What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

looking for a strain that will grow a monster sativa outdoors

L

larry badiner

ill be using a mix of happy frog and ocean forest i think its called.

WelderDan

Veteran
Check out Cannabiogen and Ace seeds. They both carry Sativa and Sativa hybrids that get big outdoors.

Koondense

Veteran
Original haze, Oldtimers Haze, Mangobiche, Nepalese or Indian sativa like Kerala or Manipuri, Zamaldelica, Zamal, Mullum madness, Thai...
Plenty of choices, just pick one and dig a big hole.

Cheers

T

Teddybrae

The bigger the hole the bigger the plant.

This is true depending what's in the hole.

Look in my Albums you will see 4 meter Mango Haze. It is a high cbd variety either from Mr Nice ... or "CBD Crew". I got mine from the latter.
It's got plenty of THC too!

Good luck!

T

Teddybrae

Kangtiva had monsters, mangobiche was a huge monster if you can finish it.

This is another factor for decision-making ... Mould Resistance!

Mango Haze, Sour Diesel ... big ... mould resistant. Blue Dream should be also as it comes from wet and misty Norcal. Any of those Norcal varieties should be fairly mould resistant.

Anyone in Norcal back me up on that?

This is another factor for decision-making ... Mould Resistance!

Mango Haze, Sour Diesel ... big ... mould resistant. Blue Dream should be also as it comes from wet and misty Norcal. Any of those Norcal varieties should be fairly mould resistant.

Anyone in Norcal back me up on that?

All of CA is incredibly dry during the summer months and the wet season doesn’t start until after your typical harvest. If you’re within a few miles of the coast you may get fog, but it’s certainly nothing like what growers on the east coast have to deal with. Only rarely do you see summer thunderstorms in CA.

blays0r

Most true African strains will be absolute monsters at harvest time. I don't know what your water supply is like, but it better be plentiful.

And, "the bigger the hole" is true, as well. If you don't have the proper space for roots, it doesn't matter what strain you're running.

L

larry badiner

im scoring these barrels for plants for 55$/ea to grow monster plants, im going to put a four or five of bags of soil in each, and just feed them hose water, since i think happy frog has lime in there. im probably going to have just two, and i have to select the best ones or ill lose 300$

im looking for something full blown trippy, psychadelic, easily staked, big nugs would be nice, but a long flowering, towering, long running buds. ive tried sams thai x skunk #1, it reminded me of being in a jungle in vietnam, but that was a decade ago and i just ate a preflower lol, but something that would mess me up good. i remember i scored this stuff in the ghetto and these photorealistic pair of red eyes would follow me, fucking destroyed me psychologically for 2 days

i need stuff like that

packerfan79

Veteran
im scoring these barrels for plants for 55$/ea to grow monster plants, im going to put a four or five of bags of soil in each, and just feed them hose water, since i think happy frog has lime in there. im probably going to have just two, and i have to select the best ones or ill lose 300$

im looking for something full blown trippy, psychadelic, easily staked, big nugs would be nice, but a long flowering, towering, long running buds. ive tried sams thai x skunk #1, it reminded me of being in a jungle in vietnam, but that was a decade ago and i just ate a preflower lol, but something that would mess me up good. i remember i scored this stuff in the ghetto and these photorealistic pair of red eyes would follow me, fucking destroyed me psychologically for 2 days

i need stuff like that

You are going to run in to problems really quickly if you're not feeding with happy frog. It doesn't have very much nutes in it. Ocean forest has a decent amount of nutes, I generally allow 3 weeks of veg till I start feeding nutes to plants in ocean forest.

I am not trying to bum you out. I just want to impart some wisdom. Especially in a long flowering sativa you are going to have deficiencies if you don't feed something. I think adding some lime would be a good idea. Their is a whole thread about different soil mixes, if you are interested in mixing up a soil of your own.

Robbie vapez

Look at the hazes, they get big. You're old mate Platy there in you signature would suggest MNS for something. Dont discount KC Brains either

ahortator

Veteran
Actual pure Thai landrace. Also if you can get some true Central Africa landrace seed, they will grow huge, but they are extremely difficult to get.

Anything grown by our master grower friends in Oz grows like Jack and the Beanstalk.

picture.php

picture.php