What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

TGA Genetics- Concerning Potency...

HarleyJammer

Veteran
Ran his Ripped Bubba, Plushberry, and JTR.

Plushberry yeilded well but the potency was lacking. No one in my circle liked the taste or the smell. Culled

Ripped Bubba yeild was lacking. Slow to veg but produced varying phenos. I kept one purple pheno but it may not remain in the stable. Too much RB brought on the pain symptoms of my disease.

JTR yeild is unimpressive even for a sativa dom. Not super potent but has an interesting mango flavor. Even though JTR isnt the rocket fuel that one may expect the increased THCV content alleviates the pain symptoms.. I will keep it around until the Mango Haze and the Super Lemon Haze is harvested and tested to compare.

justpassnthru

Veteran
I've grown plenty of Sub's gear but sadly none of it's stayed in my garden, just not potent enough! Personally I think after listening to Sub all these years that dude's more a flavor over potency type of guy. Weaker strains that taste good do serve a purpose, especially medicinally for the peeps that don't wanna get clobbered by the herb. To each his own I guess ...TGA has a monopoly around here, when I ask 6/10 peeps what they're growing I'm almost certain "TGA" will be in the response ...and it is lol

I've observed how when Sub's gear is crossed it usually makes some helluva hybrids!

No, I confused Dj for subcool, sorry for the mis-information, the low thc is very similar and tastes. jpt

I have a querkle x tahoe og cross and its titties, pics can be found if you Google and goto Michigan med mmj. Querkle by itself was a great smoke, has no hammer time power but now it does.

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran
got a big bin of seeds in the fridge, not a one Subpar shit

his male steals potency from the clones he hits up

40shades

I grew Chernobyl from tga last year and found the same as pretty much everyone else really nice flavor but lacking in potentcy,she did make some tasty Hash tho.I won't be running back trying more of his strains unless my girlfriend wants somthing for herself but at the moment she has her heart set on the tangie so I'm gonna run some for her next time around,€130 is steep tho!

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I sampled a friends Jilly Bean & the flavors were nice but same as has already been said, it was lacking in potency.
I've has Space Queen, Pandoras Box & A13bx in my garden at various times and with the exception of A13bx they all carry the same tune... Space Queen was actually kind of bland...
A13bx wasn't uber potent but it was decent w decent legs.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I almost forgot,
go figure... I'm smoking Blue Moonshine...

The Third Dimension that I gave a friend had some insane potency!!! Even for an experienced smoker... e had to take it easy w them... Think he grew 2 or 3 seed plants of it and they were all potent w strong lime/lemon aromas.

GeorgeWKush

Agent Orange seemed kind of strong. The flav i tried seemed weak, as did the Jilly Bean. Have a Chernobyl cut im veging right now, it has a nice menthol-like smell. If its bunk ill turn it into hash.

KillerDemo

I been wanting to try Jacks Cleaner. heard its pretty potent out the TGA line. I know TGA's line is known for flavor

CalcioErba2004

CalErba
Veteran
TGA genetics didn't last long in our circle, too weak and the flavors weren't enough to keep any of them around compared to what else we were running...that and I kinda don't like Sub's attitude. He likes to show off way too much...

2 Legal Co

Veteran
I like the 'body rushes' that Jilly Beans provides.

Good daytime smoke. If I want potency White Russian (SS), will end the day for me. lol

idiit

Veteran
Hey all,

Quick question. Why is it that TGAs gear just does not do it in the potency department for me and a lot of people I know? I've personally grown vortex, JTR, Jesus OG, time wreck and a couple others that allude me at the moment. The dude has his terpenes down. His flavors are amazing. Even the Jesus OG was lackluster at best. Its a complete shame because I really dig his gear. I always give it another shot but after this Jesus og run I might have to call it quits on TGA for good.

me3. lots of us think the same per personal experience.

subcool is king of marketing. this is a good thing, not a bash.

subcool's strains have great pics., great bag appeal, great taste (candy store profiles).

subcool's strains are perfect for landrace/adam hybrids. hybrid with some super potent landrace with less than optimum bag appeal and taste profile and you might have some great outdoor strains. jtr does extremely well outside in my environment, my only neg. is potency not quite up to my expectations. jilly bean's great flavor and crazy, stupid giggle high effects would pair nicely with a hardy, potent euphoric landrace like zamal red hair, panama, oaxacan.

gsc shows what a good adam/landrace hybrid's potential can be.

doneit

Veteran
If bred for taste and smell... why misleading names like RIPPED bubba, Chernobyl, agent orange etc..
All nics that pertain to hi power or devastating.

if his intention is to provide week genetics for timid users then the marketing should be stated as such.

Way to many unsuspecting buyers are fooled with his advertising.

B

BredForMeds

I thought it was overhyped crosses anyways.. he doesn't do any real testing with them.. its all about bag appeal it seems to me.. I grew out 3 strains of his wen he got big.. and was making a lot of sales.. and was not impressed at all.. ive grown better strains from single freebies.

don't get me rong I found a few that were ok.. but no keepers in 30+ seeds

sahdgrower

Currently growing Vortex. Should be ready in April and I will post here with my results. I may have the finished product lab tested as well.

Recently bought the 9#hammer and professor chaos from them. Have had iffy results with cheese quake and jtr as well. Jtr had zero punch. Cheese quake was actually stronger imo

2 Legal Co

Veteran
if his intention is to provide week genetics for timid users then the marketing should be stated as such.

If you look at most of the descriptions for seeds. It, as I recall.... says 'medium potency'. At least it did on the Jilly.

Hope you aren't as bad with verbage in person as you seem to be on here. 'timid users'? What, should all of us stick a needle in our arm?:tiphat: :laughing: