You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Women's Forum > Recipes

Thread Title Search
Recipes Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-12-2009, 03:18 AM #1
EllieGrows

Recipes

I was writing up a recipe for an IC friend FallenBuddah and I realized how much I love to cook. I'm sure someone else shares the same passion! Nothing like the sizzling of onions to make a good high great. So ladies lets share our recipes...

Ingredients:
Small Bunch Green Onions
1 Pckg Tempeh 8 oz
1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Pacific Salish Sea Salt (Great addition if you ever get sick of the taste, the variety I have is the Alder wood)
1/4 Cup Butter
½ Cup Shallots
.5 Cup Dry White Wine
Sea Salt
Fresh Ground Black and White pepper
2 Tbsp Lemon Rind
(I’ve done up to eight here, just depends how much you like your food to taste like lemon)
¼ Cup Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
2.5 Cups Stock
(I use veggie, I’m sure chicken would be fine, I think beef would cover some of the more delicate flavors in the recipe)
½ Cup Pecorino Romano
1 Cup Arborio
¼ Cup Pignolas
½ Cup Chopped Flat Leaf Parsley
(I’ve used basil with good results also)

This recipe is originally from a cooking light cook book, but as you can see it has been modified

Brands
Village Harvest Organic Riso Angelita Arborio
(Sysco Carries this, never tried to get it in a store)
Lightlife Three Grain Tempeh
(Whole Foods sells this and if they don’t have the three grain the wildrice is fine)

Recipe

1. Toast pignolas set aside.
2. Over low heat, warm stock (150 degrees is ideal but far from necessary)
3. Cut Tempeh into 1 inch cubes set aside
4. Dice Shallots, Squeeze Lemons, Rind Lemons
5. In a enameled cast iron pan over medium heat add oil, melt butter, season and then sautee shallots until translucent, season again
6. Add rice to shallots and sautee for 2 minutes, this step is crucial it helps to make the rice fluffy and tender
7. Add white whine and scrape the bottom of the pan to deglaze , stir in rind, and then stir until absorbed.
8. Add half cup of stock at a time until it is all absorbed (~20 minutes)
9. Remove from heat; add Pecorino Romano, Lemon Juice, Herbs
10. Fry seasoned tempeh (the best results are in a high temp frier, but if you don’t have access to one, a frying pan will work but be aware that the tempeh tends to suck up all the oil and not brown well in that environment. I haven’t considered using a higher smoke temp oil like peanut or sunflower but that may do the trick.
11. Top With Pignolas, Fried Tempeh, and Green Onions

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-12-2009, 04:12 AM #2
PrinSeshJasmine

Last edited by PrinSeshJasmine; 08-16-2009 at 01:26 AM..

Old 05-06-2010, 08:30 AM #3
veronicacarter

veronicacarter is on a distinguished road
Provided information is really great I eager to cook this one because I am new to field for cooking but I passionate about photography and pictures , now I will try to make this one hope I will success in this also .
veronicacarter is offline Quote

Old 09-06-2018, 09:06 AM #4
Lisajohny543

Lisajohny543 is on a distinguished road
This is what I was searching before few days. Thanks for sharing this yummy recipe. I will try it soon at home. I ordered it from olma foods coupons a few days back I like it taste a lot now will try it soon.
Lisajohny543 is offline Quote

Old 09-06-2018, 09:29 AM #5
caliprop215

caliprop215 is just really nicecaliprop215 is just really nicecaliprop215 is just really nicecaliprop215 is just really nicecaliprop215 is just really nicecaliprop215 is just really nicecaliprop215 is just really nicecaliprop215 is just really nice
Im a chef and im not a woman...y is this in the womans forum? Women hardly ever cook anymore....not like old days

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=350645
caliprop215 is online now Quote

Old 09-06-2018, 03:53 PM #6
MJPassion
Observer

MJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by caliprop215 View Post
Im a chef and im not a woman...y is this in the womans forum? Women hardly ever cook anymore....not like old days

I think what you're experiencing is largely a European/USA phenomenon.

With all the microwave, fast food, dishes being sold, it's a wonder there are still decent foods to purchase in the grocery stores!

And life in the US seems to make work time more important than Fam time. It's sad, IMO!

Also, the US seems to act like you have to be formally educated in order to KNOW about any particular subject. I find this laughable as well.
MJPassion is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-06-2018, 10:04 PM #7
al70

al70 has a brilliant futureal70 has a brilliant futureal70 has a brilliant futureal70 has a brilliant futureal70 has a brilliant futureal70 has a brilliant futureal70 has a brilliant futureal70 has a brilliant futureal70 has a brilliant futureal70 has a brilliant futureal70 has a brilliant future
stew

Old 09-15-2018, 07:02 AM #8
shithawk420

shithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJPassion View Post
I think what you're experiencing is largely a European/USA phenomenon.

With all the microwave, fast food, dishes being sold, it's a wonder there are still decent foods to purchase in the grocery stores!

And life in the US seems to make work time more important than Fam time. It's sad, IMO!

Also, the US seems to act like you have to be formally educated in order to KNOW about any particular subject. I find this laughable as well.
I agree but I don't know if it's my location but I can't find any decent food in grocery stores.i love Publix but not one near hear.dont really have any recipes you can't easily find online.a few fresh quality ingredients is all you really need if you can find them
shithawk420 is online now Quote