What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Yocan Explore Vaporizer is JUNK

cureious

I bought the Explore last night, charged it for 3 hours, then excitedly added my ground bud and fired her up. I started at 320 degrees F just like a desktop vaporizer I have.

Once the temp reached 320, I drew and drew and drew but got very little vapor and the mouthpiece was too warm, on the verge of burning my lips ! Not satisfied with no vape, So I upped it incrementally over 5 minutes up to 365 and still no vapor but too hot for my lips.

Yocan needs to figure out the vape action, and provide a longer mouthpiece stem so you don't burn your lips.

I am pissed I wasted $50 to burn my lips and get no vape and have to smoke my bud or use the desktop vape.

VERY VERY UNHAPPY FORMER CUSTOMER

Headed to the store once they open to get a refund.

Egzoset

Salutations,

...no vapor but too hot for my lips.

It happens i once experienced a similar problem with the VaporGenie Classic, in 2012 initially... Having a definite change of operating mode and ritual after some radical "personalisation" did the trick, but that particular scenario also depends on a proper flame(s) source, of course...

In Micro-Bursting mode the goal is to pulse-heat a short-lived thermal bottle while sampling in between pulses trying to avoid over-heat/combustion... Instead the manufacturer instructed its clients to do it in a long steady continuous manner. Which i suppose works for some people using the genuine version. Mine is reconfigured to benefit from pulsed pre-heating features instead.

You can have quite a decent sampler tool for less than a hundred bucks or so, depending on the butane lighter. Etc.

Right now the optimal configuration i've experienced in terms of aroma/taste relied on a dual-flame torch from Vector, the Apolo model to be exact. As a complement configuration i found "Fatty Mamma" works best... Burst mode is the right thing for me:

picture.php

Egzoset_s_Moddified_VG_Pipe_-_Configurations_de.png

[ https://plus.google.com/collection/AsJSIB ]​

Take note the butane-based configuration only needs half a capsule.

About "junk", IMO the problem ain't just the Yokan anyway; It's all dry. Except above.

Good day, have fun!! :tiphat:

Last edited: