What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Switch to CMH on 3x6 trays... advice??

I have two 6x3 flower trays with 2 a/c 600w HPS over each tray and Im thinking about replacing them with three 315w lights per tray

My question is would three 315w per tray be ideal? I should expect more yield and better quality with 945w CMH vs 1200w HPS, correct? I just want to make sure the switch is a good one and worth it

also should i use reflectors that have the bulb horizontal or vertical?? for CMH brands my hydro shop has nanolux, ss lec, greenpower horizontal, sunburst, phantom and sun systems, any recommendations?
thank you

Eli Bloom

I originally hung 3 315's over my 3x6 and ended up pulling one as it was not necessary and just added heat. 2 is perfect!

i'm using the phantom setup - digital ballasts and the square shaped open vertical bulb hoods. I'm loving the square light footprint.

Rondon

2 315's over the 3x6 tray/table. And if you pull 20 to 30 ounces of trimmed dry and good buds..please post it.

Eli Bloom

2 315's over the 3x6 tray/table. And if you pull 20 to 30 ounces of trimmed dry and good buds..please post it.

i'll easily hit that...i've got my room staggered 1/2 and 1/2 cycles right now but you can see how filled out the canopy is in the half the room that's further along.

these things rock!!!

Eli Bloom

pulled down a few weeks ago and weighed everything. not what i hoped for but i think the potential is there.

a few lessons learned: i packed the plants in way too tight on one side of the room and then they also grew too close to the open bulb so i wound up with a ton of larf that i'll blast.

then two of the plants under the other light were about 4 weeks behind everything else and i started seeing spots of powdery mildew so i chopped them at week 5 and sterilized / cleaned my whole show.

final weight of viable flower was 17 ounces. i know i can pull way more. those two plants i chopped early were shaping up to be 3-4 oz each and then if i hadn't crowded in so much and let them overgrow the way i did i would have had quite a bit more.

i'm going to stick with them (since i already have them) but be more careful about keeping a solid 2 feet from the canopy to the light.

Eli Bloom

also i was hitting 2+ #'s with 2 air cooled 600w HPS in the same space and that's what i was shooting for so this kinda hurt but at least i have a bunch of chronic to smoke :)

Latest posts

Latest posts