What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New York City Diesel (Soma) x Sour Diesel (Rezdog)

Chillb

Day 31 Flowering

Day 31 Flowering

The shots yesterday were horrible so during watering tonight I caught these to make up for it, 'njoy!

Chillb

Had to restake and stabilize all of these girls, all of them were looking like the leaning tower of Pisa. Wood stakes and pipe cleaners did the trick and cost next to nothin' ... win win.

Chillb

Water uptake seems to be slowing some which is a good thing. During the stretch I was watering almost every day with these 1gal nusery pots, approaching every other day now.

D

dramamine

I love the look of that second one. It'd be great if it has the smell and flavor of the nycd. I found two females like that my first run of these. They'll have a heavy diesel funk no matter what. Can't wait to see how they finish up. Great log you're keeping here....it's a treat to see the progress.

Chillb

I love the look of that second one. It'd be great if it has the smell and flavor of the nycd. I found two females like that my first run of these. They'll have a heavy diesel funk no matter what. Can't wait to see how they finish up. Great log you're keeping here....it's a treat to see the progress.

Not sure which you mean by the second one D? I will profile and label some better shots of the 2 girls as time goes on. For now just been poppin' photos as I can.

I am smelling some strong stank now and then, preeeeeety sure it's coming off the more developed #4 female with fluffier pistils and curling/resin coated leaves. You gotta remember though, this is my first experience with anything diesel ... it's all new and fresh to me ...

Glad you are enjoying it too, I certainly have been ... can't wait till this stuff is done and ready for papers ... that is the ultimate payoff :biggrin:

Chillb

End of Week 5 Flowering

End of Week 5 Flowering

Today marks the end of week 5 flowering, day 35. The plants are looking fine and are enjoying their stay in the box. There won't be any photos for a little bit though, my camera grew legs and took a ride to a friends place. I'll drop new shots at the end of week 6, 42 days.

chillb

D

dramamine

Hey man...I was talking about that third pic in post 42. The fluffy pistils are a nycd trait, and the leaf pattern seems to be a mixture of the parents. This thread is making me wanna pop more of these beans. Awesome to see you made some F2 of these. Should be some killer plants in those.

Chillb

Hey man...I was talking about that third pic in post 42. The fluffy pistils are a nycd trait, and the leaf pattern seems to be a mixture of the parents. This thread is making me wanna pop more of these beans. Awesome to see you made some F2 of these. Should be some killer plants in those.

Yes, my favorite by looks also ... that clone is from my female #4.

I revegged the single heavily nycd leaning #1 male that I kept so if I wanted I could hit selected f2's that i'll grow out with it. This is the papa at 4 weeks veg ...

Short and stocky, FAT leaves, strong stems, powerful stank, all good qualities in my book. :canabis:

Fly by Night

Like a Wing
Veteran
Someone's in for a treat with all that flavor growing in there homie! Many years ago I also had 2x150w hps, and I think with a 4in extractor fan the environment is very stable

How pleasant it is to see these well selected diesels thriving, in peace!

Chillb

Thanks Fly_by_Night ! The hydrofarm blower is doing really nice, pulling through the carbon filter and all. Temps for me range from 71-78 throughout both of the light and dark periods. I really don't know what I am in for, never had either of the diesels ... last known homegrown I had was ages ago, Jack Herer by Willy Jack. It had some good flavor but nothing memorable to me... it was the super intense cerebral high I remember most ... omg.

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Late to the show,but this is the part I really enjoy.Awesome job growing these out Chillb
and a scweeet job to dramamine on this x
These are next on my list for spring/summer.
You guys have my attention fo sure.

Chillb

Belated end of week 6 update, 44 days of Blooming

Belated end of week 6 update, 44 days of Blooming

Thanks England ... I have a couple, late end of week 6, updates to add in here. Pics say more than I can at this point. Wish I hadn't had the minor light leak early on, ah well, these will get another run soon enough.

Chillb

cont ... end week 6 update

cont ... end week 6 update

Last of this weeks photos, only have 2 different females in here ... at the end of flowering I will detail them out a bit more so Dramamine can see how his kiddo's grew up :biggrin:

Chillb

Roughly 2 weeks to harvest ... yeaaaah baby! Tis gotta be the smelliest forest I've ever had the pleasure of being in.

NYCDxSD #4 clones appear to be on their way to finishing as the majority of their pistils are dying back to a lovely orange. The #3's will take a bit longer for sure as the bulk of their pistils are still white.

ellinho

wow the ladies are looking super healthy and pretty dank. I have some acid (paradise seeds) going right now ... hope they will be close to your killer cross :) keep rocking man!

Chillb

Just wanted to add that these have received nothing but clean lake water and occasionally melted snow with some small amounts of molasses here and there since they were cloned. Only actual ferts have been the Happy Frog Fruit & Flower mixed in the soil at the rate of approximately 2-3 tablespoons per gallon of soil. Think I got the ratio's for flowering down (still have to work on my veg ratios). The largest fan leaves on these are starting to fade and drop off a little faster from 1 of 2 things, Nitrogen/Phosphorous and/or age. Am I worried, naaaaa they look pretty tasty. Less is more in my opinion ...

Latest posts

Latest posts