What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Khalifa Genetics strains

yoss33

Veteran
The 3 Kullu plants had a late but fast switching to flowering mode, not like the true tropical sativas that spend more than a month in semi-veg / semi-flowering transition. They are slowly flowering now.
The fastest one, that has more fruity smell:
picture.php

picture.php

The second one, that has a more "metalic" smell:
picture.php

The third one, that started the latest and still has very small trichomes and doesn't smell:
picture.php

Aladdin.Khalifa

Hello @yesum!

The Cambodian won't be for sale as a landrace because when we collected the seeds in the Ratanakiri province, we didn't bring back enough seeds to preserve the genetic diversity.

Instead we have been stabilizing a line for over 2 years (Creating an IBL), in order to create some extremely unique hybrids. :)

Hi @yoss33, Your Kullu plants are stunning. May I use one of these pictures for our website? We usually grow these crazy Sativas indoors and it'd be nice to show what they look like outdoors.

Best,

Al

yoss33

Veteran
Sure, you are welcome! :)
If you want, I can send you the original photos (without ICmag compression to 117kb) in a message to Khalifa Genetics' facebook page for example?

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
i'd be interested in learning about your various cambodian hybrids and could you describe the effect of the pure cambodian?

yoss33

Veteran
@Aladin, mail is sent. I don't really care about receiving any credit, I don't see what for, all I did was grow a bunch of small plants to test how they grow here, heh.
They are doing well and handled the slight frosts a week ago without any problem. I expected this from a strain that is growing at 3000m altitude. Kullu valley is really warmer that here, but still I see on weather sites current morning temperatures of 5*C, so no problem to drop a couple more degrees and have at least light morning frosts.
I couldn't test how they handle wet weather, because it was a relatively dry season, last time I watered was less than 3 weeks ago. We've had some rains since then, but nothing serious. The fogs dissipate quickly in the mornings.

picture.php

I'll chop #3 soon:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Aladdin.Khalifa

Hey there @nepalnt21, yes! I will definitely keep you guys posted. I am not sure the strain we are working with is 100% pure since it was collected in 2016 (There's no way to know for certain). But it looks like an old school Sativa, that's for sure.
The effect is a powerful soaring high that kicks in after just about a minute.
It is mostly cerebral and slightly trippy.
Not sure how to add images on here but I'd love to show you guys some pics :)

Hello @yoss33. Thank you for the pics, they're great!
Wow, 5C is pretty cold! I noticed that some phenos turn slightly purple towards the end. Have you seen that also?
That's great. Many growers also told us that it was very mold-resistant. Indeed the Kullu Valley is a pretty humid place.

Merry Christmas and happy holydays to you all ;-)

Al,

vinrusso

I've been periodically looking at your site and Ace to see if the Cambo hybrid seeds are out yet. Looks pretty promising.

rindindoo

Hello! I hasten to share the good news! today I found a parcel from Khalifa Genetics under the Christmas tree - Aladdin's lamp with Beldia Morocco & Chellacutti seeds, I stroked it and 4 Mikado reg seeds, a baseball cap and a lighter felt out of it.
Thanks to Al and the Khalifa Genetics team for the high standards!
I wish you success and prosperity in the coming new year!

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran

kro-magnon

Veteran
A friend gave me some Aladin's Skunk, I have 4 plants in grow now, they are just seedlings still. Someone has any experiences with this strain?

Slim Pickens

Veteran
Can anyone tell me what the average height of the Beldia is outdoors? About the size of Lebanese? Anyone grow it indoors yet? Odor light, medium or stronger? Thanks.

teide

Veteran
I'd love to hear a smoke report on the high!!

My Khalifa Cambodian was all in the head. Pure cerebral, bordering on trippy. Very nice high, it seems to have no ceiling, but it gets too strong for me if I keep going, so I haven't pushed it.
I still have a handful of seeds left. I need to preserve this one. Very happy with the effect, even though it doesn't quite look as NLD as I would expect from a pure SEA.