What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

USA Outdoor Grow Security

Easy7

Veteran
I have family in Texas. About to get a hurricane.

Stay indoors. Build a hidden room. Get a small set up and something that can dial down for veg. Get someone else to receive gear orders. That or order more than enough, backup and surplus of everything and wait a year to grow. Don't order $10,000 of stuff then run a grow right away.

A greenhouse with carbon scrubbing exhaust. Something makeshift will work. Take a loss in yield and density for security. Do not show off meds or brag. If it's not for reputation, take a loss in bag appeal.

Don't let any chance of someone getting curious.

Easy7

Veteran
4 to 30 years is what you are looking at.

Texas hash laws are no easy thing. Growing is also an absurd sentence.

Something tells me judges don't give minimums in Texas.

There is a point I am at, that I realize growing small is not possible anymore. And the sentence for the yield worth it gets a lot of time.

Losing the house and car getting out of prison after who knows how long, ya got nothing.

Make effort to move. That or suffer like most Americans and wait.

I have spots I could grow, but everyone is a snitch. Ya they might smoke or whatever but that is far from secure.

redlaser

Veteran
Security is job #1, without it you have nothing or worse. Even if people have never snitched in the past, you'd be surprised how few have the spine to take the fall for their own problems.

Even if it's just a few grams or an ounce that they get pulled over with, many will "trade up" or "work" with Leo to get out of any charge. Then you have the babies that say "I'll lose my job" with a conviction.

Then you have people in real serious trouble that would do anything to stay out of jail, even if it's temporary.

Then you have people that just like to run their yap to sound like they know something. And if the subject is weed, guess what will come out of their mouth?
And if they are impressed with the quality of the weed you have, the problem is magnified 5-10 fold.

brown_thumb

^^^ RE all the posts above: I probably have all those problems but I can't move and have no other choice except to TRY to pay for pharma poisons. I don't want pharma garbage and haven't the funds to buy them anyway. So I grow or get nothing.

brown_thumb

Awe crap...

I just had big argument with the neighbor who keeps demanding more... more... more... more... more...

He peeled out of my driveway flipping me the finger. I was trying to explain that I'm nearly completely out of medicines I'm using for anxiety, depression, pain and Parkinson's.

He's a hateful vindictive selfish A-hole and I suspect he'll turn me and another neighbor in.

SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT!!!!!!!

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
If you are to grow outside and don't wanna be seen maybe you can utilize a stealthy greenhouse the ones that you can't see through so easily that should help you stay a bit more obscure and if ya can stick with the autoflower suggestions if ya can acquire em ;)

pumpkinpie eyes

Veteran
Never tell anyone, espechially a neighbor, & be a good neighbor keeping place looking good - helps, but sounds like yer neighbor has other plan.
Tx no MMJ, poprocks- maybe someday, but won't happen soon jes like Alabummer

brown_thumb

If you are to grow outside and don't wanna be seen maybe you can utilize a stealthy greenhouse the ones that you can't see through so easily that should help you stay a bit more obscure and if ya can stick with the autoflower suggestions if ya can acquire em ;)

My back yard has an eight-foot-tall solid fence and the gates are the same opaque material. I lock the gates from the inside. No one can see anything unless flying overhead or via video drone.

Never tell anyone, espechially a neighbor, & be a good neighbor keeping place looking good - helps, but sounds like yer neighbor has other plan.
Tx no MMJ, poprocks- maybe someday, but won't happen soon jes like Alabummer

It was impossible to hide from that guy because he was over here often, pretending to be my friend. I don't think he would report me... unless he can get something in return for doing so. However, he might blab to others and/or steal from me.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Awe crap...

I just had big argument with the neighbor who keeps demanding more... more... more... more... more...

He peeled out of my driveway flipping me the finger. I was trying to explain that I'm nearly completely out of medicines I'm using for anxiety, depression, pain and Parkinson's.

He's a hateful vindictive selfish A-hole and I suspect he'll turn me and another neighbor in.

SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT!!!!!!!

this sucks and i would really think hard about growing with someone like this around
at the very least cut him off for good
tell him you are completely out and wont be growing anymore
wait a while and let things cool out but you need to rid yourself of this clown
i think your concerns of him blabbing/ stealing from you are also valid
and someone like that will roll over on you in a heart-beat if he was ever caught

best of luck and stay safe

brown_thumb

I've decided to greatly reduce the number of plants I'm growing. I planted a lot this time so I'd be assured to have plenty of whatever strain works best for me and still be able to share a lot. I'll either toss or give away most of the seedlings I just started. That SOB just screwed himself because I'll have no option but to tell him "NO!!" from now on. The generosity is OVER. Seeds are pricey and this asshat is costing me approximately US$560 in seeds. On my meager disability income that hurts a BOAT-LOAD.

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
Damn that would definitely deter me or make me wanna move away from that tension if I were in your shoes vindictive people can really inhibit you from accomplishing goals

rolandomota

This is why you should have kept to yourself about growing weed learn your lesson dont even tell yourself your growing. I say keep growing dont give your plants away people are ungrateful your only making the problem worse by giving those plants away. They will be small plants really small like 1 foot 2 feet max planted this late. Since you cant move the best thing you can do is keep to yourself dont share people talk so just cut off everyone or lie about growing say you have to buy it or say your in trouble and cant smoke dont share.