What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bag Appeal Ruing Weed and What Do You Think of Matt Riot...

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
it seems also that he is great reader of cannabis internet forums and so he knows that hype bullshit about road kill, blueberry pre2000, piff and f1 durban etc. hahahaha I wonder that he doesnt have any cross with A5 :D he prolly didnt get his hands on it yet..

I never said anything about his catalog being as extensive or as "game changing" as any of the other breeders I mentioned. I said he was every bit as well versed in the science as they are.

I never said he's worked with the varieties that "MAHA KALA" deems worthy. I said that what I have grown and smoked was fkn killer. I said that well respected people have found plants in his offerings that others agree are worth keeping around.

I spoke on the guys character because that's what the OP was asking about.

If he doesn't offer what your in the market for, move the fuk on. Find somebody that does. Simple as that.

You feeling the need to talk down on the dude because his offerings aren't what float your boat says a lot.

My post wasn't meant to hype anything. Pretty sure ICMag hasn't been the place for that in a while.

707OGBUSH970

I'm not sure if that's a new trend, I remember seeing a lot of leafy buds sold as-is because the leaflets were super frosty. I think it's strain dependent and very subjective.. some strains really benefit from a clean hit others can gain some depth if you leave the leaves on... the same goes for extra long cures, "indicas" usually get too stoney and bland but clear headed sativas can gain a new layer after a very long cure.

Im a big fan of this. This is how we always did it when I first began growing. It was only due to market demand that anything resembled a leaf was obliterated. I found that, a lot of trimmers I paid would not cut the petiole either, but just kind of shape the bud by digging into the nug itself. I had to put a stop to that. You have to be sure to cut at the base of every leaf you want gone. My last harvest i had strains that had lost of frosty leaflets and I left lots of them on. I found that, since I hadnt done that in while, the results were much better and almost surprising. I forget how much better it was to do that. Leaving the protective layer of frost leaves almost protects the inside and, when cured properly, leaves a slight amount of desirable moisture. The buds stay stinkier and nicer all around longer, I believe.

707OGBUSH970

it seems also that he is great reader of cannabis internet forums and so he knows that hype bullshit about road kill, blueberry pre2000, piff and f1 durban etc. hahahaha I wonder that he doesnt have any cross with A5 :D he prolly didnt get his hands on it yet..

Unfortunately there are lots of people who only seem to be interpreters of internet forums, when it comes to their level of knowledge. Im not sure if Riot is one of them, but this bugs me too. Sick of all the regurgitated hype talk. Tough to wade through the bullshit at times.

I m just going to try one of Riots other crosses first, probably a Platinum Banana.

Its apparent them man makes people run and run to there respective corners. There is no middle ground on Riot it seems, but he does seem to have some good stuff. Just going to have to try it myself and evaluate from there.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
I barely trim what Im saving for myself. Right until I roll a joint. Then I try to remove every last little bit of leaf and stem.

As for what I sell. I try to find that balance of leaving a little frosty leaf and making sure it does not end up leaving any shake in the bag later on.

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
Matt Riot, the person? He's on a VERY short list of people I'd vouche for. Not just saying a few positive things about the guy in some random thread on a cannabis forum either. I'm talking about seriously vouching for the guy. In the real world. When the cost of being wrong is severe, I'll vouche for him. No hesitation.

Matt Riot the breeder? He's better educated than the majority breeders out there. Without a doubt. Tom, Hyb, Sam, Chim, Nspecta..... He's right there, eating at the big boy table for sure. No joke. No exaggeration.

As far as what he charges for his seeds goes, who the fuk is anybody to tell another person what their effort is worth?

To expensive for your blood? Grow the fuk up and deal with it instead of complaining like a bunch of little kids.

His gear? What I've grown is TOP NOTCH! I was smoking on his P91s1 earlier today. The cut I got was selected by a guy with close ties to the original crew that ran P91 down in San Diego. CLOSE TIES! I know of a couple of other tough to please guys that run it and they ain't gonna let her go anytime soon. A few that remember it from back in the day and have toked this cut have suggested that it's better than the original.

As far as Matt not holding up his end of a trade, I think that's complete bullshit. It's just not the dudes character. The poster may well have sent him seeds from "cool crosses" but I'm willing to bet they weren't worth what he asked(expected) for in return. Embarrassing as it is getting denied for grabbing at the guys best shit is, it's nobody fault but his own for not keeping in touch.

Yes, the mthrfkr's always down to mix it up. He's quick to call a fraud out online for sure. I personally respect that about him. Most in his position would rather not rock the boat. Better for them to turn a blind eye than possibly face the criticisms of some squids minions. That may be the smart play, it just ain't him.

I know him pretty well. Well enough to be certain his goal isn't to just cause drama. Truth is he'd probably rather just kick the dudes teeth out and be done with it.

And that BULLSHIT about him scamming for cuts back in San Diego or how he had a "heavy mite load"....I won't even bother.

Edit:Someone posted earlier that Matt didn't know what an IX was. That's either a lie or taken way out of context. I'm imagining the possibility that he was stoned or maybe was thinking out loud, asking himself a simple question before he commented. Brain fart. Being Johnny on spot like that, fielding random questions, what other breeder does that? Dudes will go live and hype their latest whatever but take a shot at answering ANY question? Na

Bag appeal ruining the quality of high? If that's what plants are being selected for, yeah. It'll go to shit.

You are much better at talking to people than I :tiphat: you could not have said it any better brother! Blessings

highsteppa

Veteran
Whoever is puttin riot on the same playing field as Sam and Tom is straight up tripping. It really makes one unable to take your judgement seriously on other matters regarding this thread. And chimera and inspecata too...these are some of the few out there that aren’t just pollen chucking, trendy cut chasin,bro science fools. Just backcoss it a bunch and it’s 99% pure dank :laughing:

I’m all in for going back to the hippy trim

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
Unfortunately there are lots of people who only seem to be interpreters of internet forums, when it comes to their level of knowledge. Im not sure if Riot is one of them, but this bugs me too. Sick of all the regurgitated hype talk. Tough to wade through the bullshit at times.

I m just going to try one of Riots other crosses first, probably a Platinum Banana.

Its apparent them man makes people run and run to there respective corners. There is no middle ground on Riot it seems, but he does seem to have some good stuff. Just going to have to try it myself and evaluate from there.

Buy some and grow it I wish I wasn't a retarded when I popped my bx coz I found a female who was throwing out maroon pistils during presex wish I could have flowered her and made f2's oh well I always got next time

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
Whoever is puttin riot on the same playing field as Sam and Tom is straight up tripping. It really makes one unable to take your judgement seriously on other matters regarding this thread. And chimera and inspecata too...these are some of the few out there that aren’t just pollen chucking, trendy cut chasin,bro science fools. Just backcoss it a bunch and it’s 99% pure dank :laughing:

I’m all in for going back to the hippy trim

Are you referring to Riot with the "just backcross it a bunch and it's 99% pure dank" comment? You got ZERO fkn clue if you are. Just flapping your pie hole without knowing a damn thing about the guy.

I get that some ain't into the guy. I do. He ain't for everybody, but posting comments like that just proves it's a coin flip for some. Matt has spoken many many times about how wrong "cubing" is. In fact I'd love to see an example of when he "just backcrossed a bunch" to get to where he wanted to go.

He's been working closely with someone you mentioned. Not on a seed line. But definitely on the science end of things. And it's far from "Bro Science". I know this because I'm in contact with them both. Not on a forum or IG but on the phone! Like fkn adults!lol I'd say more but it's not my place to do so.

I could keep going and completely prove how little you actually know, but I ain't here for that.

If people REALLY want to know what's up the guy, it ain't that hard to do. He really makes himself pretty damn accessible. If you don't, for whatever reason, well that's fkn cool too. Like I said, he ain't gonna be everyone's cup of tea. It WOULD be cool if they did before posting opinions based on complete nonsense though.

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
Since you are referring to my post, I will address the stuff you said.

First, even if I sent him dreck, it was what he traded for. I didn't send dreck however, IIRC it was a Mexican x White Widow. Whatever, not a big deal or big loss. He just fell short on the return end. That being said, he didn't make me a fan. If someone wants freebies (he does) and sells packs for $500, there are some mental and ethical gymnastics happening in that punk's brain.

I left out any hearsay.

The mites? LOL, even Matt would likely agree.

The way I understood your original post, it was an open ended trade and he agreed to take care of you when you saw something you were interested in. It just so happened that what eventually interested you was off the table. These things happen. In my opinion, it's a bit of a leap to say he reneged. You took a swing and missed. Should have taken another swing no?

As for your original mite comment, I didn't mean to imply that he didn't have a mite issue at one time or another. I didn't want to bother because who hasn't. He might of had a raging case of hemmoroids for all I know.lol It just seemed like an unfair stab at the dude.

And again, I get that you aren't a fan. For whatever reason. He doesn't need me to find him friends. I also understand that his packs sell for much more than packs from other breeders. I don't don't understand resenting him for it though. Some folks are like that about a lot of things. I'm just not that type, but I do get it. Personally,I'd rather feel good about the killer deal I got on my reasonably priced car than resent the person next to me in traffic, driving what I believe is an overpriced car. But It's your life, live it how you'd like.

Last edited:

burningfire

Veteran
what's his fem spray anyway? he says it's not silver nitrate or something but he doesn't say what it is or the PPM, you could get colloidal silver for half the price.

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
what's his fem spray anyway? he says it's not silver nitrate or something but he doesn't say what it is or the PPM, you could get colloidal silver for half the price.

I have no reason to doubt you man.

As far as what's in his reversal spray and at what ppm, I honestly couldn't tell ya. He might share if ya ask, then again, he might not. I've never actually inquired. It's more than likely something he conciders proprietarty.

I DO know that there are a ton of people who use it. Some are HUGE players in the seed biz. HUGE! He was recently contracted to reverse acres of plants. Not an easy task by any stretch of the imagination.

I remember, way back on CW, SamS, Vic High and others pressing hyb for the contents of his reversal spray.lol I'm not sure but I don't think he ever divulged his recipe either.

Last edited:

burningfire

Veteran

As far as what's in his reversal spray and at what ppm, I honestly couldn't tell ya. He might share if ya ask, then again, he might not. I've never actually inquired. It's more than likely something he conciders proprietarty.

I DO know that there are a ton of people who use it. Some are HUGE players in the seed biz. HUGE! He was recently contracted to reverse acres of plants. Not an easy task by any stretch of the imagination.

I remember, way back on CW, SamS, Vic High and others pressing hyb for the contents of his reversal spray.lol I'm not sure but I don't think he ever divulged his recipe either.

I mean there's a few possibilities, I doubt it's anything proprietary, it's all very vague, I just don't really care for that type of marketing.. I guess I'm not spending any money on it, it's just not the way I would conduct myself business wise. I just know that I liked to know what I am buying and the concentration to get a good idea of what I can expect.

I

Ignignokt

I mean there's a few possibilities, I doubt it's anything proprietary, it's all very vague, I just don't really care for that type of marketing.. I guess I'm not spending any money on it, it's just not the way I would conduct myself business wise. I just know that I liked to know what I am buying and the concentration to get a good idea of what I can expect.

Just make it yourself for PENNIES.

It is a one step process.

I

Ignignokt

I just visited his website.... jesus christ.

Why would someone want to 'reverse' acres of plants?
I can't think of any valid reason you would want acres of females growing balls and all becoming seeded?
Do any breeders need billions of feminized seeds?

Anyway, i don't know him personally but his website seems very disingenuous to me.
Used car salesman-esque.
Empty vessels make the most noise.

:ying: :2cents:

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran

For sure man. If givin the choice between knowing and not knowing.... yeah, I'd always choose the former.

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
I just visited his website.... jesus christ.

Why would someone want to 'reverse' acres of plants?
I can't think of any valid reason you would want acres of females growing balls and all becoming seeded?
Do any breeders need billions of feminized seeds?

Anyway, i don't know him personally but his website seems very disingenuous to me.
Used car salesman-esque.
Empty vessels make the most noise.

:ying: :2cents:

I misspoke in my earlier post. I should have said that he was contracted to reverse enough plants to pollinate acres of plants.

About breeders needing billions of seeds. I couldn't say with any certainty. I highly doubt it would be to sell to home growers by the ten pack though. But who knows, maybe that's the plan.lol If I had to REALLY guess, it would be to sell to farmers who grow acres and acres of plants. Sold by the kilo. Times are changing fast.

I haven't been on his website in years so I can't really speak on it. I do know that sales are a trippy thing. Hell, I don't have a clue what half the commercials I constantly see on tv are selling! Those companies seem to be doing alright though. So well that they could give a fuck about hearing my input, regardless of how strongly worded the letter I send them might be. So I won't be waisting MY time putting pen to paper anytime soon.

"Empty vessels make the most noise". I've heard that before but I wrote it off as just noise from an empty vessel.lol