What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

High Blood Pressure

theclearspot

Hi, I recently collapsed and went into hospital with high blood pressure. My blood pressure is now regulated with tablets so its back in normal range (101/73). Before this incident I was used to having a few beers every night and a few pipe fulls of smoke. Im now about 2 weeks without either and life seems pretty depressing. Im thinking quitting the alcohol altogether and just smoking on friday and saturday evenings. Anyone have any similar experiences or thoughts on this much appreciated....:tiphat:

Andyo

Veteran
62 yrs old

62 yrs old

Im 62 yrs old 5 yrs ago i caught dengue fever.
no hospital i rode it out myself
I was quite debilitated ,bleeding ect
certainly some brain damage from swelling/or a small bleed maybe,
As i got better i noticed i felt unwell if i walked a mile ,and had to rest
prior to all this id been going gym and i dont drink alcahol.
I eventually went to hospital i asked for diabetes check .
That turned out fine but my blood pressure was way up.
Doc gave me 5mg Amlopine tablets
BP went down to 120/68

I started concentrating on healthy diet,
just smoke 2 joints before bed
after 2 weeks i noticed walking was fine
i built it up a month later i went back to the gym weight training felt stiff n old but stuck at it .After 1 month in the gym i started cutting tablets in half.
I can get free BP check at the pharmacy on way back from the gym.
After another 3 mnths i stopped the tablets .

3 and a half years down the road ,i do 5 days gym 5 miles sand daily walking 30 mins swim daily in the pool. Weekends just walk n swim
I checked blood pressure 1 yr ago 5 miniutes after gym 128/68
my last check 5 mins after gym was 125/68, resting BP 120/68
looking back to the dengue i was about 10 kg overweight 97kg
now im 6ft and 87 kg not a stitch of fat on me.

my brain function is still not 100% i get vowels mixed up and completley forget words.
memory gaps.ect.A

Diet ,exercise no alcahol,cut down weed, id say smoke just before bed .A

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Smoke more cannabis, and increase the amount of CBD you use. It's medicinal and helps regulate blood pressure. Personally, I'd start using CBD edibles (with my smoke) 3 times a day.

theclearspot

Thanks guys for the input, I was thinking maybe getting a vaporiser (I was smoking a small pipe) or just doing edibles (although Im not very good at making them) would they be healthier options?

Sarcclash

Cut 'n paste from another thread

Cut 'n paste from another thread

I have hbp too. Here's what I posted on another thread:
"ANY type of smoke you inhale is gonna have plenty of the real killer in it: carbon monoxide(CO).
Carbon monoxide is formed as a by-product of incomplete combustion of any carbon bearing material. If combustion were complete, there would be no smoke, which means no high.
You're probably thinking "Dude, small hits on a glass pipe ain't enough to kill"- not immediately no, but CO has an affinity with the hemoglobin in your blood 200X stronger than oxygen (O2). And it can tie up that hemoglobin for up to 12 hours, which is plenty of time for it to do real damage to your body.
The damage CO does to your body is mechanical.
Once the hemoglobin in your red blood cells attaches to CO, the red blood cell shrinks and becomes hard, hard enough to damage the inside walls of your arteries as it is pumped through. Unfortunately our bodies response to this is to to fix the damage... with cholesterol!
Any one who smokes regularly has arterial plaque, guaranteed. And arterial plaque is the cause of heart attacks, strokes and other forms of blood clots.

My story: I quit cigarettes and all tobacco in the early 1980's. Ran 10k's, hiked for weeks in the wilderness, exercised regularly and I eat healthy. About 4 years ago I reconnected with the noble weed the same way I left it, water bongs. Bigtime. Last summer I was flush with pot, smoked every chance I got. This fall I underwent cardiac catheterization that saved my life as my widowmaker was almost totally occluded.

Sure I probably had damage from before but I know smoking weed these last few years nearly did me in.
Now I vape and yes, it's not the same high as from a bong but I suspect some of that high was from O2 deprivation caused by CO.
A bonus I get from vaping is that vaping (at least mine) doesn't extract all the thc.
The vaped bud has been decarboxylized perfectly and I can sprinkle it on food, yogurt you name it for a double high.
If I were you I'd reconsider smoking anything. "

Sorry about the knowitallness of my post but smoking nearly killed me.
Raw garlic and chia seeds to clean things up on the inside, low intensity cardio and fresh air for the outside.
Another way I choose is edibles, the vaped bud goes good with yogurt, pretty much anything. I used to cook trim and larf with coconut oil and make candy and brownies but I suspect coconut oil ain't as healthy for you as is being touted.
My next adventure will be green dragon style tincture, alcohol based sure, but a few drops under the tongue isn't like drinking a six pack.
Good luck bro. btw I'm 62.

Douglas.Curtis

Most cannabis is loaded with contaminates. This is why low quality cannabis has the same ashtray smell as tobac.

Completely combust or vape your clean cannabis. ;)

doams

Most cannabis is loaded with contaminates. This is why low quality cannabis has the same ashtray smell as tobac.

Completely combust or vape your clean cannabis. ;)

I am eating vaped stuff right off the vape chamber every other day
and also that accumulated black crystalized stuff off the vape mouthpiece its black crystals and sticky resinous and already decarbed not much taste but the effect is good :D

Maple_Flail

Interesting Antidote i do recall reading and wish I could remember the title of the medical paper it was mentioned in.

There has been some coincidental discovery of effects in some unrelated studies that were surprising enough they made note of it in those papers. That being said there seems to be a bit of correlation to the position of your body when you are smoking (meaning standing sitting or reclining) while sitting and reclining there was an uptick in blood pressure swings (meaning sharply rising then sharply falling in a short period) that is not as frequent as those who consumed while standing. as that characteristic sharp rise was not present before the lowered blood pressure, they noted it appeared to also mitigate the amount of blood pressure lost, but also conceded that more stuff on that specific effect would be needed to get a better idea.

TL:DR of it was basically, they found a correlation between standing sitting and reclining with blood pressure shifts and they want to look into why they witness what they witness, but realistically speaking that's not likely on the top of the list of things to study at the moment.

Andyo

Veteran
I WALK BAREFOOT

I WALK BAREFOOT

Try Grounding. It's supposed to naturally lower blood pressure. Walking barefoot, grounding sheets and braclets for indoors. I'm grounded most of the day and feel great. I'm grounded right now. Check out the link. Lots of people getting into it. It's like the missing link imo.

https://www.drsinatra.com/lower-your-high-blood-pressure-with-grounding

https://www.earthinginstitute.net/the-blood-pressure-connection/

Everyday bare foot on the beach ,its quartz sand .A

Rehho

As far as I know, marijuana lowers blood pressure in the long term. I'm not an expert in this field, but I read this http://www.ncsm.nl/english/marijuana-blood-pressure-hypertension article, here it's described in detail how smoking marijuana affects blood pressure. Perhaps you will be interested in this information. I know that different ways of using marijuana affect human health differently. Perhaps smoking marijuana with tobacco or eating food with marijuana will not increase your blood pressure. It's also possible to stop smoking marijuana for a while or to smoke it with special pills.

Douglas.Curtis

That brings up a good point...

Anyone on high blood prressure meds, who starts using cannabis regularly, should pay close attention to their pressure throughout each day.

When the effects of cannabis, especially high CBD cannabis, begin lowering their blood pressure the risk of a low blood pressure stroke is elevated. They will most likely need to cut back on the amount of bp meds they're eating. Watch for lethargy as a sign to double check pressure readings.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Cut out caffeine and reduce your salt intake. Made a hell of a difference to mine.

G

Gr33nSanta

We all have such different lifestyle, you have to take anyone s advice with a grain of salt. Diet is such a tough subject.

I like intermittent fasting, I like all the science behind it and it really helps with inflammation for me, but as far as what to eat when you do eat, tough call.

I believe nearly all diseases and health issues could be solved with diet alone. The problem is no one seems to know what eating well really is, vegan? keto? .... one thing though is no research ditch intermittent fasting, seems to be healthy without controversy. I did about 18-20 hours a day for almost a year and a half now.

Douglas.Curtis

I believe nearly all diseases and health issues could be solved with diet alone. The problem is no one seems to know what eating well really is, vegan? keto?
Truth for sure.

My wife and I have been researching the blood type method of choosing foods. When we pay attention to our parent's blood types, current body pH and adulterants in the foods we choose it has worked with all blood types. I **Know** proper food choices will make a huge difference in high blood pressure situations.

The hospitals are full of people dying from improper food choices. Life is too short to spend it not properly digesting the foods you're eating. Those who say life isn't worth living without their fave foods, have never really lived with racing gas in their tank. No frame of reference to compare the difference.
:tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts