reading about sprouting old seeds, Im ready to give this a try "my way".
A lot of the recommendations was coco milk + all sorts of additives. Being who I am, I don't give much for additives and root hormones. Not for cannabis, there is little to no need for them IME. The coco milk on the other hand, makes good sence and was something new to me. (Also I had it in the kitchen already)

Found my old seeds in a drawer, not the best way to store seed. But everyting stored right was taken, and this was just some side stuff from the real breeding project.

The Jack Herer x White Rhino is most likely some hack seeds, but I will see if they will sprout and maybe there is a nice pheno of something. If not, it will be binned.

The next bag is much more interesting, to me at least. As this is genetics I hand picked, at a visit to wally duck in australia. I had earlyer shared some genetics with him, so It was fun to go down there and see his work and pick something to bring home.
Pine O is a project he worked on, stabilising a cross between the C99 pineapple pheno and Cali Orange. I used a pineapple male in my own project, and this is some of seeds. That came from some Affyduck females, a cross of and old line of Afgan #1 and duckfoot.

Again it's hard to say what will come from these seeds, but I know all the genetics and have worked with them for years. So I am 100% sure, that if they sprout. I can find something really nice, that is worth holding on to. If im lucky and get a few males and females, I might just let them pollinate and make a bunch of seeds.

G13 is well G13, guess there is not much new to say about it. Im sure there are a lot of G13's now days, I have not kept up over the years.

Mixed the coco milk in a blender, so even it out and pourd it into 2 glasses. Dumped some seeds into the coco milk, gave it a stir and coverd them up with alu foil.
Placed them in a high cupboard, for 24 hours and then gave them a gentle shake to mix the separated layers. Then left them there, another 24 hours before rinsing them of in a sift.

Last edited by Palindrome; 02-04-2018 at 03:47 PM..
Palindrome is offline Quote

7 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-29-2018, 06:48 PM #2
Palindrome

Palindrome has a brilliant futurePalindrome has a brilliant futurePalindrome has a brilliant futurePalindrome has a brilliant futurePalindrome has a brilliant futurePalindrome has a brilliant futurePalindrome has a brilliant futurePalindrome has a brilliant futurePalindrome has a brilliant futurePalindrome has a brilliant futurePalindrome has a brilliant future

Two or tree of the JH x WR seeds have cracked the seed, and showing a small root tip

Last edited by Palindrome; 02-04-2018 at 03:51 PM..

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-29-2018, 06:50 PM #3
Palindrome

And a single Pine O x Affy Duck, also show a single root tip. That I first saw, when I pourd them onto a paper towl.

This is where they are resting for now, between two plates in the same cupboard. I guess tomorrow I'll have to go and get something, to house my upcoming seedlings in.

The Room!

Well there is no room yet
It's all still on paper, but everything is planned out.
Ventilation parts have been brought, tho I will start out trying to vent into the garage attic. If this isn't sufficient, I'll poke a hole in the wall and connect the airducts. But im sure there are sufficient air flow, between the cracks of the roof tiles and vent holes. Biggest concern, is if snow will melt off the garage roof and not from the rest of the house. Again, i'll keep an eye out. For now I'll try not to make a large vent hole in my nice brick wall.

The room will be 1,2 x 2,7 m (about 4x9 ft), not the perfect shape but thats what it is.
Lighting will be 2x 600 Watt HPS under Adjust a wings, maybe I will air cool them. As the flower area will be fairly large, compared to the rooms size. But I'll only add the cooltubes if needed

I will setup a drip table, 80 cm wide and 2 meter long. Draining to a 260 L (69 gal) res, easy and simple. Don't know if I will be running clay peppels, perlite or coco. Peppels are cheap, easy to get and reuseable. So I am leaning that way, and I figure with a little veg and training. It should not be a problem, to fill out the sides. Giving me 3 good square meters of canopy, with good light coverage.

The garage will function as a lung room, it's cold most of the year. The plan is to sail and smoke weed all summer, not growing anything but my sailor reputation

But now it's started, seeds are popping and I have to get my ass out of the chair and get a room build.

7 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-29-2018, 11:11 PM #4
9DRAGONS

9DRAGONS will become famous soon enough9DRAGONS will become famous soon enough
happy days, have a great grow ,man.
hope you find something that you like
9DRAGONS is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-29-2018, 11:56 PM #5
Palindrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9DRAGONS View Post
hope you find something that you like
Thanks mate, me too, me too!

Old 01-30-2018, 12:18 AM #6
gaiusmarius

gaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivor
nice selection
gaiusmarius is offline Quote

Old 01-30-2018, 12:49 AM #7
Palindrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaiusmarius View Post
nice selection
Thank you and nice of you to stop by, I remember you from back then.

Old 01-30-2018, 01:12 AM #8
Scorp1on

Scorp1on has a spectacular aura aboutScorp1on has a spectacular aura aboutScorp1on has a spectacular aura about
thanks for stopping by in my thread, Ill follow the show.

Take care and stay out of trouble

They got money for wars, but can't feed the poor
2Pac - 1993
Grow In Peace!
Scorp1on is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-30-2018, 02:18 AM #9
Palindrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorp1on View Post
thanks for stopping by in my thread, Ill follow the show.

Take care and stay out of trouble
Your welcome, its a nice show you got going on and thanks for taging along.

I'll do my best to keep safe

Old 01-30-2018, 03:14 AM #10
sdd420

sdd420 has much to be proud ofsdd420 has much to be proud ofsdd420 has much to be proud ofsdd420 has much to be proud ofsdd420 has much to be proud ofsdd420 has much to be proud ofsdd420 has much to be proud ofsdd420 has much to be proud ofsdd420 has much to be proud ofsdd420 has much to be proud ofsdd420 has much to be proud of
sdd420 has completed 5 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
Welcome back and good luck

dont count the days make the days count
Legal medical patient

_________
“Make the most you can of the Indian hemp seed and sow it everywhere.” – George Washington
"Some of my finest hours have been spent on my back veranda, smoking hemp and observing as far as my eye can see." - Thomas Jefferson
"Two of my favorite things are sitting on my front porch smoking a pipe of sweet hemp, and playing my Hohner harmonica.” – Abraham Lincoln
sdd420 is offline Quote