What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Busted for Cultivation, Finally the Conclusion!!

Elite

Back in Sept. my home got raided... Here is the news story: In Bold, are words changed to protect my Identity (But since this account was breached when my computer was confiscated, I'll need to delete my IC account and start over)

Edited: New Story Removed

In June 09' (prior to the raid) I had a cycle accident in which I shattered my femur bone and knee, at the time of my Raid (3 months after my accident), I was hooked to a IV and a wound vac (machine that drains/sucks the nastiness from my wound). That is why in the article it states "charges are pending due to a medical condition" The authorities didn't charge me or even take me into custody at the time of the raid. 5 weeks later they come back to my house to serve a warrant for my arrest. While at the jail they realized they didn't have the means to address my medical condition. Instead of my $50K bail, I was released on house arrest and remained on it (almost 5 months) until court today.

My lawyer and I considered a Medical Marijuana defense. In MD.

With a simple possession in MD (if you can prove medical necessity) its only a $100 Fine. However we decided, due to my situation (this didn't apply to me because of the cultivation charges.

:bashhead:The DA offered me 18 months if I plead guilty to cultivation charges (dropping 2 other felonies and a misdemeanor) So I took it!!
My lawyer played the medical condition card:scripture: (my health it too bad for jail) and I played the water-works card :cry: :D

Well...I received time served and 5 years probation!! :yay:

NO Jail time and my house arrest band was removed :jump:

Needless to say I'm very happy with the outcome, apposed to 18 months in jail or 18 months on house arrest...

Heres my original post right after the raid, closed because I posted the entire news article (I figured what the hell, I'm already busted...I have nothing to hide now)
I Got Busted! (Link)

I Feel Like a Free Man!!
:cool:Dutch

Elite

femur and a knee? jesus man, I dunno how you handled the pain!

With the "Devils Candy"
Oxycodone
Oxycotin
Methadone
Lyrica

Rand, Shack.....GREAT TO SEE YOU GUYS, I missed you'all while I was in my MJ depressed hiatus...I'll PM Both you guys with my new SN as this one is getting deleted...

Shack, PM me, lemme me know whats going on with you!!

Thanks everyone for the well wishes!!:bis:

I'm Ready to GROW:plant grow:
However last night, I couldn't even sleep, thinking I was going to jail for 2 years:clock watch:

I need to move to a state where I can be compliant...What States are they again??
All cold areas except CA, huh...
We need to get some more states on the ball:scripture:, southern one too like MD, NC, SC, or FL

Thanks again for all the support everyone, thats one thing I love and missed the most about these forums compared to others, its more of a community and less of a gathering of trolls, trying to make you feel as bad as they do....

Anyway....I'm BACK!!:thank you:

:cool:Dutch

Morpheen

Great to hear your outcome!!

You may want to wait a while to grow, being on probation and all, they'll be keeping a close eye on you for a while...wait until things cool down a bit.

You are very blessed to have your freedom with all those charges you had. Don't take advantage of it, by taking it for granted!!

Best Wishes in whatever you pursue, and I hope you heal up soon!!

:)Morpheen

Pythagllio

Patient Grower
Veteran
Jon Katz helped a guy in PG County that he represented under MD's so called MMJ law. $100 fine, no probation, no paraphernalia charge, nobody trying to sneak a peak at their johnsons, and most important no friggin' re-education classes to endure, to make sure he's not still smokin'. The guy he got off was tending over 30 plants.

Ah well, what's done is done. I truly hope you don't end up bald from anger while you endure your re-education. Then there's the mandatory religion twice a week until the PO is satisfied. But I'm a stone cold atheist and religionists drive me up a wall.

ArcticBlast

It's like a goddamned Buick Regal
Veteran
man you lucky bastard (not really, but you know what i'm saying)! congrats, good luck :joint: oh yeah, and delete that account! :joint:

ArcticBlast

Elite

Jon Katz helped a guy in PG County that he represented under MD's so called MMJ law. $100 fine, no probation, no paraphernalia charge, nobody trying to sneak a peak at their johnsons, and most important no friggin' re-education classes to endure, to make sure he's not still smokin'. The guy he got off was tending over 30 plants.

Ah well, what's done is done. I truly hope you don't end up bald from anger while you endure your re-education. Then there's the mandatory religion twice a week until the PO is satisfied. But I'm a stone cold atheist and religionists drive me up a wall.

I assume you are referring to Probation (Visits) when you say re-education....Otherwise I'm not sure what you mean....I won't have any Drug classes or anything...hell, my judge waved my court and probation fees (Not cheap).

I considered Jon Katz, however he is on the other side of the Bay from me, and he normally charges like $15K for representing criminal defense case in his Area, think if he had to travel 3hrs to defend me (he would probably charge me his hourly rate of something like $300 hr).
That case your referring to with the 30 plants in the guys basement,
the defendant paid A LOT to have a doctor who specialized in the medicinal effects of MJ flown here from CA to testify on his behalf.
Pfft, I wonder what something like that would cost??$$
That defendant probably paid $20-$30K, oh plus the $100 fine...

I paid $6K (goodbye decent vehicle or small business I want to start) and got my 5 years of probation, I think I got the better deal...

I would've been pleased with house arrest (after being on it for 5 months already) for those 18 months, because the alternative was 13 months in jail (5 months time served for my house arrest).

Instead...ONLY 5 years probation...I can't tell you how pleased I was with the verdict!!

House Arrest is a excellent alternative to jail, but let me tell you...It sux too, from the annoying ankle band, I can't go out to my garage even to work on my boat. And over the Holidays, Thanksgiving and Christmas my family got together and I'm left at home by myself (Talk about depressing:cry:), however I got plates of "left overs"...and New Years I couldn't even drink (a stipulation for House Arrest, NO Alcohol on the property) and I followed all the rules, because I didn't want to get violated, If I did they would sent me to a State facility (where they are able to tend to my injuries) Here in MD we call Jessup Correctional Facility the "The Cut" for obvious reasons...

Anyway, It was icing on the cake when they cut the band off yesterday...I felt like a free man...I HAD to go for a walk,
I have to use two crutches...Even know it was very difficult and painful, It felt incredible!!:greenstars:

:)Dutch

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
That's awesome bro! I know the feeling of being hooked to opiates as I'm stuck on methadone from my dentist hooking me on vicodin and it got outta hand! I'm in a fee withdrawl right now too! Dropped from 100mg to 70mg in 4 days! Thats fast... I need my welfare to come through I fucked up on a paper and delayed my money fucking myself!!

Glad to hear you got time served that's just awesome bro congrats!!!

5 years of probation is a LOT of time...you will have some jerk waiting to send you up the river as soon as you fail a piss test. sorry you had to go thru all that..bummer.