What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Oaxaca 79

grandsrin

Hi ace boy ´ s
I was looking in my seed box for next years outdoor run . I ve got a lot mextiza f2
And i want to make f3 seeds .

But i Will be really happy to run some s1 oaxaca 79, dubi i dont think it s in your 2017 work, but i think i m not the only only one to dream about it.
Or what about a mextiza Bx to oaxaca 79. It could be great.

Happy new year GS

Dr.King

Veteran
Am hoping this is the year the pure Oaxacan 79 arrives.

Unfortunately it will probably be 2018 if CBG does actually release some Oaxacan 79/Oaxacan hybrids. Ace is not currently planning to work on Oaxacan this is CBG's project(s). They have released Purple Mexican but it's a little harder too keep in regular contact with Charlie as he doesn't post anymore.

RoostaPhish

Veteran
Those first pics are making me miss my Musky River, (OaxacaX O.Haze)X Pure paki. I can see the oaxaca in it.

B

BAKED_BEANZ

^^^ yeah , he dam near made me pull the trigger ^^^ i ordered 300 worth of live predators instead . i got way too much going on to add another strain :/

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi reallyiCarus,

I would recommend you to email Cannabiogen to know more details about the breeding of their Purple Mexican strain as it was bred by them and they should be able to provide you more info about the strain than us.

Kind regards, dubi

i just ordered some as well, super excited!
does anyone know how that cross was made?
was it oaxaca79 female x pck male and then a selected
f1 female was pollinated with itself...
or was this oaxaca79 female x pck reversed pollen...
or even pck female x oaxaca79 reversed pollen?
just curious, i will gladly take it any way they will offer it :)

[/SIZE][/FONT]

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Unfortunately it will probably be 2018 if CBG does actually release some Oaxacan 79/Oaxacan hybrids. Ace is not currently planning to work on Oaxacan this is CBG's project(s). They have released Purple Mexican but it's a little harder too keep in regular contact with Charlie as he doesn't post anymore.

Hi Dr King,

I still keep my 4 favourite Oaxaca 79 females (8,16, 23 and 24) but i have no plans to breed with her commercially, i just grow her for my own pleasure as it's an amazing sativa, and i also share clones with my close circle .... i'm also doing some oaxacan crosses, but for personal use, not for commercial release.

Cannabiogen is the company commercially working with Oaxaca 79.

Kind regards

Dog Star

Veteran
Then please ask Charlie that he sets Oaxacan 79 in Cannabiogen shop and we buy it...??

its a pity that only close circle of friends have a chance to enjoy the legend..
and i belive Charlie will listen more better you as his friend than me..

thats why i ask,practicaly begging you to settle us with Oaxacan 79,pretty please .. :)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Dog Star,

Charlie already knows that many people is interested in the pure Oaxacan 79, but the decision to release it or not is still up to him.

420empire

Veteran
Yes we are many as dubi and Charlie already knows, who would love to carry on with spreading the good vibes of Oax. Let the new revolution begin with this beauty, like it did in the 1960´es

Love to all

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
I think the biggest drawback in Oaxacan 79' is yield. At least some Oaxacan dom phenotypes in Mextiza do not even grow any real buds, I might have been unlucky though.

meizzwang

Trouble with releasing the original line to the general public is that those who are inexperienced may give Ace bad feedback and claim this is a crappy strain, since some of the most valuable genetics in existence don't conform to the public's general demands. It may also compete with a similar, more grower friendly product that they may have in their catalogue. Lastly, unworked landrace strains are typically a wild-card and you can't expect uniform results.

FireIn.TheSky

I don't think the joe averge kush grower is seeking out oaxaca.

I think if you are at the point you want to buy a long flowering sativa you pretty much know what you're getting in to.

I know charlie Garcia does not like to release a crappy product so he will in breed it until he's happy with it that's when you might see it released to the public.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I think the biggest drawback in Oaxacan 79' is yield. At least some Oaxacan dom phenotypes in Mextiza do not even grow any real buds, I might have been unlucky though.

Hi Thule,

That's true, Oaxaca 79 line is overall not a great producer, but you must take in count that it was reproduced by selfing (S1). High inbreeding (like S1 reproductions) usually fix lots of traits although it produces offspring with lesser yield.

The most interesting traits of the Oaxaca 79 line are its excellent terpene profile (one of the best and most complex we have found in a landrace line), its effects and potency.

Good yields can easily achieved by outcrossing the inbred line with other non related high yielding strains due the recovering of the hybrid vigor.

Last edited:

48N

Do you think the verde limon would be a good an most importantly fitting father? And then maybe backcross?

Hopefully we get to try the oaxaca79 in some authentic form