What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

AZ MMJ employees, what's it pay?

Zero Hedge

Veteran
I have a friend working at a local dispensary (Tucson) - on the grow side - and she's making $11.00 an hour (started at $10). She mixes nutes and waters, sprays insecticide, and otherwise manages twelve different flower rooms as well as tends to mothers. She also works on harvests (trimming) and curing (she's part of a crew that does all this).

I was surprised at her pay, and was wondering if this is pretty much standard for Arizona.

She also said that budtenders start at about $10 an hour, but also get tips.

I'm looking for feedback as to what people in dispensaries make, that aren't the lawyers and board members, etc.

Thank you.

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
That's robbery. Anyone with any knowledge of how to grow should not allow themselves to be exploited so. I love how the growers do ZERO, while 11$ an hour people do the physical work.. SAD

Yes that's standard. My friend who grew weight used to pay 150 a lb plus finger hash to trimmers. They are paying 8 an hour in AZ, and you've got a bottle of moldicide in one hand the whole time from what I can tell. The trimmers have to wear masks for all the mold.

I would never work with a dispensary in this state. 90% of the weed is tainted by grow products. (very easy to tell when there is no aroma or flavor BUT that of grow products)

budbasket

B.S. degree in horticulture here, applied with a high profile group in Denver. They offered $12/hour. I politely turned them down.

Shitty pay, no insurance, no matching 401k, and no paid leave. It's kind of hard to watch the news talk about all of the iobs created in this industry, when the majority of workers would be better off at Mcdonalds.

This was a couple of years ago, so maybe things have changed, but I doubt it. And at the end of the day you're still commiting felonies and every single gram of what you produce is recorded.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
B.S. degree in horticulture here, applied with a high profile group in Denver. They offered $12/hour. I politely turned them down.

Shitty pay, no insurance, no matching 401k, and no paid leave. It's kind of hard to watch the news talk about all of the iobs created in this industry, when the majority of workers would be better off at Mcdonalds.

This was a couple of years ago, so maybe things have changed, but I doubt it. And at the end of the day you're still commiting felonies and every single gram of what you produce is recorded.

welcome to the "legal" end of the weed business, that is straight up rip-off
/"...say hello to the new boss same as the old boss."

paper thorn

Veteran
It's been that way since Medical started. I was so excited, finally to legally do what i do. I sent resumes, got some interviews. by the third interview I realized that the sure way to NOT get hired is to be a grower.
"no thanks, we hired a bigtime pro outfit from Canada that is bringing all their own peeps in...

Latest posts

Latest posts