What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Great Indoors, Outside.

RoostaPhish

Veteran
Very nice! What you shooting for on the soil tests? You going for albrecht' or something else? curious what other folks are shooting for.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Sick thread. I'm definitely down for the duration. I'll be following you on IG too :yes: Keep up the good work.

nice set up. How tall do you plan on letting those plants get? How close can your lights be raised without messing with the plastic cover?

ronbo51

Veteran
Way cool. A few questions. Just to give folks a sense of commitment in resources here can you give us a quick rundown of the tally so far in the expense column? Also, the Bio Wave. I never heard of it until now. I went and found a few places where it is mentioned, but still am not quite sure what it does. Can you briefly explain it? What kind of wood are the beds made from? Probably cedar or redwood since you are in timber country. What are the lower outdoor temps you will be fighting. That heater is a mofo. Running heating oil from a bulk tank would bring heat costs down considerably. How about the environmental systems those fancy controllers are driving? Folks who have never entered a greenhouse in Winter have missed one of life's easily overlooked treasures. Good luck, although it looks like you don't need it, you got this shit covered.

wallywombat

cool setup man, i like your soil mix and cover crops are the go, do you turn your cover crops back into the soil ?? or do you pull it, alot of those genetics are looking indica dominant, good luck mate looks great

Way cool. A few questions. Just to give folks a sense of commitment in resources here can you give us a quick rundown of the tally so far in the expense column? Also, the Bio Wave. I never heard of it until now. I went and found a few places where it is mentioned, but still am not quite sure what it does. Can you briefly explain it? What kind of wood are the beds made from? Probably cedar or redwood since you are in timber country. What are the lower outdoor temps you will be fighting. That heater is a mofo. Running heating oil from a bulk tank would bring heat costs down considerably. How about the environmental systems those fancy controllers are driving? Folks who have never entered a greenhouse in Winter have missed one of life's easily overlooked treasures. Good luck, although it looks like you don't need it, you got this shit covered.

Expenses are high. It's a DIY but it was costly, more than one would expect. Custom builds are never cheap, and usually have more than a few unexpected expenses.

The biowave is bioharmonic resonance machine... Sacred geometry spinning in two directions creating a frequency that has been shown to open stomata and increase respiration and increase Co2 uptake. Supposed to increase yields up to 20%. This is my first round using one so we will see.. I'm heavy into Phillip Callahan reading right now and understanding plant infrared signals and the relationship to insect attraction and plant health.

The wood is untreated Doug fir, this greenhouse is unfortunately not permanent and will only be used for two runs...

The fancy controller hasn't been installed, link4 customer service are about as competent as a third grade lemonade stand. They don't have their shit together in build times, shipping or anything else for that matter. So it was way late and we had to push on. The day we cut the ribbon and put plants in the controller shows up, lol...

Thanks for your interest, I'll give an in depth reply when I'm not on a mobile device.

EG

cool setup man, i like your soil mix and cover crops are the go, do you turn your cover crops back into the soil ?? or do you pull it, alot of those genetics are looking indica dominant, good luck mate looks great

I generally try and let the cover crop mature and become woody before I turn them in to build soil organic matter. otherwise you are just making green manure and I don't really need it, since my soil is well amended. I'm after root exudates and stimulating the biology with a happy cover crop. .. Also retaining moisture in my soil and preventing erosion i.e. Exposing roots when hand watering..

Btw..
Also have some sugar black rose and grapefruit gift in the genetic lineup...

Ronbo1,

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200635583_200635583

Runs on Diesel #1&2, kerosene, and Jet fuel.

I have zero complaints so far about this heater. When its not heating you can manual overide the fans and bring in fresh air. This heater is a boss and has a tank big enough to run through the night without filling.. Holds a whopping 42 gallons, I love this heater!

I have neighbors hella close so I have installed High CFM inline fans to keep the noise down. The heater is also super quiet. I keep the tarp on once it gets dark out so I dont become a little league baseball field beacon of light, attracting tweakers and prying eyes like moths to a flame. Its working well so far...

nice set up. How tall do you plan on letting those plants get? How close can your lights be raised without messing with the plastic cover?

the top of the buds shouldnt crest the top of the t- posts or 2x2's.. Ill be stretching trellis across the beds real soon. This set up requires a good trellis game to maximize yields.. So basically Im counting on the sun to fill in the 1.5' space on each side of the bed that the gavitas dont cover in my 8 x60' beds.. aiming for 4lbs a light but itll probably be more like 3 if we get good sun...

I can raise the lights all the way to the roof no problem with the plastic.

EG

RoostaPhish

Veteran
Funny, it does feel like that sometimes doesnt it. I have definitely become looser in my adherence to it.

adrianos88

Watching this while my grow's gonna be 2 plants in a diy browbox sure looks impressive as hell!

Can't wait to see your greenhouse in bloom, godspeed!

furrywall11

Wow, that's beautiful bro. I'd really like to do something like that this at some point. The best of both worlds. I did a 1420 square foot greenhouse that was packed so tight that we were almost always getting brushed by branches and we managed to get 1/oz per square foot which is I guess the benchmark when you're doing just natural light.

I guess the gavitas will take care of the temps during the on period but have you done any calculations on how much it will cost per day to heat the greenhouse during the off period? I bought a couple modine hawtdags and they go through a heck of a lot of fuel. Any concerns about soil temps? Are your lights run off of the grid or a diesel generator?

Anyways, just beautiful man.....btw, I grew that Allen Wrench and I dug it. Looked just like indoor and had a very unique nose. It was the only strain in the garden that threw out some
nanners though so, might want to give it a look through now and again.

Peace bradah

Latest posts

Latest posts