What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Boogie's Thread- Where there is smoke ...

h.h.

Veteran
My little daughter thinks he’s great (trump, I mean) she’s only just 7 and has communication difficulties
My wife can’t understand it, but I guess it’s because he’s loud and fun looking

She knows who he is.:deadxmas:

h.h.

Veteran
So I’m down in Pueblo Reservoir. Pulling the yak in from a day of fishing. I’m the only one on the beach. A nice looking black SUV pulls up. Respectable looking couple inside. We’re talking about fish and kayaks. They’re headed up to Denver to see his mom. Coming from Arizona.
He looks at me and says, “ you know who I am don’t you?”
I said “ I do.”
What I really meant was “I do?”

“Well, I’m the Bounty Hunter.”

“No bounties on me” I replied while quickly walking away.

I realized later who it was. I guess I met Dog.

That’s my fishing story.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
So I’m down in Pueblo Reservoir. Pulling the yak in from a day of fishing. I’m the only one on the beach. A nice looking black SUV pulls up. Respectable looking couple inside. We’re talking about fish and kayaks. They’re headed up to Denver to see his mom. Coming from Arizona.
He looks at me and says, “ you know who I am don’t you?”
I said “ I do.”
What I really meant was “I do?”

“Well, I’m the Bounty Hunter.”

“No bounties on me” I replied while quickly walking away.

I realized later who it was. I guess I met Dog.

That’s my fishing story.

We ate a bunch of acid while living in the east side of Pueblo. Then rode our bikes out to pueblo reservoir late at night with out dogs following. My wife an friends went swimming. I spent all night riding my bike on the rocks having fun until I got a flat. Then a buddy got a flat. And the acid wore off. Then the sun came up and we had to walk our dogs and bikes all the way home. What was fun all night became a full blown adventure by the time we finally made it home.

That was one of my pueblo reservoir and acid stories. I have many.

h.h.

Veteran
We ate a bunch of acid while living in the east side of Pueblo. Then rode our bikes out to pueblo reservoir late at night with out dogs following. My wife an friends went swimming. I spent all night riding my bike on the rocks having fun until I got a flat. Then a buddy got a flat. And the acid wore off. Then the sun came up and we had to walk our dogs and bikes all the way home. What was fun all night became a full blown adventure by the time we finally made it home.

That was one of my pueblo reservoir and acid stories. I have many.

Tahoe and the central coast of California playing hippie and thanking Owsley.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
my stomping grounds were where/what Pueblo reservoir now covers.
lived west of city park off of Goodnight.
spent alot of time in those river-bottoms.
walked out to Liberty Point once with my dog following the railroad tracks...probably not as far a walk as Taco talked about, but it was hot and i had taken no water. i was parched and tired of walking so i got the bright idea of floating the river back home.
got a large tree branch to cling to and coaxed Sam (the dog) to swim alongside.
was working well until there was a sharp bend in the river and my branch was swung into a logjam. i needed a new floaty and started looking for a suitable size from the pileup when i heard Sam going absolutely ballistic.
he was on the other side of some brush so i couldn't see what he was on about, but it didn't sound good. i pushed through the bushes and emerged in a cornfield the prison honor farm used...there was Sam and a gaggle of huge feral hogs just feet away.
Sam barking and nipping at one and it popping its fangs and grunting menacingly, the rest of them running to and fro trying to flank us, Sam saved my bacon that day by keeping those hungry hogs occupied while i did the disappearing act.

i broke records for exiting stage left and climbed the logjam screaming for Sam to come.
he obeyed and made it up part way and we sat there for a good half hour till i stopped shaking.

the hogs couldn't or wouldn't climb after us and eventually wandered off. i loosened a nice log that would carry my weight and we got back to floating home.
this is one of my most precious memories of Sam.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Another time 4 of us took a canoe from the reservoir back into pueblo. No acid. Cases of cheap beer and probably a bottle. About halfway we came across an old pylon with a bit of river going one way and most of the river going the other way. Half of the canoe had the bright idea to go the wrong way. Ended up tipping the canoe on the pylon. Me and one buddy made it to shore easily and another friend saved my wife because the straps for trying to the canoe ended up tied around her feet. An onlooker from the shore dove in to save my coat that looked like a body floating. And you should have seen her face when I was happy to see my ounce of mexican brick weed was still dry. Took us a few hours and the help of some kayakers to get the canoe. It was stuck upside down under some brush in a decent current.

What did we learn from this. And ounce of mexican weed with a little arkansas river water on it and left out over night fluffed those buds up nicer than I ever seen anyone steam a brick. Even the guy I got it from was amazed.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My little daughter thinks he’s great (trump, I mean) she’s only just 7 and has communication difficulties
My wife can’t understand it, but I guess it’s because he’s loud and fun looking

Better let Trump know. She might get the Medal of Freedom.

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
my stomping grounds were where/what Pueblo reservoir now covers.
lived west of city park off of Goodnight.
spent alot of time in those river-bottoms.
walked out to Liberty Point once with my dog following the railroad tracks...probably not as far a walk as Taco talked about, but it was hot and i had taken no water. i was parched and tired of walking so i got the bright idea of floating the river back home.
got a large tree branch to cling to and coaxed Sam (the dog) to swim alongside.
was working well until there was a sharp bend in the river and my branch was swung into a logjam. i needed a new floaty and started looking for a suitable size from the pileup when i heard Sam going absolutely ballistic.
he was on the other side of some brush so i couldn't see what he was on about, but it didn't sound good. i pushed through the bushes and emerged in a cornfield the prison honor farm used...there was Sam and a gaggle of huge feral hogs just feet away.
Sam barking and nipping at one and it popping its fangs and grunting menacingly, the rest of them running to and fro trying to flank us, Sam saved my bacon that day by keeping those hungry hogs occupied while i did the disappearing act.

i broke records for exiting stage left and climbed the logjam screaming for Sam to come.
he obeyed and made it up part way and we sat there for a good half hour till i stopped shaking.

the hogs couldn't or wouldn't climb after us and eventually wandered off. i loosened a nice log that would carry my weight and we got back to floating home.
this is one of my most precious memories of Sam.

Awesome.......memories are the best pictures.

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Another time 4 of us took a canoe from the reservoir back into pueblo. No acid. Cases of cheap beer and probably a bottle. About halfway we came across an old pylon with a bit of river going one way and most of the river going the other way. Half of the canoe had the bright idea to go the wrong way. Ended up tipping the canoe on the pylon. Me and one buddy made it to shore easily and another friend saved my wife because the straps for trying to the canoe ended up tied around her feet. An onlooker from the shore dove in to save my coat that looked like a body floating. And you should have seen her face when I was happy to see my ounce of mexican brick weed was still dry. Took us a few hours and the help of some kayakers to get the canoe. It was stuck upside down under some brush in a decent current.

What did we learn from this. And ounce of mexican weed with a little arkansas river water on it and left out over night fluffed those buds up nicer than I ever seen anyone steam a brick. Even the guy I got it from was amazed.

Natty ice ?

And do you have a receipt? :bigeye:

JKD

Veteran
This thread has been a pleasant surprise.

Hope you’re all keeping well.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Natty ice ?

And do you have a receipt? :bigeye:

Probably miller high life considering the particular friends we were with. I generally mostly stick to stouts, porters and occasionally some mead. Except for the occasion where it's better to drink a bunch of clear beer in the sun. Those dark ones don't keep you hydrated enough to drink very many.

I really don't miss drinking. Inferior way to alter your mind if there ever was one.

Latest posts

Latest posts