What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What size AC?

cone

Hey all :tiphat:

Ok, I need help ASAP!

I’ve been forced into going with a fully sealed room with AC but not sure what to get when it comes to BTU.

I bought a portable AC (Good quality not the type you put water or ice cubes in) It has a 6-inch duct to blow hot air out of the room that is 12000 BTU but didn’t cool the room to an exceptable temperature so that's been removed.

My room is just over 11ft x 7.5ft, When I using the air cooled reflectors & HID running at 3150w on full pelt temperature's got to 90+ in the hight of summer so the lights were turned down to 400w keeping room around mid-80's.

After running the following new lights with no option to go air cooled & using a Systemair Acoustic Stratus 8" Fan 947m3/Hr extraction fan the temperatures are still way too hot to the point one of my plants has been put outside as it was really struggling.

I need to get AC in before I can even think about flowering now here's another snag the plants are growing BIG & need to start flowering ASAP.

Light specs are as follows.
2 x HLG55O’s, 9 COBs 600w total, A tent with HGL135, 2 x 11w Sunblaster T5 Nanotech

Room temps just using cobs 31c/87f when all lights are on 38c/100f.
Insulation is fantastic in the house for keeping heat in which isn't helping matters when the thing I want is lower temps!

Any help appreciated.
Cone.

Granger2

Veteran
Go back to "Growroom Designs and Equipment," and check the sticky called "Calculating the size of an AC." You'll need to know how many sq. ft. you have. Good luck. -granger

Latest posts

Latest posts