What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

looking for big tupperware that stays as airtight as jars do?

T

TREE KING

the biggest jars that i can find with a latch are 5 liters and even though i like them the top is too small to reach in and get alot of weed out at one time and when i go to dump it out the weed gets stuck and im sitting there shaking it like crazy. i would rather use tupperware for weed storage plus sweating the buds instead but the tupperware ive had in the past ive noticed the weed drying out and not holding its moisture. it might of been just low quality i dont know but can someone recommend some high quality big tupperware that keeps things air tight for long term storage? thanks

PeopleWish

for real? these pails are really air tight like a jar?

Yes, they are leaktite. I use them.

However if you buy a 5gal bucket and only fill it with 1 gals worth that extra space in the container will cause the flower to dry out.

The more bud in the container the better, saying that RH of the area is less than or equal to 65%. (However, any RH below 55% could result in your end product being sub-optimal, i.e. crumbles to dust.)

If you want glass, visit your local home brewery store or look at pickling jars if you have the extra $.

*Wish

Last edited:
T

TREE KING

thanks for the info PeopleWish i believe you that they work but im just curious what is the longest amount of time youve stored weed in one of those?

PeopleWish

thanks for the info PeopleWish i believe you that they work but im just curious what is the longest amount of time youve stored weed in one of those?

At capacity the flowers should stay as long as any glass jar would permit.

If you want to enhance the leaktite + easy-off combo you can add a calk seal around the lip housing inside the easy-off lid.

^Very easy step to ensure an extra level of protection for all your hard work.

*Wish

Last edited:
T

TREE KING

im gonna need to take the lid off often so i wouldnt do the seal. thanks alot PeopleWish i appreciate it this makes things alot easier especially for drying/sweating the buds

also if anyone else has any other options please post

PeopleWish

You dont seal the lid shut to the bucket,

You add the seal to the lid and then allow it to dry, it acts as the rubberband inside a Home Depot or Lowes bucket; except the silicon seal will not fall out like it would overtime for a Home Depot or Lowes bucket.

*Wish

T

TREE KING

ok im gonna do that hopefully the guy at the store can show me how to do it cause ive never done something like that before. thanks

JOE CHRONIC

I'm smoking some SSH from 2009 harvest stored in a oven roasting bag right now, no mold or mildew.
LINK----> http://www.reynoldsovenbags.com/

These bags are better than mason jars as the jar will leak a little over time around the rubber seal and the through the pours of the metal lids.

They also don't make any clanking sounds and don't weigh a thing.

Best storing advice I could give you...

T

TREE KING

I'm smoking some SSH from 2009 harvest stored in a oven roasting bag right now, no mold or mildew.
LINK----> http://www.reynoldsovenbags.com/

These bags are better than mason jars as the jar will leak a little over time around the rubber seal and the through the pours of the metal lids.

They also don't make any clanking sounds and don't weigh a thing.

Best storing advice I could give you...

yup your right about that joe i just figured id be lucky if i found some tupperware that worked as good as the jars do. the thing is i already have a commercial vacuum sealer with thick heavy duty 15" wide bags so as far as soft material im all set. i was looking for something sturdy on the outside so the crystals stay in the best condition possible and also to sweat the buds while curing/drying. i definitely dont want to use bags to sweat the buds

Last edited:

JOE CHRONIC

yup your right about that joe i just figured id be lucky if i found some tupperware that worked as good as the jars do. the thing is i already have a commercial vacuum sealer with thick heavy duty 15" wide bags so as far as soft material im all set. i was looking for something sturdy on the outside so the crystals stay in the best condition possible and also to sweat the buds while curing/drying. i definitely dont want to use bags to sweat the buds

Gotcha, I missed the mention of sweating the buds, sorry.

Ya, you're going to want jars for getting that moisture out...

T

TREE KING

Gotcha, I missed the mention of sweating the buds, sorry.

Ya, you're going to want jars for getting that moisture out...

so theres no tupperware that works as good as jars? after thinking about it, it would make things alot easier, even easier than the pails mentioned earlier because of how wide they are

Sherman Williams paint store makes a nice air-tight 5 gallon bucket. You can even just get the lids and put them on Home Depot buckets for an air-tight fit. This was my set-up for making hard apple cider.

just thought of this. I put my cats food in this large container that I got at costco. it has a o-ring to keep it air tight. holds 2 25# bags of cat food. what's even nicer is that the lid spins off.

Latest posts

Latest posts