What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Maple Leaf Indica ?

corky1968

Veteran
I would be happy with a cat piss pheno. LOLZ

Sounds like a hell of a plant to have.

I wonder how rare these are as well as the syrup pheno ones.

mazar_man

Ones that fall somewhat in the "syrup" pheno range are fairly common, they are the ones that typically cure out to a distinctive dark brown colour, they seem to oxidize quicker than most strains or something. That said, I would say that the really good ones are fairly rare, I have only found two out of prob 150 seeds or so that tasted really maple syrupy plus the one pictured above that though it looks exactly like the best one I found, after a cure it smokes more fruity and not quite as heavy stone and also stays pretty green...very nice regardless. This one came out of f2 seeds from one of ones I would consider true maple syrup.

After growing this strain for over a decade now I gotta say many of the things that get said about it on here are total bs.. It does pop out a lot of very good specimens and most are def very indica but it is not particularly stable and despite popular belief many are extremely botrytis prone.

Tipunch

Yo, quite surprised by the flowering times of my 2 species.nothing close to being ready in 55 days. I have it running with Critical Kush, SSH, Ultra Sour, Durban Poison, Kali Mist and Destroyer. KM turned out as a male but all the other ones except Destroyer Will be chopped before MLI. I don't expect to cut MLI before Nov 5th!!!

Any similar experience ?