What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Destroyer - Thai dominate

Excellent info that Sat.

I gave it a close scope-ing over Saturday. It is loaded with cloudy trichomes but i didnt see a single amber.

There are still a few spots on the plant where fresh pistils are popping.

I shall look for a bud that seems close to done and give a quick dry for a test. Ive grown a few 12 weekers but this is not what I expected. My plants are for personal use so the long flowering isn't screwing me up.

Really appreciate your thoughts, thanks so much.

satva

Veteran
i love so much everything "THAI" dominante!

I was smoking Destroyer "Thai dominate" and USA Colombian Gold yesterday.
I'm harvesting lower flowers from Underground Seed Company [(Colombian Gold / Jamacian Lambsbread) x Colombian Gold] ~ +20 weeks. Colombian Gold dominate - the high is clean, trippy, energetic, and cerebral.

Colombian Gold will go another couple of weeks before harvest in hopes that it mellows out - trichomes are clear and cloudy. The high should mellow out after a long cure.

Colombian Gold is the other side of the spectrum from Punto Rojo Colombian which has a calm, psychedelic, mellow, spiritual high. Sam S noted his early Haze was mostly Punto Rojo.

AeroKush102

I had 5 excellent phenos out of 1 pack of Destroyers. I bred my males to everything I had and got rid of some of my old keeper strains because I knew after smoking 3/5 phenos that I surely had gems in every pack. I have Destroyer X Legend OG, Irene, Purple Urkle, Pk, GG4, and etc etc etc.. There are 2 distinct phenos though, one is dominant sativa haze looking 18 week or so.. incredible high!!! Killer hit. Thai Sativa. OMG.

The other is a lemon lime OG like, 10-12 week frosted beauty. Destroyer is class A genetics, and should always be sold out. PERIOD.

<<<RESEARCH GOLDEN TIGER HERE>>>

Holeshot51

E4DD9A5F-2EDF-4951-B6DC-29DACC89CF50.jpeg
Beautiful sativa buds.
this one had big buds that were all fox tailed. Bud was more frosty and silver with less orange haze looking buds like yours. Very sweet cigar box taste , with nice up high

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
One has to love Destroyer. It's been a few years for me since I've grown her out. Destroyer, Purple Mexican and China Yunnan were the stars of the greenhouse that year.
The Purple Mexican smelled very strong of grilled meats, with a high equally as special. The Destroyer had a musky, peppers 🌶 aroma that connected with something primordial inside me. The China Yunnan is the single most amazing plant I've ever had. It had two meristems of different phenotypes. One green and one purple with similar fruity smells as dominant. The underlying aromatics were both earthy, one fresh wet soil and the other was musky peppers.

. This has been an enjoyable thread to read. Thank you for sharing.
Peace farmerlion

brickweeder

The Destroyer had a musky, peppers 🌶 aroma that connected with something primordial inside me. The China Yunnan is the single most amazing plant I've ever had. It had two meristems of different phenotypes. One green and one purple with similar fruity smells as dominant. The underlying aromatics were both earthy, one fresh wet soil and the other was musky peppers.
Peace farmerlion
This is interesting. My destroyer was not musky at all...basic sweetish mj smell. My Yunnans had a slightly sweet smell during veg, but that changed a lot during flowering...to a slightly dog-poopish smell that made me say WTF? It definitely was not the rotten meat the ace site says. But once chopped, the smell changed to a nice deep sweet-sour mj smell. During flowering, the fans purpled up, but the buds remained green. I did cross my destroyer with yunnan, and a test grow of one of the resulting seeds produced a tall columnar plant with huge fans and very leafy buds...it was a multi-strain grow and the N may have been too high and caused the leafy-ness, will have to run again in the future. On your your purple pheno, were the calyxes purple? And was it crazy purple like pck?

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Brickweeder, my calyxes weren't purple. Just the stripes on the main meristem and the leaf stems. The branches had some color as well but not like PPCK, Snowmoon or Violetta are.

I can't say my descriptions of aromatics should be taken as gospel. I've had a traumatic head injury and spent a month in a coma after a motorcycle accident. I had one strain I thought smelled just like equine. After about a month I realized I went through the greenhouse the same direction after feeding the horses. So when I would do aroma checks I smelled equine for a phenotypic expression.

A .ot of the smells I have are from memories. Until I see what's on the stove,, I can't smell anything. Oh spaghetti, now i have an aroma in my mind.. so I don't always know what is real and what isnt. My apologies if this caused any doubts.
Peace farmerlion

crimsonecho

sweet lemony fresh fruit smell with some sweet flower notes is mostly what i get from my pheno. i had 10 of these beans 9 popped all had similar notes this one was kept and its been going for a couple of years now. very open very energetic high yet not racy. truly a very special cultivar and a very fussy plant to grow. i still cant keep it happy till the finish line :)

yeah its still at an early phase atm haha
8EED2E72-722C-4650-B029-2B8EE174B0BF.jpeg

Tranquilidade

sweet lemony fresh fruit smell with some sweet flower notes is mostly what i get from my pheno. i had 10 of these beans 9 popped all had similar notes this one was kept and its been going for a couple of years now. very open very energetic high yet not racy. truly a very special cultivar and a very fussy plant to grow. i still cant keep it happy till the finish line :)

yeah its still at an early phase atm haha
View attachment 18935667
Same here :) How do you feed her and what is your humidity range?

Latest posts

Latest posts