What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nasa just completed building 8.7 billion Webb Space telescope

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Great, some little white lights are now a bit easier to see for about 3 people. I'm so bored with massive projects that let a few shareholders profit from the public purse under the disguise of benefiting mankind.

igrowone

Veteran
i'm down with this next step on the cosmic journey
hubble showed us fantastic things, webb will likely go even further

brown_thumb

With a more accurate reflector providing 7x the light gathering capability it should be spectacular. I do question the $8.7 billion dollar price tag. That seems awfully fishy to me.

PDX Dopesmoker

i'm down with this next step on the cosmic journey
hubble showed us fantastic things, webb will likely go even further

I agree, but blowing that dough so a few eggheads can get a slightly better look at high redshift galactic nuclei isn't that way I'd have gone with that money. I wanna sent a robot construction crew to Mars to build me a greenhouse. Do you have any idea how big a pot plant you could grow in low gravity?

igrowone

Veteran
I agree, but blowing that dough so a few eggheads can get a slightly better look at high redshift galactic nuclei isn't that way I'd have gone with that money. I wanna sent a robot construction crew to Mars to build me a greenhouse. Do you have any idea how big a pot plant you could grow in low gravity?

yeah, some things it will do are going to be mundane
some things will be wild! and impossible to predict

Latest posts

Latest posts