Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > IC Magazine > USA Cannabis Scene: State By State > Maine > Bag Seed Experiment

Thread Title Search
Post Reply
Bag Seed Experiment Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2018, 10:35 AM #11
CaptnCrunch
Newbie

CaptnCrunch's Avatar

Join Date: May 2018
Location: Northern Maine
Posts: 28
CaptnCrunch has a spectacular aura aboutCaptnCrunch has a spectacular aura aboutCaptnCrunch has a spectacular aura aboutCaptnCrunch has a spectacular aura aboutCaptnCrunch has a spectacular aura about
The last 2 nights the temps have been 32 degrees and heavy frost. The plants I left outside did get damaged a little but not severely. I'm guessing I need about 3 weeks more before I can harvest.
Thanks for the comments everybody.
CaptnCrunch is offline Quote


Old 09-13-2018, 12:48 PM #12
CaptnCrunch
Newbie

CaptnCrunch's Avatar

Join Date: May 2018
Location: Northern Maine
Posts: 28
CaptnCrunch has a spectacular aura aboutCaptnCrunch has a spectacular aura aboutCaptnCrunch has a spectacular aura aboutCaptnCrunch has a spectacular aura aboutCaptnCrunch has a spectacular aura about
Took a few pics yesterday. The plants outside are showing some frost damage, the ones I crammed in the greenhouse look ok, but very crowded. 3 weeks to harvest? I have no clue, lol.
Attached Thumbnails
9-12-18-frost-hit.jpg 9-12-18a.jpg 91218c.jpg
CaptnCrunch is offline Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-13-2018, 01:14 PM #13
BlackBart
Member

BlackBart's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 441
BlackBart is a jewel in the roughBlackBart is a jewel in the roughBlackBart is a jewel in the roughBlackBart is a jewel in the roughBlackBart is a jewel in the roughBlackBart is a jewel in the roughBlackBart is a jewel in the rough
Hey Cap the next time we get a frost cover your plants with some plastic or even the blue plastic tarps they sell everywhere in Maine . You don't need to get to picky just throw over the top will work fine .

Looks like you still have a good 2 to 3 weeks to go before there going to be ready .
BlackBart is offline Quote


Old 09-14-2018, 10:38 AM #14
CaptnCrunch
Newbie

CaptnCrunch's Avatar

Join Date: May 2018
Location: Northern Maine
Posts: 28
CaptnCrunch has a spectacular aura aboutCaptnCrunch has a spectacular aura aboutCaptnCrunch has a spectacular aura aboutCaptnCrunch has a spectacular aura aboutCaptnCrunch has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBart View Post
Hey Cap the next time we get a frost cover your plants with some plastic or even the blue plastic tarps they sell everywhere in Maine . You don't need to get to picky just throw over the top will work fine .

Looks like you still have a good 2 to 3 weeks to go before there going to be ready .

Yeah, I found a couple tarps in my garage for the next frost. Don't know why I didn't do that before, lol. My mind must be slipping from old age, lol.
CaptnCrunch is offline Quote


Old 09-14-2018, 01:34 PM #15
BlackBart
Member

BlackBart's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 441
BlackBart is a jewel in the roughBlackBart is a jewel in the roughBlackBart is a jewel in the roughBlackBart is a jewel in the roughBlackBart is a jewel in the roughBlackBart is a jewel in the roughBlackBart is a jewel in the rough
No worries bro i'm in the same department too HE HE !
BlackBart is offline Quote


Old 09-22-2018, 05:46 AM #16
radioman
Member

Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Green Mountains of Vermont
Posts: 73
radioman has a spectacular aura aboutradioman has a spectacular aura aboutradioman has a spectacular aura aboutradioman has a spectacular aura about
Wow! You guys up there in Maine are already getting frost!.. No Frost here yet in my part of Vermont. Last year We never even had a Frost in October. This Spring - I started putting plants in on May 14th... Last winter, it was bitter cold with tons of snow. I have a friend from Houlton Maine and he said the snow always sticks around longer there... Your plants look very nice even with the minor frost damage...
radioman is offline Quote


Old 09-22-2018, 11:25 AM #17
CaptnCrunch
Newbie

CaptnCrunch's Avatar

Join Date: May 2018
Location: Northern Maine
Posts: 28
CaptnCrunch has a spectacular aura aboutCaptnCrunch has a spectacular aura aboutCaptnCrunch has a spectacular aura aboutCaptnCrunch has a spectacular aura aboutCaptnCrunch has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by radioman View Post
Wow! You guys up there in Maine are already getting frost!.. No Frost here yet in my part of Vermont. Last year We never even had a Frost in October. This Spring - I started putting plants in on May 14th... Last winter, it was bitter cold with tons of snow. I have a friend from Houlton Maine and he said the snow always sticks around longer there... Your plants look very nice even with the minor frost damage...

I had to start harvesting because the next 3 nights are going to be in the 26 to 30 range.
Attached Thumbnails
bud1.jpg bud2.jpg
CaptnCrunch is offline Quote


Old 09-22-2018, 12:04 PM #18
BadTicket
ØG T®ipL3 ØG³

BadTicket's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Jabuti
Posts: 3,991
BadTicket has a brilliant futureBadTicket has a brilliant futureBadTicket has a brilliant futureBadTicket has a brilliant futureBadTicket has a brilliant futureBadTicket has a brilliant futureBadTicket has a brilliant futureBadTicket has a brilliant futureBadTicket has a brilliant futureBadTicket has a brilliant futureBadTicket has a brilliant future
Very nice main Maine man! Good or bad, growing bag seeds is always an adventure
Shame about the early harvest and frost, but there's not much u can do about that. Growing outdoor weed in Finland, and battling the forces of nature every year, I can say from experience that nature and conditions will bitch slap a grower back to reality pretty fast, if you take your chances against em. Here it's mostly moisture and mould that's the worst enemy, cold comes later, but not yet.

Anyways, if you're gonna grow OD again come next season, you might wanna check out some earlier strains that are more suitable for outdoor growing, not to mention way more hardy than unknown seeds that came from indoor grown buds most likely..?
If you need help with that, tips or tricks and what not, holler at ya boy!

That said, if this was your first grow since 1978, give yourself a pat on the back there. Back in the game, baby!

__________________
Another Macho Man approved post. Oooh Yeaah!

BadTicket is offline Quote


Old 09-22-2018, 02:41 PM #19
MJPassion
Observer

MJPassion's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: uni-verse
Posts: 6,662
MJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnCrunch View Post
I had to start harvesting because the next 3 nights are going to be in the 26 to 30 range.

I think you made the right move.


I've had plants survive temps as low as 25 for a couple hours but they looked like crap afterword. The following warm days they perked back up and finished fine.
MJPassion is offline Quote


Old 09-24-2018, 01:15 PM #20
CaptnCrunch
Newbie

CaptnCrunch's Avatar

Join Date: May 2018
Location: Northern Maine
Posts: 28
CaptnCrunch has a spectacular aura aboutCaptnCrunch has a spectacular aura aboutCaptnCrunch has a spectacular aura aboutCaptnCrunch has a spectacular aura aboutCaptnCrunch has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadTicket View Post
Very nice main Maine man! Good or bad, growing bag seeds is always an adventure
Shame about the early harvest and frost, but there's not much u can do about that. Growing outdoor weed in Finland, and battling the forces of nature every year, I can say from experience that nature and conditions will bitch slap a grower back to reality pretty fast, if you take your chances against em. Here it's mostly moisture and mould that's the worst enemy, cold comes later, but not yet.

Anyways, if you're gonna grow OD again come next season, you might wanna check out some earlier strains that are more suitable for outdoor growing, not to mention way more hardy than unknown seeds that came from indoor grown buds most likely..?
If you need help with that, tips or tricks and what not, holler at ya boy!

That said, if this was your first grow since 1978, give yourself a pat on the back there. Back in the game, baby!
View Image



Thanks. I'm also having a small issue with a little bud rot. I think it was from keeping the plants too close together. Live and learn right! Looking at earlier strains with known good genetics for next year as we speak. Thanks for the advise!
CaptnCrunch is offline Quote


Post Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:51 AM.




This site is for educational and entertainment purposes only.
You must be of legal age to view ICmag and participate here.
All postings are the responsibility of their authors.
Powered by: vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.