What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lemon Thai

torturekill

Gorgeous variety. Ive had the pleasure to grow a few lemon thais. I hybridized a lemon thai x Elites Lemon Larry ogk. Ive found some of my favorite plants in this hybrid. I will have to dig up some pics

tokinblackguy

I have a few of those from 9th as well, great guy he is. Also, don't hold me to this, but I've been back and forth with our good friend bodhi about the LT and from our last few chats, he is planning a "reboot" with the remaining beans he has. If I'm not mistaken, he said sometime this year but with all the other projects going, I can't say for sure, would be nice though.

On a side note, I see I'm not the only one that's pondering doing a Reef remake of Harmony. I think he used a landrace lemon thai though. DF LT may not be real LT but from the reports, I don't see anything wrong with subbing her in. My personal remake was/is gonna be (Alpine Seeds Lemon Larry or Biker V1 from Karma) x (DF f4/f5??LT by way of 9th or Bodhi f4). And then my remake of the remake would be (SMCG ibl x LT) x LL or BK. Just my thoughts though, all in my head.

Stash

Years ago on C-bay a new-be posted some Dutch flowers Lemon Thai seeds for auction. Most on CW laughted and made fun of him (how could a new-be get Dutch Flowers seeds that no one else had?). No one would buy these seeds, so myself and Katsu Bluebird took a chance and purchased almost all the seed pack for just $60 a pack. I grew some out and still have about 500 f2's in my seed stash. Very special strain, it's fast, good output, great high and potent as hell. One of the best strains your'll ever grow.
Dutch Flowers did not make this strain but picked it up in Hawaii. They did selective breeding but never crossed it and kept the lines pure Hawaiian.

Cannavore

Veteran
Years ago on C-bay a new-be posted some Dutch flowers Lemon Thai seeds for auction. Most on CW laughted and made fun of him (how could a new-be get Dutch Flowers seeds that no one else had?). No one would buy these seeds, so myself and Katsu Bluebird took a chance and purchased almost all the seed pack for just $60 a pack. I grew some out and still have about 500 f2's in my seed stash. Very special strain, it's fast, good output, great high and potent as hell. One of the best strains your'll ever grow.
Dutch Flowers did not make this strain but picked it up in Hawaii. They did selective breeding but never crossed it and kept the lines pure Hawaiian.

That's great info thanks for that Stash. You should let some of them loose on seedbay or something. I would go in for two packs. :tiphat:

I would also grab some from seedbay or from bodhi.
Hopefully the genetics come back one way or another I just love the tatse of lemons in my flowers.

Stash

Maybe it's a good idea sending old pure strain seeds to seedbay, I'll look into it but I'd hate to loose my seeds in the mail. Bodhi has the real deal, I sent them to him last year, I hear he's a top notch breeder. Later, Stash

tokinblackguy

Good news from those still interested! Bodhi just confirmed these are a definite go and in the works as we speak.

"reboot in progress....

been selecting from a bunch of plants...

the new release will be two selected males from 3 packs of seeds wed to my sativa cut, ink's indy cut, a heavy thai cut, and a giant fast specimen. trying to cover all the bases with the best plants possible...

a11g will be rereleased using different parents...

and a chocolate trip f2 is in the works aswell...

new genius thai, space mountain...etc...

a11g and lemon thai hybs".

Get your trigger fingers ready folks.

happyherb

no wuckin furries!
Veteran
Excellent....I remember this strain from years ago...and the pics Ive seen of late has rekindled my fondness...cant wait to get a pack!.HH. =]-~

tokinblackguy

Bit more info from bodhi:

the lemon thai project will be from a pool of my sat cut, inkognytos indy cut, a new selection from the f2's and two new selections from the f3's pollinated by the two best males from the latest dig through the f2's. trying to keep some diversity but have maximum expression of amazing plants...

a11gf4 will be from 4 packs of the f3's, 44 plants total, about half were thrown out pretty early on for being ficnicky in rich soil, theres about 8 or so left that were pollinated by the 2 best males. one of the packs was sprouted indoors earlier in the year, the rest were from this years outdoor... 3 of the best plants from the indoor pack were also pollinated. they will come out before the lemon thai. the first release will be the a11gf4 open pollination so everybody can get a chance to find their favorite expression of a11, and later on an a11gf4 select will come out using just my fav male and female.

some of the old hybrids will come back too...
genius thai, space mountain, etc....

neongreen

Veteran
Thanks for the updates tokin!

Any more news on the chocolate trip repro? I'm collecting pollen from a CT S1 at the moment that will be used to dust any CT F2s that make it over here :)

neongreen

Veteran
Was there ever reference online of Lemont Thai pre-CW/Dutch Flowers?

I don't think so since Lemon Thai was bread by DF during the time that CW was in existence as far as I know.

Edit: My recollection was totally off on that one... it was not bred by DF, just reproduced!

Cannavore

Veteran
There's a strain by Breeder's Choice called Puna Sativa that to me looks similar in appearance to some people's LT pics I've seen posted. Only downside is I hear ordering seeds direct from them isnt very reliable.

puna_sativa_2_5-16-12_6_.jpg