What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

dope flowers

too-dope

I created this thread to document the different varieties in my garden and share the findings with others here at icmag. I have a two-room garden that I work with, one for veg and one for flower. I’m using an 8 lamp T5 fluorescent in the veg room. In the flower room I have a 600 watt powered by a magnetic ballast. It's older but hasn’t been used much since I got it so I think it’s still in pretty good shape. I’m using a 2000k bulb with the mag. Next to it I have a 600 watt digital ballast turned down to 400 watts. I have a 4000k bulb in that fixture to provide supplemental light with a broader spectrum. I grow in amended soil with fabric pots.The soil was cooked for about 2 months before I started using it. The recipe is as follows: promix, EWC, pearlite, alfalfa meal, kelp meal, crab meal, seabird guano, azomite, rock phosphate, dolomite lime, dry molasses, Sul-Po-Mg, and BioVam. I use an occasional aerated compost tea to supplement the soil. Everything I grow is from seed. Here is what I have growing currently:

Chimera Simply Irresistible (Incense Haze x Sweet Skunk)
Bodhi Seeds Chem Kesey (Chem 91' Skunk Va x 88 g13xhashplant)
Franchise/Baked Beanz OJSDKB F2 (Orange Juice x Sour Dubb x Ogkushbreath)
Dutch Passion/MJPassion Blue Moonshine #1
Karma Genetics/ Baked Beanz Headbanger F2 (Sour Diesel IBL x Biker Kush)
Archive Seeds RudeBoi Og (Irene Og x FaceOff Og bx1)
Londinium Ting(Grapefruit x BacktoothF3) X (BacktoothF1 x BacktoothF3)) x Pre2k AK 47 F3

Everything in the garden is at a different stage of life. I’ll describe the progress of each variety individually in subsequent posts.

Last edited:

too-dope

Blue Moonshine #1

Blue Moonshine #1

These came with an order I got from Seedbay last year. I only popped 2 seeds and both turned out to be female. They were vegged for 39 days before I flipped them to 11/13. They seem to thrive in cooler temps during veg at around 75f. They showed incredible uniformity early in their life cycle. So much so it was difficult to tell them apart until recently in flower when the calyxes really began to develop. Plant #1 is developing rounder calyxes while #2 is growing more spear shaped. Together with the Simply Irresistible I’d say they are the most sensitive group in the garden, though I would not describe them as difficult to grow. They showed a lot of vigor for an inbred line and so far appear to be the fastest flowering plants in the garden. I imagine they’ll finish between 60 and 65 days. The stems have maintained a spicy/floral aroma throughout however the buds began to develop a pungent sweet syrup smell at around 3 weeks of flower. Below you’ll see both plants at 35 days from seed. The following pictures you’ll see plant #1 and #2 respectively at 31 days into flower.
picture.php

too-dope

Simply Irresistible

Simply Irresistible

I germinated 3 seeds from a pack. 2/3 sprouted. They are distinctly different expressions. SI #1 is fast growing and branchy, maturing at a faster rate than the #2. Mostly easy to grow though slightly sensitive to temperature swings. #2 appears to be haze leaning. It has a very narrow leathery leaves. The smells coming off it are wild and pungent. It started off with an incense type smell on the stems but since flowering it has taken on a menthol aroma. It is definitely the most sensitive plant in the garden. It had a slow start in veg though things picked up before it went into flower. Below SI #1 is pictured at 28 days into flower. Then from left to right; SI #1 35 days from seed, SI#1 30 days into flower, SI #2 24 days from seed, SI #2 20 days into flower.
picture.php

too-dope

Chem Kesey

Chem Kesey

Initially I had 3 Chem Kesey plants. Only #2 was female. Big broad leaves, strong lateral growth and branching. More stretch than I anticipated during the first 3 weeks of flower. No real sensitivities that I've observed. Below CK #2 at 20 days into flower. Then left to right;27 days from seed and 20 days into flower.
picture.php

Last edited:

too-dope

OJSDKB F2

OJSDKB F2

I started out with 3 of these but lost one that wasn’t watered enough while I was gone for a week. Between the SI #2 and OJSDKB #1 they were the most aromatic plants in the garden during veg. #1 died before its sex could be determined. Ultimately I ended up with two female plants, #2 and #3. True to the nature of F2s there is quite a bit of difference between the two. OJSDKB #2 is stretchy with floppy stems while OJSDKB #3 is broad leaf dominate and has remained compact with big dark leaves. It appears neither will yield heavy but they have some interesting, hard to describe smells coming from the stems. Below #3 is pictured at 44 days from seed followed by #2 at 40 days. Then #2 at 20 days into flower and #3 at 16 days into flower.
picture.php

picture.php

too-dope

Blue Moonshine

Blue Moonshine

Thanks guys. This is #2 at 36 days into flower. Both have swelled in size and they're stinking up the place with sweet blueberry funk. I'm really impressed with these so far.
picture.php

too-dope

Clone generation

Clone generation

Here is a shot of the 1st clone generation 23 days from cutting. They were just transplanted into these 2 gallons from solo cups. One from each variety in the first seed run except OJSDKB #3 which has two. The only one not pictured here is SI #2 which is just now starting to show roots in the cloner. All of them have been topped except the two BM still reverting back to veg. From the top left to right; SI #1, CK #2, OJSDKB #2, OJSDKB #3(2), BM #2, and BM#1 at the bottom.
picture.php

too-dope

Next seed set

Next seed set

Here is the next set of seed plants I'll be sorting through. Hoping I can pull a sour monster out of the Headbanger F2s. HB at 20 days from seed pictured below. Then from left to right RudeBoi Og at 18 days and Ting x AK 47 at 18 days for the top 3, 16 days for the bottom 2.
picture.php

Last edited:

too-dope

Ting x AK 47

Ting x AK 47

The Donor AK47 male is from Serious seeds from 1997,F2's made in 1998 and then F3's made recently by me and a colleague.I picked him out of 48 brothers for Branchyness,High Resin,Strong Stems and Cough medicine/incense terps. 8-9 week flower. A Great Stud.
The Receptcle Ting Female = (Grapefruit x BacktoothF3) X (BacktoothF1 x BacktoothF3) My Work.
Ting=Buds stick like glue even when dry of her. I'm quite happy there is very little trace of Blueberry genes left in it except some purple tinges if cold-she makes tasty,golden dry sift.
I do like BB but wanted only the Yellow grapefruit funk from the Backtooth line and to suppress the SweetTooth's pre-flowering trait, it inherited from the original BC Grapefruit cut.....got to a happy place in the end. 9-10 week bloom. Delicious Tart,Sweet,Funky,Yellow Grapefruit flavour. Up,up and then Mellow. A Favourite of mine totally yellow grapefruit flava with more pineapple and funk aftertaste the later she is picked.
I am testing a bunch of boys and girls at the moment of all the AK crosses I released(a friend is testing a bunch too)-so will post pics and info then...Until now I have only Bloomed and smoked(shared) 2 girls of the Ting x AK and they were both mid-sized,Dark,wideish leaved,strong stemmed plants,Sticky Frosty,nice big trichomes....Heaps of Hybrid Vigour from both-one was just a tad taller,slimmer and later than the other.
They both have much grapefruit/citric and sourberry-cough meds smells and one has a little incense too. she tastes and smells delicious tart and fruity-The high was 60/40 Indi/Sat from those girls-perky,giggley but with a long stoney finish. Pretty much what I was hoping for. It was a cross done with personal stash of bud and Sift in mind
wink.gif

Luck'n;lite JBo
tiphat.gif

#2 24 days from seed.
picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

too-dope

Blue Moonshine

Blue Moonshine

Though these looked almost identical in veg they have grown into two distinctly different plants, both of which are amazing. #1 is the one letting off all the berry syrup meanwhile #2 has more floral notes to her aroma. The #2 appears as though it may yield slightly more as well. I believe #1 could be what MJPassion described as the green pheno and #2 the purple pheno. However they both have developed some purple coloring on the calyxes despite the flower room reaching up to 85-86f. #1 and #2 respectively at 48 days into flower.
picture.php
picture.php

too-dope

Simply Irresistible

Simply Irresistible

SI #1 growing into wands of sweet incense. Here she is at 48 days. Still a long way to go for this one.
picture.php

too-dope

OJSDKB F2

OJSDKB F2

Sometimes sour other times skittles. What a unique plant. The petioles and the stems have turned blood red. #2 48 days.
picture.php
picture.php

too-dope

Headbanger F2

Headbanger F2

This seed set is markedly improved over the previous. All three Headbangers turned out to be female. I kept #1 and #3 because they had the most variation in appearance. #1 is has been a star from the jump, displaying vigorous growth and big healthy leaf sets. I used more LST training this round which resulted in compact plants with thicker, more even canopies. Also the soil looks a bit more active. It's darker and richer than it was a couple months ago with a stronger distinct smell of wet earth. Big shout out to member dank.frank for his work on amended soil recipes. Mine is just an augmented version of what I found in the Stank bros forum. Thanks for sharing that knowledge. Pictured below is the #1 at 42 days from seed.
picture.php

Last edited:

too-dope

RudeBoi Og

RudeBoi Og

#1 is the biggest, baddest female of the 3 seeds I popped. Here she is at 45 days from seed awaiting space in the flower room to free up.
picture.php
picture.php