What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Guide to Fishsticks

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
No. That's a whole bunch of other hash strains there going in
That will be mostly for live rosin. Thre are probably 150 plus on the property . We will be breeding there as well. We will likely be doing 400 plus cross this year.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well, I was wondering if each pollen grain on each anther are the same, or if each pollen grain is different and dictates the pheno variation. It seems like the phenotypes are genetic variations themselves as they are not identical. Sure they have the same parents, but like us, we are not genetically identical to our siblings (except for paternal? twins). Wouldn't their genes be, at least, slightly different in the different phenotypes?
Or, on a different train of thought, is all the male's pollen all the same, and the interaction with the ovule creates these variations?
Perhaps dominantly and recessively as they mesh, maybe.... Genetics are crazy, man!

Genetic info in the pollen is the same.. All plants made with a specific pollen will carry the same genetic info. That never changes. Only the Phenotype expressed can be different. Traits can express differently on ea individual just like people. There genetics are still the same. A specific recessive trait can express at anytime. Recessive traits are in those genetics there just not dom and never express... Any Recessive traits that express can be good or bad.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...

another day of ride,eat,work,sleep....

more clones to get into cups,another trip to the store to get the stuff i forgot yesterday in spite of it being written down...i guess i must have reached my walmart limit yesterday...probably better to go there before i ride so i'm not having low blood sugar...

day 21 in the led room last night...
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Good morning Gents. Beautiful day here at work.

I'm starting to get excited about all th different types of stains I'm growing this year. I'm getting ready to go in ground here.

I'm going to make the most crosses this summer that I ever have. Its gonna be work, but fun. I've got hazes, sativa, kush, and indica. Over 50 males to work with and probably at least 75 females. I'm getting serious about my pollen bank. Wow I'm gonna have some awesome crosses.
I will likely be putting out testers this autumn.

I hope you all have a great day!

I want to test some hazes.

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
Genetic info in the pollen is the same.. All plants made with a specific pollen will carry the same genetic info. That never changes. Only the Phenotype expressed can be different. Traits can express differently on ea individual just like people. There genetics are still the same. A specific recessive trait can express at anytime. Recessive traits are in those genetics there just not dom and never express... Any Recessive traits that express can be good or bad.

Right on, Hammer, thanks! I was wondering about that. Is it the same with female pollen?

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
Uncle, you can really see some tight runners of smaller flowers. Looks like they're going to connect into nice colas! Looking fantastic!

Goats

doc your summer grow sounds like it would make my head spin trying to keep things organized. i'll sit over here and watch it happen! sounds like a crazy exciting summer to come.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:headbange bike racing season is upon us!

got world cup downhill racing this weekend in scotland....been raining so half the track is a sloppy,muddy mess and the rest is just nothing but endless rock gardens...

downhill mountain bike racing,pretty simple....go top to bottom as fast as possible....through a minefield of rocks,roots,huge jumps,trees,tree stumps....just total poonage...

already 2 riders out with injuries....tough sport....the bikes are so crazy now,the tech is amazing...

also world cup cross country season,an entirely different sport,radically different bikes and tech...so far this season the american women have been kicking ass,kate courtney,2 races,2 wins...

both of these are much more camera friendly than road racing which is pretty boring for the most part...although we're not far from tour time...but even then i rarely watch live,better to wait so i can skip the boring parts and just watch the last 1/3 of the stage...except the mountain stages...

enough blah blah blah,better get going!

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@site prep yesterday had an excruciating day clearing brush and dropping trees

@site prep yesterday had an excruciating day clearing brush and dropping trees

letting light in at the outdoor plot i took responsibility for ...running chain saws and dragging brush there's one more big white pines got to come down this will give us couple more hours of afternoon sun shine & the more sun the better ...fact is its deep in the woods with a thick canopy overhead its the worst for comfort and the ground is wet ...try dragging brush while your boots are getting sucked into the mud! at least there is water available ...probably going to do all containers except for a few patches direct in the ground, but the digging is next to impossible! ...once it's cleared enough we'll weed wack the undergrowth and cut out any saplings we missed..this terrain is bad for my hip ...my buddy wouldn't take no for an answer ..i hope i'm glad later fro the work we put in now , but at least we got the ball rolling...its such a crap shoot outdoors in the North East ...

earlier in the day i went on the cycle >>>
picture.php

To cap off a stressful day in the eve when it was time to go to bed i went out to grab Jack & he was gone from his pen...i was flabbergasted and futile to try to find him 10:30 at night ...it happens once in a blue moon he gets out and i freak out ...good news was he was back in the morning sleeping outside the pen in a scratched out whole in the lawn ...bad doggy!

OrgAeroMan

Veteran
Yeah, my dog runs away maybe 1 time in 100, but when he does it makes you worried enough for the other 99 he was good. I'm glad he came back for you. Life's much better with free food and shelter, I guess:)

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
The downhill racing must have some great crashes. I had friends who ran the Mazda rally car in Europe and used to watch races on tv. The crashes were spectacular. It always amazed me seeing the people at the race who watched the race sitting on the outside of the turns. Darwin is still right sometimes, I guess.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
My A5 HAZE BX line is being made. There def gonna need testing.

1st up is

Golden gloves x A5HBX
Flashpoint x A5HBX

Flashbang x A5HBX.

A5HBX F2. These will be for breeding and gifts.

I am drooling. The smells coming off my mango a5's are becoming more intoxicating by the day.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The downhill racing must have some great crashes. I had friends who ran the Mazda rally car in Europe and used to watch races on tv. The crashes were spectacular. It always amazed me seeing the people at the race who watched the race sitting on the outside of the turns. Darwin is still right sometimes, I guess.
oh yeah,there's some carnage on occasion,it's more limited than most other forms of bike racing since there's only one rider on the course at a time so it's not like road racing where 30 people may go down in the same wreck....really it doesn't matter what surface you're riding on,wrecking at 30mph is gonna hurt...

Latest posts

Latest posts