Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Seed Boutique > Seed Boutique Vendors > Mandala Seeds > Let's Answer All Satori Questions Here --->

Thread Title Search
Let's Answer All Satori Questions Here ---> Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-01-2009, 06:44 PM #1
one Q
Quality

one Q is a jewel in the roughone Q is a jewel in the roughone Q is a jewel in the roughone Q is a jewel in the roughone Q is a jewel in the roughone Q is a jewel in the roughone Q is a jewel in the roughone Q is a jewel in the rough
Let's Answer All Satori Questions Here --->

Ive done several, like 10+ runs with Satori and feel that I can answer any questions you may have. Sog, Scrog, Topped, 12s @seed, 12s@ 5 &10 days seed veg. all in Coir.

Let me mentions my Satori Sex thread in the reports forum.

Ill do and IN ORDER Seed to Finish rundown:

Seedlings- strong, germ in a lightly damp papertowel for 24 hours only
Just enough to let them absorb water, but not enough to crack. Then go on with Mike's instructions.

Veg- almost all are the same, very little variance. Fast and Strong, can handle small pots if feed well. ie; rez and h3ad's 6/9

Transition- This is where ALL THE DIFFERENCE in phenos come out. They all stretch a good amount even the "indica" phenos. But some will SKYROCKET over the rest.

Depending on amount of veg, most all will branch a good deal, with 0 veg they will spike at 12s

Phenos are as follows- Bat and Spear (as per ANother), SkyRocket (super leafy but AWESOME! sativa), Garlic (as per a thread I remember reading but havnt had yet), Stunt (crazy short indi that is done soonest)

Bloom- Boosting starts in week 7. The weeks 7,8,&9 blow up. Week 10 is swell and ripening.

Harvest- 70 days minimum for all. 70days for Stunts, 75days for SkyRocket could go 80 on that one.
Apollo11 Journey DrBudGreengenes Compact SOG
one Q is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-01-2009, 06:45 PM #2
one Q
Quality

one Q is a jewel in the roughone Q is a jewel in the roughone Q is a jewel in the roughone Q is a jewel in the roughone Q is a jewel in the roughone Q is a jewel in the roughone Q is a jewel in the roughone Q is a jewel in the rough
Any other good info to update thread is going here.
ONGOING UPDATES AS THE THREAD PROGRESSES

Quote:
Originally Posted by mushuthewhale View Post
In the long run, I choose to stay with the stunted pheno, as i find it more resistant to pests and disease. I had two mothers(leafy tall and stunted) growing next to each other, and sadly the tall pheno contracted tripps, but the little bastards simply woulnd't touch the stunted pheno.
Quote:
Originally Posted by melvin2 View Post
I use LC's mix just fine.

FFOF is too hot period.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyes88 View Post
i've grown Satori outdoors and i'm noticing that Satori is having mold issues in conditions which other strains such as Bubblicious, Casey Jones (Head Seed) and White Russian (Serious Seeds) are doing OK.

I have a friend who has grown Satori outdoors in the southwest and he could not have been happier...she seems to really love the hot dry climent, but outdoor conditions in the northeast seems to be a bit of a problem...at least based on my experience.

Another thing is that Satori really likes to drink...she requires noticely more water than my other plants and is the first to wilt.

she is also the first to show signs of thrips or white flies. When treated in a timely manner a little bit of insect damage doesn't phase this hearty strain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by petemoss View Post
I've heard that you should feed Satori very lightly, but in my SOG I give every strain about 1.7 -2.0 EC and the Satori can take it without tip burn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by petemoss View Post
I have only 29" from the soil to my light. If a Satori gets too stretchy, I can "collapse" the stem by folding twice and twist-tying the stem. All these bare stems were collapsed.
Good Idea^

Last edited by one Q; 06-04-2009 at 09:24 AM.. Reason: rewording as to not offend sensitive ppl... lol
one Q is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-01-2009, 07:58 PM #3
mayan
Atavist

mayan has much to be proud ofmayan has much to be proud ofmayan has much to be proud ofmayan has much to be proud ofmayan has much to be proud ofmayan has much to be proud ofmayan has much to be proud ofmayan has much to be proud ofmayan has much to be proud ofmayan has much to be proud ofmayan has much to be proud of
Thanks, one Q...great thread. Very helpful...Satori is apparently getting to be a choice strain of the cannabanoscenti, so the more information the better.

Any sense of difference in "high" or "potency" between the phenos?
mayan is offline Quote

Old 06-02-2009, 03:25 AM #4
Hal

Nice thread Q....

If growing the satori 12/12 from seed, in small pots (2 liter bottles), what height range might you expect the girls to max out at?

Old 06-02-2009, 04:50 AM #5
one Q
Quality

12s @ seed in 1L bottle were 24-30"
Clones with enough veg to establish in 2" starter pots, say 1-1.5wks will do the same height if buried to the node.

To limit the height, when re-potting make sure you bury to the TOP node. IOW bury the trunk with only the top poking out the COIR/perlite.
one Q is offline Quote

Old 06-02-2009, 02:41 PM #6
jammie
ganjatologist

jammie is just really nicejammie is just really nicejammie is just really nicejammie is just really nicejammie is just really nicejammie is just really nicejammie is just really nicejammie is just really nicejammie is just really nicejammie is just really nicejammie is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by one Q View Post
more stuff to put up top as I see fit.
HMMMMM. i must have missed the memo putting this guy in charge
jammie is offline Quote

Old 06-04-2009, 09:32 AM #7
one Q
Quality

Back on track...

IME with satori, its all about veg. If she doestn get a good root set up she wont yeild or stretch for that matter. In the past had some 4" clones, some with 0 veg that didnt stretch past 12" waste of time as far as yeild. With just a bit of veg same clone batch did 24+" with 22-30g per 2L bottle

Mayan, the high is only slightly different. I dont like any heavy feeling and Im sensitive to it. Now, even the fastest pheno has very little of this effect if any for most ppl. But I felt it, so only tall phenos and SkyRockets for me.
one Q is offline Quote

Old 06-04-2009, 12:05 PM #8
mushuthewhale

mushuthewhale is on a distinguished road
Nice thread one Q, it is always nice with these comprehensive strain descriptions. I've grown a packet myself, and I had the tall leafy, the medium and the stunted pheno. In the long run, I choose to stay with the stunted pheno, as i find it more resistant to pests and disease. I had two mothers(leafy tall and stunted) growing next to each other, and sadly the tall pheno contracted tripps, but the little bastards simply woulnd't touch the stunted pheno. High-wise I find the two phenos quite a like, but the stunted pheno is much more practical, for me at least. She works well in sog, almost doesn't stretch at all, yields well, and still delivers a sativa dominant high, if taken relatively early (about 65 days from clone, around the first signs of amber).

NB: pardon me spelling - im in a hurry
mushuthewhale is offline Quote

Old 06-10-2009, 11:40 PM #9
loc

I have a skyrocket pheno growing now at week 7.How long can I let her go?? Would 90 days be overkill?Im hopfull that she will fatten up In the next few weeks.Im growing in fox farms OF with perilite,and feeding her tiger bloom,beasty bloom,but not too strong.I plan on using the satori for meds,for RLS,so lots of amber will be good.I just dont know what to expect?

Old 06-11-2009, 08:27 PM #10
one Q
Quality

LOC: longest Ive seen her go is 80 or 82. Still had to track down an amber, not too easy. I noticed that with Satori Sky Rocket Pheno, (SSRP), the lower end seems to finish faster than the top head. not as mentholy as the other phenos, but the clearest.
one Q is offline Quote