Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Marijuana Strains and Breeding > Bag Appeal Ruing Weed and What Do You Think of Matt Riot...

Thread Title Search
Click for Cannapot - buy cannabis seeds
Bag Appeal Ruing Weed and What Do You Think of Matt Riot... Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-14-2018, 02:34 PM #61
resin_lung
I cough up honey oil

resin_lung has much to be proud ofresin_lung has much to be proud ofresin_lung has much to be proud ofresin_lung has much to be proud ofresin_lung has much to be proud ofresin_lung has much to be proud ofresin_lung has much to be proud ofresin_lung has much to be proud ofresin_lung has much to be proud ofresin_lung has much to be proud ofresin_lung has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAHA KALA View Post
it seems also that he is great reader of cannabis internet forums and so he knows that hype bullshit about road kill, blueberry pre2000, piff and f1 durban etc. hahahaha I wonder that he doesnt have any cross with A5 he prolly didnt get his hands on it yet..
I never said anything about his catalog being as extensive or as "game changing" as any of the other breeders I mentioned. I said he was every bit as well versed in the science as they are.

I never said he's worked with the varieties that "MAHA KALA" deems worthy. I said that what I have grown and smoked was fkn killer. I said that well respected people have found plants in his offerings that others agree are worth keeping around.

I spoke on the guys character because that's what the OP was asking about.

If he doesn't offer what your in the market for, move the fuk on. Find somebody that does. Simple as that.

You feeling the need to talk down on the dude because his offerings aren't what float your boat says a lot.

My post wasn't meant to hype anything. Pretty sure ICMag hasn't been the place for that in a while.
resin_lung is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-14-2018, 03:48 PM #62
zif

zif is just really nicezif is just really nicezif is just really nicezif is just really nicezif is just really nicezif is just really nicezif is just really nicezif is just really nicezif is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by resin_lung View Post
Being Johnny on spot like that, fielding random questions, what other breeder does that? Dudes will go live and hype their latest whatever but take a shot at answering ANY question?
This is a great point.

I don’t know about his seeds, but his IG work is really solid. He doesn’t just make himself available, but goes out of his way to share good info.
zif is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-14-2018, 04:44 PM #63
707OGBUSH970

707OGBUSH970 is a jewel in the rough707OGBUSH970 is a jewel in the rough707OGBUSH970 is a jewel in the rough707OGBUSH970 is a jewel in the rough707OGBUSH970 is a jewel in the rough707OGBUSH970 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by burningfire View Post
I'm not sure if that's a new trend, I remember seeing a lot of leafy buds sold as-is because the leaflets were super frosty. I think it's strain dependent and very subjective.. some strains really benefit from a clean hit others can gain some depth if you leave the leaves on... the same goes for extra long cures, "indicas" usually get too stoney and bland but clear headed sativas can gain a new layer after a very long cure.
Im a big fan of this. This is how we always did it when I first began growing. It was only due to market demand that anything resembled a leaf was obliterated. I found that, a lot of trimmers I paid would not cut the petiole either, but just kind of shape the bud by digging into the nug itself. I had to put a stop to that. You have to be sure to cut at the base of every leaf you want gone. My last harvest i had strains that had lost of frosty leaflets and I left lots of them on. I found that, since I hadnt done that in while, the results were much better and almost surprising. I forget how much better it was to do that. Leaving the protective layer of frost leaves almost protects the inside and, when cured properly, leaves a slight amount of desirable moisture. The buds stay stinkier and nicer all around longer, I believe.
707OGBUSH970 is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-14-2018, 04:50 PM #64
707OGBUSH970

707OGBUSH970 is a jewel in the rough707OGBUSH970 is a jewel in the rough707OGBUSH970 is a jewel in the rough707OGBUSH970 is a jewel in the rough707OGBUSH970 is a jewel in the rough707OGBUSH970 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAHA KALA View Post
it seems also that he is great reader of cannabis internet forums and so he knows that hype bullshit about road kill, blueberry pre2000, piff and f1 durban etc. hahahaha I wonder that he doesnt have any cross with A5 he prolly didnt get his hands on it yet..
Unfortunately there are lots of people who only seem to be interpreters of internet forums, when it comes to their level of knowledge. Im not sure if Riot is one of them, but this bugs me too. Sick of all the regurgitated hype talk. Tough to wade through the bullshit at times.

I m just going to try one of Riots other crosses first, probably a Platinum Banana.

Its apparent them man makes people run and run to there respective corners. There is no middle ground on Riot it seems, but he does seem to have some good stuff. Just going to have to try it myself and evaluate from there.
707OGBUSH970 is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-14-2018, 04:52 PM #65
bigtacofarmer

bigtacofarmer has much to be proud ofbigtacofarmer has much to be proud ofbigtacofarmer has much to be proud ofbigtacofarmer has much to be proud ofbigtacofarmer has much to be proud ofbigtacofarmer has much to be proud ofbigtacofarmer has much to be proud ofbigtacofarmer has much to be proud ofbigtacofarmer has much to be proud ofbigtacofarmer has much to be proud ofbigtacofarmer has much to be proud of
I barely trim what Im saving for myself. Right until I roll a joint. Then I try to remove every last little bit of leaf and stem.

As for what I sell. I try to find that balance of leaving a little frosty leaf and making sure it does not end up leaving any shake in the bag later on.
bigtacofarmer is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-14-2018, 06:16 PM #66
Emperortaima

Emperortaima is a name known to allEmperortaima is a name known to allEmperortaima is a name known to allEmperortaima is a name known to allEmperortaima is a name known to allEmperortaima is a name known to allEmperortaima is a name known to allEmperortaima is a name known to allEmperortaima is a name known to allEmperortaima is a name known to allEmperortaima is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by resin_lung View Post
Matt Riot, the person? He's on a VERY short list of people I'd vouche for. Not just saying a few positive things about the guy in some random thread on a cannabis forum either. I'm talking about seriously vouching for the guy. In the real world. When the cost of being wrong is severe, I'll vouche for him. No hesitation.

Matt Riot the breeder? He's better educated than the majority breeders out there. Without a doubt. Tom, Hyb, Sam, Chim, Nspecta..... He's right there, eating at the big boy table for sure. No joke. No exaggeration.

As far as what he charges for his seeds goes, who the fuk is anybody to tell another person what their effort is worth?

To expensive for your blood? Grow the fuk up and deal with it instead of complaining like a bunch of little kids.

His gear? What I've grown is TOP NOTCH! I was smoking on his P91s1 earlier today. The cut I got was selected by a guy with close ties to the original crew that ran P91 down in San Diego. CLOSE TIES! I know of a couple of other tough to please guys that run it and they ain't gonna let her go anytime soon. A few that remember it from back in the day and have toked this cut have suggested that it's better than the original.

As far as Matt not holding up his end of a trade, I think that's complete bullshit. It's just not the dudes character. The poster may well have sent him seeds from "cool crosses" but I'm willing to bet they weren't worth what he asked(expected) for in return. Embarrassing as it is getting denied for grabbing at the guys best shit is, it's nobody fault but his own for not keeping in touch.

Yes, the mthrfkr's always down to mix it up. He's quick to call a fraud out online for sure. I personally respect that about him. Most in his position would rather not rock the boat. Better for them to turn a blind eye than possibly face the criticisms of some squids minions. That may be the smart play, it just ain't him.

I know him pretty well. Well enough to be certain his goal isn't to just cause drama. Truth is he'd probably rather just kick the dudes teeth out and be done with it.

And that BULLSHIT about him scamming for cuts back in San Diego or how he had a "heavy mite load"....I won't even bother.

Edit:Someone posted earlier that Matt didn't know what an IX was. That's either a lie or taken way out of context. I'm imagining the possibility that he was stoned or maybe was thinking out loud, asking himself a simple question before he commented. Brain fart. Being Johnny on spot like that, fielding random questions, what other breeder does that? Dudes will go live and hype their latest whatever but take a shot at answering ANY question? Na

Bag appeal ruining the quality of high? If that's what plants are being selected for, yeah. It'll go to shit.
You are much better at talking to people than I you could not have said it any better brother! Blessings
Emperortaima is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-14-2018, 06:21 PM #67
highsteppa

highsteppa is a jewel in the roughhighsteppa is a jewel in the roughhighsteppa is a jewel in the roughhighsteppa is a jewel in the roughhighsteppa is a jewel in the roughhighsteppa is a jewel in the roughhighsteppa is a jewel in the rough
Whoever is puttin riot on the same playing field as Sam and Tom is straight up tripping. It really makes one unable to take your judgement seriously on other matters regarding this thread. And chimera and inspecata too...these are some of the few out there that aren’t just pollen chucking, trendy cut chasin,bro science fools. Just backcoss it a bunch and it’s 99% pure dank

I’m all in for going back to the hippy trim
highsteppa is offline Quote

7 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-14-2018, 06:22 PM #68
Emperortaima

Emperortaima is a name known to allEmperortaima is a name known to allEmperortaima is a name known to allEmperortaima is a name known to allEmperortaima is a name known to allEmperortaima is a name known to allEmperortaima is a name known to allEmperortaima is a name known to allEmperortaima is a name known to allEmperortaima is a name known to allEmperortaima is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by 707OGBUSH970 View Post
Unfortunately there are lots of people who only seem to be interpreters of internet forums, when it comes to their level of knowledge. Im not sure if Riot is one of them, but this bugs me too. Sick of all the regurgitated hype talk. Tough to wade through the bullshit at times.

I m just going to try one of Riots other crosses first, probably a Platinum Banana.

Its apparent them man makes people run and run to there respective corners. There is no middle ground on Riot it seems, but he does seem to have some good stuff. Just going to have to try it myself and evaluate from there.
Buy some and grow it I wish I wasn't a retarded when I popped my bx coz I found a female who was throwing out maroon pistils during presex wish I could have flowered her and made f2's oh well I always got next time
Emperortaima is online now Quote

Old 09-14-2018, 06:49 PM #69
pinkus

pinkus is a splendid one to beholdpinkus is a splendid one to beholdpinkus is a splendid one to beholdpinkus is a splendid one to beholdpinkus is a splendid one to beholdpinkus is a splendid one to beholdpinkus is a splendid one to beholdpinkus is a splendid one to beholdpinkus is a splendid one to beholdpinkus is a splendid one to beholdpinkus is a splendid one to behold
pinkus is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-15-2018, 03:34 AM #70
resin_lung
I cough up honey oil

resin_lung has much to be proud ofresin_lung has much to be proud ofresin_lung has much to be proud ofresin_lung has much to be proud ofresin_lung has much to be proud ofresin_lung has much to be proud ofresin_lung has much to be proud ofresin_lung has much to be proud ofresin_lung has much to be proud ofresin_lung has much to be proud ofresin_lung has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by highsteppa View Post
Whoever is puttin riot on the same playing field as Sam and Tom is straight up tripping. It really makes one unable to take your judgement seriously on other matters regarding this thread. And chimera and inspecata too...these are some of the few out there that aren’t just pollen chucking, trendy cut chasin,bro science fools. Just backcoss it a bunch and it’s 99% pure dank

I’m all in for going back to the hippy trim
Are you referring to Riot with the "just backcross it a bunch and it's 99% pure dank" comment? You got ZERO fkn clue if you are. Just flapping your pie hole without knowing a damn thing about the guy.

I get that some ain't into the guy. I do. He ain't for everybody, but posting comments like that just proves it's a coin flip for some. Matt has spoken many many times about how wrong "cubing" is. In fact I'd love to see an example of when he "just backcrossed a bunch" to get to where he wanted to go.

He's been working closely with someone you mentioned. Not on a seed line. But definitely on the science end of things. And it's far from "Bro Science". I know this because I'm in contact with them both. Not on a forum or IG but on the phone! Like fkn adults!lol I'd say more but it's not my place to do so.

I could keep going and completely prove how little you actually know, but I ain't here for that.

If people REALLY want to know what's up the guy, it ain't that hard to do. He really makes himself pretty damn accessible. If you don't, for whatever reason, well that's fkn cool too. Like I said, he ain't gonna be everyone's cup of tea. It WOULD be cool if they did before posting opinions based on complete nonsense though.
resin_lung is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.