What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

200+ plants, cops said they would be back in hour with warrant, what to do?

if i was growing in a non-med state i would have taken previous precautions to put the rented house in someone elses name, preferably a fake ID tracked to some mexican or chinese family....illegal immigrant families do it all the time...

so......i would just leave. go on a vacation for the weekend and see what happens.

but if i was in med-state...i would just chop all plants to keep it below 99. i would call my friend and sneak any dried material out the back entrance (not visible from street) and hike them through my neighbors backyards to a waiting car a block away.

then i would just stay put and act as normal...and call their bluff.

ive had that self induced panic before...it usually involved doing checks of the street before leaving with any "hot" stuff. so i would load up the car with all the illegal shit i wanted gone, do a quick check of the undercarriage to make sure no GPS units, then walk my dog around the neighborhood to look for undercover cops. then i would smash out real quick to the storage unit and pray to god they dont get me on the way there....

still a real sketchy situation....i think the best would just be to leave the area as quick as possible..fuck the grow and everything with it. dissapear like a ghost..they hit the house and find a bunch of grow equipment and plants but everything else is dead-end....

Yah`mon

I found this to be interesting info. (some prolly know all this.)

My buddy is an ex-cop (hes been gone from the police longer now then he worked for them)

Anyways... I was asking him about a Knock and Talk.
He was saying yea... basically how they did it was... if they got a tip.. or had been following someone for a bit, they would send a cop up to knock, if they see you inside, and you don't answer... they can come in on a welfare check... (to make sure your ok) (trust me this can happen I got a DUI from a welfare check)
anyways.. also if they can see anything suspicious... IE scale... paper... ANYTHING... it can get them a warrant. If you open the door... they will make up a way to gain entry.

So if your getting a knock and talk... either A) hide and don't let them see you or movement.
B) talk to them through the closed door.. not a see through one either.. and you can say I'm fine... go away.. if they persist.. say do you have a warrant.. if not go away.

And a good thing to add... he was a cop way before Michigan had legal medical.. so he has no idea on that.

Yah`mon

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Apparently the recent, large mj bust in NY state rolled w/o a warrant. DEA was camped outside a privacy fence when growers attempted to exit. DEA approached the growers and reported smelling strong mj odor coming from their clothing. DEA asked to enter the home and the growers allowed.

Then the growers rolled on their whole operation. Less the strong mj odor these growers might have seen a different outcome. According to the article, DEA knew of the high power bills (and subsequently discovered at-least two power thefts.) High power consumption hadn't yet secured a warrant.

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
What to do

What to do

anyone remember that one dude that had a warehouse a few years ago and had to dispose of hundreds of plants in a few days cause they got a knock and talk from the cops about some weird building violation. i remember many woodchipper and compost and ryder truck ideas. this thread seems like deja vu to me.

I remember that well, wasn't that a currently active member? Although maybe I'm getting mixed up. They were suggesting everything from acid baths to hired trucks.

But what to do? I'm not sure what I'd do, maybe get a 'handful' of girls around and get a 24 pk?

it wasn't em/yamaha........ em's crew got busted by a snitch neighbor in a very very small town. Their comemrcial building wasn't located in an industrial park. But it wasn't in a straight up residential area either. Cops knocked on their building, that they owned. Cop showed up because of noise complaints from the snitch supposedly (most likely a bullshit excuse). Cop heard them in the building but got quiet when the cop knocked and nobody went to the door. Cop then looked up the info of the owner of building, what it was used for, utility records, background check which showed past felonies. Em didn't own the building, one of his crew did.

Cops ended up getting warrants along with DEA. em and crew tried to save the plants; took plants to 2-3 dif rental homes after the cop knocked on warehouse door, but a week or three later they got warrants on the rental properties also. over 2,000 sog type plants were confiscated along with 10 pounds and a bit of cash.

One out of 4 crew members got away. I don't believe em has been caught since the bust.

Supposedly the neighbor had been video taping them also.

here is a link on google maps to the road which the building was on: http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&c...code_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CBUQ8gEwAA

on a road with a damn golf course. I bet all the country club fucks were discussing 'what is that building being used for' and of course nobody knew until the attempted knock and talk. From the mugshots of the crew, they didn't look like they belonged in that area to begin with. Just sayin.........

respect to EM though, good guy in my book. just got impatient and worked/pressured by partners.

I found this to be interesting info. (some prolly know all this.)

My buddy is an ex-cop (hes been gone from the police longer now then he worked for them)

Anyways... I was asking him about a Knock and Talk.
He was saying yea... basically how they did it was... if they got a tip.. or had been following someone for a bit, they would send a cop up to knock, if they see you inside, and you don't answer... they can come in on a welfare check... (to make sure your ok) (trust me this can happen I got a DUI from a welfare check)
anyways.. also if they can see anything suspicious... IE scale... paper... ANYTHING... it can get them a warrant. If you open the door... they will make up a way to gain entry.

So if your getting a knock and talk... either A) hide and don't let them see you or movement.
B) talk to them through the closed door.. not a see through one either.. and you can say I'm fine... go away.. if they persist.. say do you have a warrant.. if not go away.

And a good thing to add... he was a cop way before Michigan had legal medical.. so he has no idea on that.

Yah`mon

But can't they do a welfare check even if you aren't home?

Cut all the plants at the base. Dump all the soil on the ground and mix it up. Take all the plants and cut them into as many pieces as possible. At least this way they can't tell you had 200 plants. Then start flushing plant matter

good freakin idea right there, might give you some leverage in court

OjoRojo420

Feeling good is good enough.
Veteran
Burn the whole ma'fuka down!

Now, seriously, maybe some hi power blenders and start flushing green shakes down the toilet.

Ojo

Aeroguerilla

I’m God’s solider, devil’s apostle
Veteran
fourwheeler in woods for fast getaway... "Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in thirty seconds flat, if you feel the heat around the corner."

L

LadyCropSitter

I would get online to see what everyone else would do. Hopefully that doesn't take the whole hour.

Rednick

One day you will have to answer to the children of
Veteran
"Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in thirty seconds flat, if you feel the heat around the corner."
Actor: Robert DeNiro
Film: Heat

Synopsis: Best movie ever (well, one of).
:blowbubbles:

P.S. How about the 'headshot' by Pacino? Show stopper.
I like how he has to re-shoulder the rifle, just didn't feel right the first time.

Lone Wolf

Veteran
fourwheeler in woods for fast getaway... "Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in thirty seconds flat, if you feel the heat around the corner."

if i had woods, id do it..

also... if every piece of my existance didnt lie within la casa then i wouldn't mind walking out either....

but trust me, i am planning on re-locating in the very near distant future...

ive always kept my thoughts of getting busted away from my wife, but we had a conversation a couple days ago and now it is seeming like she is through with me... she thinks i keep her unsafe... little does she now, i keep us supersafe as possbble...... or atleastI think so... she seems to think i do not care about getting arrested ....

women make shit hard... if i was growing on my own, and didn't have anyone who knew, i would feel much better...

anyways on another lighter note, i went and purchased a self contained fire extinguisher that pops off in any temps go over 155... its called a flame defender... go look it up... this gives me peace of mind for getting away incase a fire were to break out...

now i am worried about a large and super long tree that hangs over our house... the damn thing ever fell it would smash a hole right in my attic and provide my neighbors with a nice marijuana grow show...

!PeAcE!

I hope you had a 25kw grow.

I was able to get 99 3-4 foot plants into a suburban and on the road within an hour. And the only way to get to the room was through a trap door and climbing down a ladder. Then had to take it through 2 rooms and into the garage and into the SUV. Granted I left all the equip there but the main goal is obviously to get all traces of plant matter out.

Man that day sucked.

Talk about a car freshner! Hahahaha

don't know if it will work, but, i do have a hidden space in my walk-in closet where the hot water tank is that i totally remodeled (for the wifey,added in a trick wall 4 myself)...it could hold probably 100 cut plants just thrown in there...the snaffoo, weed sniffing dogs might give it away..
other than that, my other plan is to cut plants head to the basement and come out the other side of my house (over run by trees,weeds and berrries)..they would need a cop at every angle to see everything here..
I just have to say, stay safe all of you and me too..sending postive vibes...NOW..feel it..
it's stupid we have to hide over weed..friggin' ridiculous, alcohol/cigs are way worse..

budjones11

maybe chop down all the plants, put all remains in some huge rubbermaid storage bins, throw in a ton of lye, put the lid on, and shove them in my basement. ... if he doenst have a search warrant or prob cause... i would say that warrant isnt coming anytime soon.