What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone grown the new B/Grim Apollo 11 or 13?

Illuminate

Keyboard Warrior
Veteran
The new apollo13 was better than the f2 i grew back in the joey weed / subcool days...i had a good number of decent girls, id say that they were worth it if you like apollo.

kushedy

Thanks for the replies. I new they attempted to remake the c99, didn't think there was any secret about that. Wasn't sure about the apollo's. Thought I heard they did have some original plants to work with just not the c99. I'll have a look if joey weeds Apollo is available. That said it's good to know that the re-release of Apollo 13 is good.

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
Just get Seedsman's Jack Herer.... I smoked the original release A11\c99, and its all just bs... Nothing but a rename of Jack Herer... Just like everything these days are nothing but renames of NL... Skunk... Haze anyway..

Id rather get Seedsmans, or Nirvana all day than 90% of the overpriced $10-15 per seed junk.

Illuminate

Keyboard Warrior
Veteran
Imho the current apollo13 is what it is and was, i didnt keep any around but there was a couple i would have, one was bang on description of genius from the og testimonials. I didnt keep it around but im running queen of soul and grimdica at the minute.

kushedy

[FONT=&quot]Couldn't find anywhere in the UK stocking Joey Weed seeds. I get what you are say @Dr.Young but all the Jack Herer seeds I have seen have flowering times of around 70 days. That likely means in reality anything from 65 to 80 days flowering.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Apollo’s & c99's are quicker if anything.[/FONT]

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
https://www.seedsman.com/en/jack-herer-fast-feminised-seeds

6-7 weeks fast enough
I'm willing to bet its just as sativa as apollo. Trust me... I was reading about Apollo, and cindy when they first came out... I was maybe 16... Obsessed with its descriptions of cerebral activity.... Somehow I happened to find someone within walking distance of my house at the time who actually had it.... They kept the clones up until recently..... To be honest neither of them were impressive... I told myself they were but.... After trying Seedsmans Jack Herer I realized how weak, and lacking complexity Apollo and cindy are.

Illuminate

Keyboard Warrior
Veteran
^^ its not the first time i heard someone say this, i just put it down to my lack of numbers and getting less desirable plants. But does anything that finishes in less than 10 weeks end up bieng fucking amazing?

kushedy

[FONT=&quot]In fairness I have Critical 2.0 keeper from Dinafem that can be taken as soon as 6 weeks & a few days. It's got a killer up sativa high for the 1st half hour to hour & then plants you firmly in the couch. Since finding it I have been popping seeds for a year & a half & have not found anything that comes close to the quality of the Critical I found. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]So yeah there are some amazing quick strains out there, they are just few/far between & need pheno hunting.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Not sure I trust the quick strains yet. From my understanding the breeder crosses an auto into the lineage somewhere & then breeds out the auto gene leaving a photoperiod that finishes quicker (forgive me if I have got that wrong).[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]My concern is that you could find something decent & keep a mother only to find at some point it decides to auto on you![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

G

I have been searching for info on the “new” B Grimm Apollo XX and or the Cindarella XX for try after my current rerun of XXX.
Never had any of the original version as it predates my growing history. Kind of a bummer reading more than a few negative reviews along with plenty of good ones.

I’m just trying to find a nice mostly or almost all sativa female seed to try. Nothing trippy.

Last edited:

Burt

Veteran
I remember high times hyping the shit out of the grim bros in late 90’s
I too was disappointed in the potency of C99 for the most part
Amazing tropical smells and insane resin bit seriously lacking punch
C99 does good in crosses where terpenes need to be boosted and flower time brought down but those are it
I did find one plant out of 10 that was indeed special and she was a polygybrid consisting of princess diesel X C99
Diesel taste, amazing flavor and done in 50 days with an sat dom high
I suspect high times had a stake in the grim business at the least

Latest posts

Latest posts