What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Rhino D - White Rhino x C4DD - Info and grow-along.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi all, This is the North London White Rhino cut crossed with C4DD
[[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]C4DD is a cross between the Chemdog D clone and rez's C4D (which is Chem 4 x Chem D IBL)][/FONT]
The WR has crossed really well with the bubba, and i hope this cross will be as successful

As for my setup, i will flower 2 of these un-topped among a group of 9 plants in a 2x2ft cab under a 140watt LED. Organic soil. 5 litre pots

picture.php

picture.php

VG

Last edited:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i use organic soil, i mix it myself and recycle it. based on peat, perlite and compost.
I find with the newer LEDs that, due to their power they drive photosynthesis very hard - and in veg the plants will show deficiency as soon as the roots fill the pot (before becoming actually rootbound) . These were all looking very hungry before i up-potted them !

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks ojd, i've got high hopes for this cross too... although i was South of the river when i used to live in London, hope that's not bad karma for the NLWR :D

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi all, here are some pics of the WR x C4DD cross, at 2-3 weeks. I kept two girls.
No 1
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

and no. 2
This plant is very 'sturdy'

picture.php

picture.php

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi mate thanks for stopping by! - yes they were starting to frost up quite early.

I'll report back on the smells... kids back at school tomorrow so i'll get time to have a proper look at the plants !

VG

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Beautiful, VG!

I found rather heavy frost early on with the C4DD, if I recall correctly more so than WR x Pre-98, which was frosty too, but I don't think the onset was as early (and maybe not even as heavy in the end).

Man, I imagine the WR x C4DD combo will kick out some plants that are true frost machines. :headbange

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
:lurk:

Would you say those plants lean more towards the WR. Especially with the lack of smell early in flower. Usually Chem crosses smell fairly strong early on whenever I've grown one.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thats a good thought tleaf... most chemmy stuff smells chemmy in veg and early flower..
i would say that at least one of the two WR x C4DD doesn't smell chemmy so hopefully you are right and it leans towards the rhino.
i think i only got a proper whiff of one of them so couldn't be sure about the other

I'll be throwing up new pics later this week..

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
HI there folks, got some new pics.
we are at 4-5 weeks, still frosting up rather well and early:

picture.php

picture.php

and the other one, different pheno, sorry about the glare !
picture.php
picture.php

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Been sniffing these this morning and they are both getting the 'parmisan cheese' funk that the WR gets.. one has a hint of leather in it too. the funk is building !

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi there folks, we are at 8 weeks and the plants are starting to ripen. I'll start to check trics later this week....

This plant smells like a combination of the two parents: cheesy chemmy skunky.
picture.php

picture.php

and the second plant is leaning towards the Rhino, and is especially cheesy/parmisan.
picture.php

picture.php

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi all. i harvested these WR x C4DD today at a shade under 9 weeks approx.. very pleased with the frostiness and calyx swell, with one plant leaning towards the WR with cheesy skunky terps.. and the other a combination of the two profiles, perhaps leaning towards chem funk. Both smell very strongly.

One plant, this is the more chemmy one.
picture.php

picture.php

frosty side nug
picture.php