What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tri_Cho_Me's First Grow & Grow Diary

Tri_Cho_Me

9/11 Update

9/11 Update

First of all, god bless the USA. We will never forget.

Both seedlings are up and about 1 1/2 tall. One is further along than the other. #1 seemed to have been open from the get-go and has its first and second sets of leaves. Those little, pointy leaves are so stinkin' cute and small!

Meanwhile, #2 is up, but still has it's casing surrounding the whole upper part with a little crack. Still seems pretty secure so Im just gonna leave it for now. I wonder how long this difference in vegetative difference will last? #1 could have a week head start. Would it just be during the vegetative stage? Could I expect #1 to finish flower/ripen a week sooner?

Anywho, they're asleep right now, so I will post some pics in a bit when they wake up. :biggrin:

Tri_Cho_Me

Lamogio

Nice Set up man !
Just a silly question , why to remove the ziplock bag that keeps the pot humid ?
I mean , if you have low humidity in growbox/growroom why not to have a plastic bag or plastic bottle (cutted in half) on your pot to keep humidity in there ?

Thanks !!

Tri_Cho_Me

Nice Set up man !
Just a silly question , why to remove the ziplock bag that keeps the pot humid ?
I mean , if you have low humidity in growbox/growroom why not to have a plastic bag or plastic bottle (cutted in half) on your pot to keep humidity in there ?

Thanks !!

I believe it is because it may not let the soil dry out as necessary. I dont have problems with humidity in my space. At least not yet.

Tri_Cho_Me

Tri_Cho_Me

Pics

Pics

Here are the pics now that the girls are awake.

#1 looks strong and colorful. I can see in the center, the third set of leaves coming up.

#2 is a little stunted at the moment. I was able to help the shell come off a bit after it opened up more. The leaves have a tinge of yellow. I am guessing water logged. I am confident she'll perk-up in the next few days once some new sets of leaves begin.

Feel free to let me know what you think!

Tri_Cho_Me

Attachments

• #1 Seedling.jpg
    #1 Seedling.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 10
  • #1 From Above.jpg
    #1 From Above.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 12
  • #2 Seedling.jpg
    #2 Seedling.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 13
  • #2 with casing.jpg
    #2 with casing.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 18

Lamogio

They look nice and healthy ! Dont worry about the yellow on leaves , i think it is normal , i had it on my babies on my last grow ..

Dont worry about the shell , i also helped the plant remove it and it was ok !!

chomsky

Yep you can carefully help remove the seed shell. Just be ginger with it. Plants just grow differently I almost always have a runt. Not yet but as the plants mature you can slow down the growth by pinching the stems. If you're not familiar with F'iming or super cropping look it up here on IC mag ( in essence you crush the stems a little bit so that they heal where you pinch them. Just be careful not to crush them completely. You just punch them until you feel the fibers collapsed underneath the pressure of your fingers it's a very deliberate pinch). not only will it slow the growth of your taller plants it will create healthier stronger stems and plants in general for you. It's great in combination with topping. Just take it slow and easy though. I'd say you will be able to harvest everything at the same time no worries bro.

Tri_Cho_Me

Yep you can carefully help remove the seed shell. Just be ginger with it. Plants just grow differently I almost always have a runt. Not yet but as the plants mature you can slow down the growth by pinching the stems. If you're not familiar with F'iming or super cropping look it up here on IC mag ( in essence you crush the stems a little bit so that they heal where you pinch them. Just be careful not to crush them completely. You just punch them until you feel the fibers collapsed underneath the pressure of your fingers it's a very deliberate pinch). not only will it slow the growth of your taller plants it will create healthier stronger stems and plants in general for you. It's great in combination with topping. Just take it slow and easy though. I'd say you will be able to harvest everything at the same time no worries bro.

Yea, I've read up on it all. Not sure if I'll Super Crop or not. I am thinking for this first run I am going to top and ScrOG. We'll see though, anything can happen. If it comes down to it, I will absolutely pinch!

Tri_Cho_Me

Tri_Cho_Me

Day 7 Veg

Day 7 Veg

Hey everyone. Just wanted to give a quick update. Things are still going fairly well. #2 is still stunted a little, but the new growth is coming along and hope once those have the ability to soak up some rays, it will bounce back.

I also lowered the light from 38 inches, to 30 inches now that they have had some time under there. Next week I will lower even further to 24 inches.

I watered Tuesday pretty good and have been letting them dry out since. I will water again tomorrow before I head out of town for the weekend. I'll post pics once I'm back!

Tri_Cho_Me

Fiddynut

Hey everyone. Just wanted to give a quick update. Things are still going fairly well. #2 is still stunted a little, but the new growth is coming along and hope once those have the ability to soak up some rays, it will bounce back.

I also lowered the light from 38 inches, to 30 inches now that they have had some time under there. Next week I will lower even further to 24 inches.

I watered Tuesday pretty good and have been letting them dry out since. I will water again tomorrow before I head out of town for the weekend. I'll post pics once I'm back!

Tri_Cho_Me
Sounds like things are well. If one is leaning you can prop it up with a stick or something. I remember mine leaning usually after watering. It takes them a couple weeks to get strong. Are you watering based on weight of cup? Really easy to over water in beer cups. Keep up the good work.

Tri_Cho_Me

Sounds like things are well. If one is leaning you can prop it up with a stick or something. I remember mine leaning usually after watering. It takes them a couple weeks to get strong. Are you watering based on weight of cup? Really easy to over water in beer cups. Keep up the good work.

I'm not watering based on weight because I have some river rock at the bottom to help with drainage. I generally spray with a spray bottle, use a dropper, use another Solo cup, etc. I have been weary of over watering so I think I am good.

No leaning yet. I rotate them quite a bit, so they don't really have a chance to get used to one direction or the other.

On a side note, i have not used any nutrients yet. Just pure distilled water. My medium is FF's Happy Frog and Ocean Forest with a little added perlite and worm castings, so I should be good for a while. Plus, every time I re-pot, I am using new soil which will introduce new nutrients.

Tri_Cho_Me

chomsky

Tri_Cho_Me

I'd lower to 24 inches anyway. That's not too close and once they really come to life you don't want them stretching for the light so young.

chomsky

I'm not watering based on weight because I have some river rock at the bottom to help with drainage. I generally spray with a spray bottle, use a dropper, use another Solo cup, etc. I have been weary of over watering so I think I am good.

No leaning yet. I rotate them quite a bit, so they don't really have a chance to get used to one direction or the other.

On a side note, i have not used any nutrients yet. Just pure distilled water. My medium is FF's Happy Frog and Ocean Forest with a little added perlite and worm castings, so I should be good for a while. Plus, every time I re-pot, I am using new soil which will introduce new nutrients.

Tri_Cho_Me

Sound like your doing pretty food though. Don't forget to use a little mykos when you repot. I never transplant without. It will really help your roots establish.

Tri_Cho_Me

I'd lower to 24 inches anyway. That's not too close and once they really come to life you don't want them stretching for the light so young.

I'm sure it would be fine to lower it down to 24 now, but I'm going to wait just in case. I'll note everything as necessary so I can try 24 right away and see what the differences are.

Tri_Cho_Me

Fiddynut

Tri_Cho_Me
Sounds great. Your soil blend has a lot of good stuff in it. I doubt you will need to use nutes until after your last transplant when they really need it for the stretch. That said I under fertilized mine and had some yellowing of leaves from early flower on. I'm no expert but have seen a lot of threads where people killed their plants with too much nutes and have been told repeatedly that it's better to under do it than to over do it. Are you planing on using distilled water for the whole grow? I know that people who use distilled or RO water do need to add minerals like ca and mg and what not. If your plants want more of that stuff I guess they will show you, keep an eye on those leaves. Keep up the good work.

Tri_Cho_Me

Sounds great. Your soil blend has a lot of good stuff in it. I doubt you will need to use nutes until after your last transplant when they really need it for the stretch. That said I under fertilized mine and had some yellowing of leaves from early flower on. I'm no expert but have seen a lot of threads where people killed their plants with too much nutes and have been told repeatedly that it's better to under do it than to over do it. Are you planing on using distilled water for the whole grow? I know that people who use distilled or RO water do need to add minerals like ca and mg and what not. If your plants want more of that stuff I guess they will show you, keep an eye on those leaves. Keep up the good work.

I am using Distilled for now, but I will also use my tap water that has been left out overnight as well as pH'd appropriately.

Tri_Cho_Me

Day 7 Veg - Pics

Day 7 Veg - Pics

Screw it, here are some pics!

Attachments

• #1 Day 7 - Veg.jpg
    #1 Day 7 - Veg.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 13
  • #2 Day 7 - Veg.jpg
    #2 Day 7 - Veg.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 14