What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Strains for pain relief.

I

Iffy-Caradoc

Hi folks,
Which are the best known strains for pain relief, specifically back pain?
I read that 'moon cheese' is particularly good but which are the best/strongest?
Looking forward to your comments.
Stay safe :tiphat:

Cayenne

Although more research would be helpful on the subject, to my knowledge Cannabidiol (or CBD) is that recent evidence shows that smokers of cannabis with a higher CBD/THC ratio are used to relieve convulsions, inflammation, back pain, anxiety, and nausea. Also, people who use strains with high levels of Cannabidol are less likely to experience schizophrenia-like symptoms. Cannabidiol has also been shown to act as a 5-HT1A receptor agonist (covered in next paragraph), an action that is involved in its antidepressant, anxiolytic, and neuroprotective uses. CBD has a greater affinity for the CB2 receptor than for the CB1 receptor. CBD shares a precursor with THC and is the main cannabinoid in low-THC Cannabis strains. CBD apparently plays a role in preventing the short-term memory loss associated with THC in humans.

5-HT1A receptor agonists decrease blood pressure and heart rate via a central mechanism, by inducing peripheral vasodilation, and by stimulating the vagus nerve. These effects are the result of activation of 5-HT1A receptors within the rostral ventrolateral medulla. The sympatholytic antihypertensive drug urapidil is an α1-adrenergic receptor antagonist and α2-adrenergic receptor agonist, as well as 5-HT1A receptor agonist, and it has been demonstrated that the latter property contributes to its overall therapeutic effects. Vasodilation of the blood vessels in the skin via central 5-HT1A activation increases heat dissipation from the organism out into the environment, causing a decrease in body temperature.
Other effects of 5-HT1A activation that have been observed in scientific research include:
Decreased aggression
increased sociability, decreased impulsivity, inhibition of drug-seeking behavior, facilitation of sex drive and arousal, inhibition of penile erection, diminished food intake, prolongation of REM sleep latency, and reversal of opioid-induced respiratory depression.

i would think a strain like black domina, or harlequin; however, there are many other great choices.

BlueDuck

Wow Cayenne, you are so full of knowledge on this subject, I'm totally mesmerized with you, you did a great reply!
I'm new to this forum and was wondering if anyone has seen the Rick Simpson story entitled Run From The Cure! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0psJhQHk_GI
Simpson speaks of the Indica strain, processed to extract the oil from, which has proven to cure a number of serious diseases! Cancers (brain, prostate, ovarian, colon) Cystic Fibrosis, Crones, Arthritis, and you name it!
He started out trying to cure himself. He didn't charge any money for the oil he produced and gave to others to help them! Anyway the Governments of the world don't care about people, it's all about money, and that so sad!
I was a child of the late 50's and the early 60's, we have been taught that pot was bad, when it's the whole system that's bad! I know I probably sound very naive and it's because I've just heard about this a week ago! I turned 65 in October and I gotta laugh, because I've been working for the last 45 years. I'm retired and I finally have time to look around the world that I live in!
Cheers!

nattynattygurrl

Natalie J. Puffington
Veteran
Just to add to the great comments above…I’d suggest giving CannaMilk a try.
…It’s remarkable for pain and has helped get me through some pretty tough stuff.

Hope you find relief, Iffy!!
Stay strong and *try* to be positive…It helps; (I know it sounds hokey, but that’s just b/c it’s true!)

S

sallyforthDeleted member 75382

Very interesting reading some of the post's in this thread. I suffer a lot with back pain and insomnia and have this year grown Ice from female seeds. Best painkilling strain I've had.

Don't be put off by the fact they are feminized seeds, these were stressed at times and none hermied on me ( flowered out 10 ).

Also these were finished in June this year and I'm still smoking Ice with no tolerance build up.

When you have a smoke of this potent strain you really feel a body buzz and then complete relaxation of muscle's, this lasts a good couple of hours before needing to top up. As for sleep it really is good. Also had no time off work with my bad back since I've had Ice.

See what others say.

S

s00thsayer

Indicas are good for pain. I like Pot of Gold by flying dutchmen and use it for pain. On really bad days with lots of inflammation and muscle spasms ortega indica does the trick but it's sedating and may put you to sleep. Hope you find something that helps.

I

Iffy-Caradoc

Thanks a lot fellas, I'm making a list of mostly indica strains & will short list them & give 3 or 4 of them a go.
Stay safe

Cayenne

Wow Cayenne, you are so full of knowledge on this subject, I'm totally mesmerized with you, you did a great reply!
I'm new to this forum and was wondering if anyone has seen the Rick Simpson story entitled Run From The Cure! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0psJhQHk_GI
Simpson speaks of the Indica strain, processed to extract the oil from, which has proven to cure a number of serious diseases! Cancers (brain, prostate, ovarian, colon) Cystic Fibrosis, Crones, Arthritis, and you name it!
He started out trying to cure himself. He didn't charge any money for the oil he produced and gave to others to help them! Anyway the Governments of the world don't care about people, it's all about money, and that so sad!
I was a child of the late 50's and the early 60's, we have been taught that pot was bad, when it's the whole system that's bad! I know I probably sound very naive and it's because I've just heard about this a week ago! I turned 65 in October and I gotta laugh, because I've been working for the last 45 years. I'm retired and I finally have time to look around the world that I live in!
Cheers!

Its always nice to take some time to lurk, Rick Simpson sure is a passionate activist.

i will share a quote directly from his page

"After the horrible earthquake in Japan, that has caused all this damage to many of the nuclear reactors that are operating in that country, radiation is now spreading worldwide. With high levels of radiation being released into the atmosphere on a continuous basis, it will have a devastating effect on the lives of most living creatures."

Here is the reason i require moar science
Chinese labourers on railroad gangs involved in building the first transcontinental railroad first gave snake oil to Europeans with joint and back pain. When rubbed on the skin at the painful site, snake oil was claimed to bring relief. This claim was ridiculed by rival medicine salesmen, and in time, snake oil became a generic name for many compounds marketed as miraculous remedies whose ingredients were usually secret, unidentified, or mischaracterized and mostly inert or ineffective.
Also
In England, where a patent was granted to Richard Stoughton's elixer in 1712. There was no federal regulation in the USA concerning safety and effectiveness of drugs until the 1906 food and drug act and various medicine salesmen or manufacturers seldom had enough skills in analytical chemistry to analyze the contents of snake oil, it became the symbol for trickery.
The snake oil peddler became a stock character in Western culture: a travelling "doctor" with dubious credentials, selling fake medicines with boisterous marketing the hype, often supported by pseudo science or anecdotal evidence. To increase sales, an accomplice in the crowd (a shill) would often attest to the value of the product in an effort to provoke buying enthusiasm. The "doctor" would leave town before his customers realized they had been cheated. This practice is also called grifting and its practitioners are called grifters. i:peacock: require moar science.

i had a back injury in 1990 muscle spasms followed i was given valium and perocette which i used sparingly in 2000 i started using tinctures and edibles which has stopped all muscle spasms and pain i also make a salve and lip balm out of thc oil extracted from bud and trim as far as smokeables the best ones for me has been my favorite panama red (hard to find pure strain) holland hope, romulan 100% indica chem dawg, flo, bubba kush hope u find ur best reliefers that help u colorado medicine from the high country ps also paonia paralizer or purple is great 2 strains too if u can find em

Painfull

The best way to fight pain is to cook it in food products. Can last from 6-8 hours depending on the amount you use and how it was made. Believe it or not. Hemp has the highest CBD % but is very low THC %. Pain relief yes but no real high/Stone.

Pain

D

DryNobBob

Someone that is tired of me bitchin bout low potency, daytime smoke, my back hurts still, etc etc etc. They threw some WMD at me, Im hopin to get an opin on whether to set it back and open it up:biggrin: It don't look too bad and I always got a soft spot for some big bud, but what is the fucking incredible part?

Painfull

There was a mention of a strain called harlequin which is high in CBD's but low potency. Legions ultimate indica from other medical users swear by it for back pain. If you can get it in a medical MJ shop, if your state approved try these two strains

Good Luck,
Pain

sdd420

Veteran
Most strains can help but it is more important to let plant fully ripen with mostly amber trichomes imo

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
Legions ultimate indica from other medical users swear by it for back pain.

It is a decent strain but you'll build a tolerance to it rather quickly. So save your cash.
Most strong indicas will help but I'll be honest with you. Try to find SSSDH. Super Silver Sour Diesel Haze. For a sativa, it delivers more pain relieving properties per toke of anything I've ever used. You wouldn't think a sativa would do the job but it does it very well.

I have been working with this cannatonic #4 clone from a local guy. Very nice. Makes me value herb as a whole much more. It has a profound effect on the patient

I'm trying this northern lights x big bud from world of seeds that they claim has high cbd's. Supposedly old world cannabis cup winning genes. It's super frosty, we'll see how it comes out

guineapig

Veteran
Dr. Raphael Melchoulam's laboratory has lots of data confirming the anti-tumor properties
of cannabinoids. The research is done in Israel, and Israel has also done research on
cannabis therapy for post-traumatic-stress-disorder in soldiers.

The FDA will not release quantities of cannabis to US researchers, so you really must read
Journal Articles from countries other than the US. I really have never seen a complete
record of the research done by the University of Mississippi, but I have heard rumors that
70-80 distinct cannabinoid molecules have been isolated by this institution.

You can easily search for "anti-tumor properties of cannabis" and find the research from
Dr. Raphael Melchoulam's laboratory. He seems to be the leading researcher in this field.

:ying: kind regards from guineapig :ying:

leojoshrun

Back pain relief.

Back pain relief.

Hi friends, i am new here. I am so glad that these post here regarding back pain help me alot and i am looking forward more from you on arthritis.

Thanks
Leo