What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Hunt Is On: RKS aka Roadkill Skunk Type Pheno Hunt

I've found two different RKS Dom plants. Looking for a male now. I had a decent male that I found in Uncle Fester's but it was more armpit/amonia. The plants that I have came from 2 different seed stocks, a 91 and a 96 batch. Once I find a male suitable I will try to figure out how to send some in to share with all you wkunk lovers. I honestly had no Idea it had disappeared up until about 4 years ago and I lost all my plants....been searching an working every since. Oh, and for arguments sake I have two totally different phenos. Some say it's in the sativa end some will argue the indica.... I have one of each and while the indica is a bit louder the sativa leaning plant is spot on!

Dankwolf

I've found two different RKS Dom plants. Looking for a male now. I had a decent male that I found in Uncle Fester's but it was more armpit/amonia. The plants that I have came from 2 different seed stocks, a 91 and a 96 batch. Once I find a male suitable I will try to figure out how to send some in to share with all you wkunk lovers. I honestly had no Idea it had disappeared up until about 4 years ago and I lost all my plants....been searching an working every since. Oh, and for arguments sake I have two totally different phenos. Some say it's in the sativa end some will argue the indica.... I have one of each and while the indica is a bit louder the sativa leaning plant is spot on!

Any pics of the girls?

peeder green

Congrats man that is fucking dope. I comb through these threads all the time and was lucky enough to stumble onto your posts. Good news is a nice refresh! I think his name is doniwan over on rui said he found a super stinky male in his shoreline bx run from shoreline og, probably wouldn't be a bad place to look. Some pics would be super cool!

I can't wait to see what you end up with!
We should make" IC Skunk Cup" one day to share and compare prohibition era skunk lines.
I pheno hunted through Cannacopia's B.C Roadkill years ago, back when money orders were about the only way to get seeds & you were the coolest kid at school if your herb stank up the whole class.
I did a BX of the stinkiest I found in the packs I bought, and have never stopped tinkering, I kept nearly everything & have some rival hybrids that popped up over the years.
I recall purposely letting my lab get sprayed by skunks on the regular to condition my mothers nose🤣 Bless her heart for putting up with that stinky attic/house all them years.

Bird_Dog

Gonna be following this, I miss the old skunk bud, it was the first I ever smelled coming from my mom's backyard when her friends would visit, and some of the first I smoked when I was a youth. I'm hoping to devote a corner of the grow space to my own RKS hunt, and keep looking around local circles for a kept pheno, but no luck this far.

Drewsif

Gonna be following this, I miss the old skunk bud, it was the first I ever smelled coming from my mom's backyard when her friends would visit, and some of the first I smoked when I was a youth. I'm hoping to devote a corner of the grow space to my own RKS hunt, and keep looking around local circles for a kept pheno, but no luck this far.

Don't worry Phylos got us. I'ma pre-order Roundup Ready Skunk #1

Any updates on the RKS? I am currently looking to buy some beans and am wondering what is the best strain out there that most resembles the Road Kill Skunk.
Thanks Guys!

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
how closely related is the road kill skunk to the sensi seeds skunk#1 phenos of the 80s and 90s ???

whats the lineage on her

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
after seeing that pic of rks on page 1 my theory is sk1 80s 90s x chem91 just based on the leaves..

but its 100% a skunk x afghan hybrid

and I can also tell she looks more 60 sativa 40 indica as oppose to the 70/30 of sk#1

more pics of her growth and proper structure would help...

ive got some pics of chem91 that I grew and she looks more in that area maybe a little bit more skunkier chronic getting closer towards my sheff blues cut

XLNordic

I have some Heime Cheeba RKS ( RIP 😰 ) in the mail from Canada currently.
I dont think its the holygrail RKS but from what Ive heard and read it should contain some nice Stinky phenoes
Ive seen them go for 100-800 usd a pack
Im going to make them available later for way less 😉

Doug Dawson

I know the grower who did that reproduction here in Canada and I distributed them here for him. There are tons of those seeds up here and they were all giving out for free. Heck, I am still giving them away, lol. He also made crosses to the RKS with White Widow, Purple Kush and Big Detroit Energy. It was a great grow and fun to watch.

Jonestown88

This is the rks this is and shes in west by gawd virginia
I know the grower who did that reproduction here in Canada and I distributed them here for him. There are tons of those seeds up here and they were all giving out for free. Heck, I am still giving them away, lol. He also made crosses to the RKS with White Widow, Purple Kush and Big Detroit Energy. It was a great grow and fun to watch.

Attachments

• A2F4C720-B8D9-4D6D-959F-98F3E63964A8.png
    A2F4C720-B8D9-4D6D-959F-98F3E63964A8.png
    4.4 MB · Views: 29
  • CA1883F0-0882-4D6B-BAB1-DE8C338770FB.jpeg
    CA1883F0-0882-4D6B-BAB1-DE8C338770FB.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 27
  • F7849B1A-A20B-448F-B6EF-B526089A2A14.jpeg
    F7849B1A-A20B-448F-B6EF-B526089A2A14.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 30
  • 1852F6AF-AE56-4964-A000-0508F538228C.png
    1852F6AF-AE56-4964-A000-0508F538228C.png
    867.1 KB · Views: 32
  • A004A13C-025D-4E90-BF16-F901373D98EF.jpeg
    A004A13C-025D-4E90-BF16-F901373D98EF.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 28
  • 65154381-0388-4B64-9D9C-279B32AAD9E8.jpeg
    65154381-0388-4B64-9D9C-279B32AAD9E8.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 30
  • C852095D-8EC2-4F63-AF30-286E7ED0198E.jpeg
    C852095D-8EC2-4F63-AF30-286E7ED0198E.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 30
  • 449B0D30-5569-46F5-B933-BCF10F682F1E.jpeg
    449B0D30-5569-46F5-B933-BCF10F682F1E.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 36

JetLife175

Veteran
I can say this.

No one has found legit roadkill in any of the chem family. The only time it has popped up in Chem populations is in hybrid form.

This may be an indicator that either it's extremely recessive in the genepool, or the other donor is the cause for roadkill profiles. Through all my trial and error chasing the roadkill I learned that the Chems weren't the place to look.

Jonestown88

I can say this.

No one has found legit roadkill in any of the chem family. The only time it has popped up in Chem populations is in hybrid form.

This may be an indicator that either it's extremely recessive in the genepool, or the other donor is the cause for roadkill profiles. Through all my trial and error chasing the roadkill I learned that the Chems weren't the place to look.
Ive never grew any chem the rks has been in my family for 30 years and I inherited her from my dad

Latest posts

Latest posts