What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Outdoor Madness in Manitoba with Greens (Guerilla Gold and many other strains)

Greens

***Check my update towards the bottom of PAGE 3 to see BUDS and RESIN!

***New update towards bottom of PAGE 4 from July 29th.

***Crazy-good update at the bottom of PAGE 5 and on PAGE 6 from August 21! Tons of buds!

***Page 7 and top of page 8 has the August 30th harvest update***

***Page 9 has the huge September 15th harvest update***

Hi everyone!

I finally got out there and visited my swamp crops. Things are looking pretty good out there. All of these plants were planted as seeds directly outdoors on May 29th (sprouted in paper towels first). So, I think that makes them 33 days old. The plants were being quite shaded by some natural vegetation that grew around them, so I spent a lot of time killing the weeds and giving them more light.

I am expecting the plants to thicken up and bush out quite a bit after giving them more light now.

The weather was terribly cold and much too rainy for the first two weeks of June after I planted. Things have really picked up over the past few weeks and it looks like it's going to be another hot, hot summer here. It's crazy because we can get frost very early with the average being around the third week of September.

That's why I have dedicated so much time and effort to produce these early potent strains that finish before the frost.

OK, lets start with my new strain, Manitoba Medicine. It's (Freezeland bx X GG#2) x GG#2. Right now they really stink like pine and skunk. They seem more uniform than expected, which is good. Many are showing sex and some of the males were fully flowering. These are gonna be a real early harvest around the end of August.

Last edited:

FirstTracks

natural medicator
Veteran
lookin great! those plants must be sucking up the water as the stems look thiiiiick and healthy:rasta:

I'm hoping you're making seeds of this cross?

Greens

Next up is my bread and butter strain, GG#2. I always get some nice early, potent, and chunky buds with this one. These finish at the end of August with a few going to early September. I love the sweet seasoning/spicy smell. Too bad they were not getting more sunlight earlier. Oh well, now they should take off.

Greens

This stuff is all Jaysprout's stuff (Boreal Genetics). He has a great lineup, so I always have to grow some of his stuff.

First is mighty freeze
Second is mighty durban
Third is Freezeland Bx #1
4th is Freeze bx #2
Last is Freeze bx #3

Greens

First pic is OG kush x GG from Onamission (got his Sour diesel x GG going too)
Second is Danish Passion x GG from Esben
Third is Manitoba Madness from Breederbrad (Moosejaw madess x GG). I also have his congo x GG and cindy99xGG going as well.

Greens

First pic shows how I keep deer out (that's just 40 lb fishing line)

Second is a wild blue iris.

Third pic is a common but pretty flower; it's a wild rose.

Last pic shows how much the natural vegetation grew in since I planted the seeds (pic taken at eye level for person around 6 feet tall). This was the first time I saw the plants since they were seeds! :jump:

Last edited:

bigbag

Veteran
kick ass brutha!how was the spring weather in manitoba?here in BC its been cloudy and cool.....now were having a freakin' heat wave!feast or famine.nice selection u r running,hope they turn out as expected.ive seen/grown the pre 98'durban poisan x mighty mite(mmsc)via emery and its high end!very good high and great sweet/spicy/anise/licorice taste thats amazing.some of the best early outdoor i've smoked.my buddies who grew it became pot snobs as soon as it was cured,lol.heard great things about GG....and with a classic base like kona gold it not hard to see why.stay safe and have fun with them

Greens

First Tracks, thanks man! Yeah, they would have been much thicker if those weeds and grasses didn't surround them so much.

Yeah, actually all of these seeds were made by me except for the ones where I say they were bred by someone else. I breed early outdoor strains for growers who have a short season or just want some early potent buds (or for crossbreeding of course). The Manitoba medicine is a new strain I made. There are lots of people growing it out this year. I have very high hopes for it.

Bigbag, thanks man! Check the first post again, I edited it with some info about the weather. Yeah, same as you, cool and shitty early on, but hot and very sunny over the past few weeks. I actually grew the Durban poison x Mighty Mite before from Jaysprout. I really loved how trichome covered it is and the potency is awesome. Pretty nice yield for an early strain too. My favorite part is the high and it is actually similar to GG IMO. Stony, but uplifting and euphoric. It leaves a smile on your face and makes you think about stuff... Actually Jaysprout grew the version by MMSC and that was his inspiration to make the cross himself.

Greens

bigbag

Veteran
right arm Greens!
my bro grew DP x MM in a greenhouse and harvied 10 oz's!that was the largest DP x MM ive seen.as well i remember those long calyx's that a guy could peel off the stem.we used to "check for mold"and pinch calyx doobs,lol.top drawer early outdoor in anyones books

S

sow the seeds

Hey greens looking great so far. What size bins are those and how many plants per bin do you usually have?

bakerman

Seed Junkie!:D
Veteran
Nice piks!I dont know why I always thought you was in N.B.!No matter!Still as aways nice piks!:D:D:D

Greens

Thanks sow the seeds! Most of the containers are 20 gallons and some of them are 30 gallons. I planted about ten seeds in each. I was guessing a couple might die, then lose the other half to males, making about 4 females per container. Of course, I'm going to have some with more and some with less than that. This method works well with these early strains, so I get the most yield from the amount of soil I have to haul in (it's very easy to bring more seeds!).

Bakermon, thanks man. I've always been growing in Manitoba. That's why I've been working on these early strains to finish before the early prairie frosts.

Thanks Hindu Killer! Yes, make sure to check out my updates.

Greens

Greens

Forgot to mention that I will be taking pictures of the other strains I'm growing as well, but they will have to wait until next time. I just know these plants are exploding right now!

Greens

hamstring

Veteran
Greens

Looking real good seams like everyone in the US and Canada have had a wet cool spring. Love the pics and great gear you got going there in the swamp/marsh.

I cant wait to try some of the GG mix I have going this year. I love what you guys in canook land are doing with the genetics. I can’t say enough about the work you guys are doing. It’s very hard to find a truly early and potent strain.

Keep up the good work hope to see more pics.

Greens

Here's a little update. The weather has actually been pretty cool lately. I don't know what's going on. The plants don't seem to mind and are doing quite well since I left them. They really did explode after I got rid of the vegetation shading the plants before.

OK, let's start with the GG#2. Pretty much all of them are showing sex and some females have now started to fully flower. I had to get rid of quite a few males, so they are actually a little more spread out than this now (took the pics before taking down many of the males).