What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone else with bongs?!

norcalKTM

Dude love them brings me back to my teens every time, in my 30s now and still reminisce about my sick ass bongs. Key word reminisce as I broke them all....... can’t even clean em was just cleaning my newest cheapo cause I gave up on expensive ones along time ago lol, first fucking time cleaning it and broke it, like damn dude.... guess I’m sticking to blunts, papers, and vapes. So who else has the my luck lol, or is it just me?

superx

Veteran
In my younger days I was a hot knive warrior along with a few other warriors lol
Having moved over to bongs I carried on doing these throughout most of my adult life .

Several years back I made the switch over to vapes and haven't looked back since.
At Christmas time I hit the bong in a friends and instantly regretted it and almost coughed
Up half my lung, it was like sucking on a old ash tray.
I do miss that instant numbness to the body you would get of them.

Good old days...

mr.brunch

Veteran
Used to love the old pull through bongs... proper instant hit.
Think my lungs would go on strike if I tried these days.

And hot knives.... smashed out The bottom of many a glass milk bottle and ruined plenty of knives in my youth...
Good memories

norcalKTM

Good shit, was kinda fucked up about the nostalgia of bongs, but the older I get and the more advanced medical and rec gets the more i love my vaped concentrates. Just got the kandypens crystal amazing for hash, I did break one of the glass smoke chamber tips already though lol. Good thing I have a good job now days haha

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
one of my favorite all time bongs...

picture.php

gladysvjubb

Veteran
A bong is the only way I ingest my MEDS.
I buy them all the time.
I give them away to friends.
Try an acrylic bong. You won't break it.

X

xavier7995

I would kind of like to get one of those super elaborate acrylic bongs with boatloads of chambers and hoses. I imagine they would be a nightmare to clean so would just leave it on a shelf.

I have had this little 12 inch glass bong since I think 2001 that has been amazingly durable. Doesnt come off the shelf much, but it sure is pleasant when it does. Needs a new slide and to do a bit of work on it, but will always be my favorite.

gladysvjubb

Veteran
Check for bongs on ebay.
I bought quite a few. I stay away from the ones with a rubber grommet around the bowl. They wear out and there are no replacements available.
I also stay away from ones that are not curved. You can burn your face if they are not bent away from the igniting flame.
There is a lot of them on ebay.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I was exclusively bongs for 20 years or so.:bongsmi: Just tried a dynavap 2 months back and have been smoking through that now. It tastes so much better and I feel like my weed usage has cut down a noticeable amount. I tried some GG in my bong just to see, and man, just like superx said it tasted like an ashtray, so acrid. I don't know how I did it 20 years like that and I can only imagine I've got the lungs of somebody twice my age. I just hold out hope when they cremate me, I get the entire town high :D

weedobix

ICMag Donor
Veteran
i have had and made a ton of bongs but this syn showerhead i bought about 10 years ago has been solid, nice and thick glass, have banged it off the sink a bunch of times and its held up great.

i use it normally but also quite abit with a newvape flowerpot i bought recently.

Fullsize-showerhead-685x1024.jpg

iu

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
I was exclusively bongs for 20 years or so.:bongsmi: Just tried a dynavap 2 months back and have been smoking through that now. It tastes so much better and I feel like my weed usage has cut down a noticeable amount. I tried some GG in my bong just to see, and man, just like superx said it tasted like an ashtray, so acrid. I don't know how I did it 20 years like that and I can only imagine I've got the lungs of somebody twice my age. I just hold out hope when they cremate me, I get the entire town high :D
... back in the seventies I never noticed the nuances folks talk about when combusting. Today, it doesn't matter whether it be a joint or a bong, the flavour profile tastes like burnt leaves after the 1st couple of drags whilst a dry herb vaporizer provides a great flavour profile from start to finish. That's a plus in my book. I remember the first bowl I vaped in my V5 nano (dutch treat) and the only thing I could say was wow, creamy deliciousness :biggrin:

That being said, is it as powerful as combustion? No! Because there is still a lot of dope left in the previously vaped bud, proven by taking PVB and making edibles. The advantage is that you can vape the "pure" terps rather than have them float in the atmosphere during decarb. So, a much safer way of enjoying the entire plant. 2 birds, one stone :)

H G Griffin

That being said, is it as powerful as combustion? No! Because there is still a lot of dope left in the previously vaped bud, proven by taking PVB and making edibles.

There is certainly THC left in the vaped bud, but it doesn't logically follow that smoking is somehow more efficient or powerful.
From my readings, large quantities of cannabinoids are destroyed by combustion before they ever get a chance to be inhaled and absorbed.

I remember we used to make sure the knives were as red hot as the stove elements they were jammed into before blade hits. We were wasting so much good stuff.

Personally, I think the perception that smoking gets you higher comes from the rush you get from a massive hit. Vaping tends to ramp up a bit more slowly, but IMO gets you just as high.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
There is certainly THC left in the vaped bud, but it doesn't logically follow that smoking is somehow more efficient or powerful.
From my readings, large quantities of cannabinoids are destroyed by combustion before they ever get a chance to be inhaled and absorbed.

I remember we used to make sure the knives were as red hot as the stove elements they were jammed into before blade hits. We were wasting so much good stuff.

Personally, I think the perception that smoking gets you higher comes from the rush you get from a massive hit. Vaping tends to ramp up a bit more slowly, but IMO gets you just as high.
You make a compelling representation, which one cannot deny :) A lot is indeed lost during combustion. The proof is in the pudding wrt the potency left behind in PVD after vaping.

When combusting you get them both. That being said, how much gets wasted due to combustion? Your guess is as good as mine :)

Wrt the ramp up of vaping (slower) totally supported! Then again one can plan accordingly, just like edibles.

I do however believe that vaping produces a more complex profile over combustion. I can literally taste each different strain I vape whereas, combusted buds all taste like burnt leaves to me, with one exception AC/DC, which tastes great for 3/4 of a dubi. I mostly vape and take mari pills. However, I test all the different methods of consumption for comparative purposes. AC/DC grew a purple pheno ( 1 of 2 plants). The same as my Harlequin (1 of 2). I grow 4 plants at a time and 3/4 were normal. Now for the punch...

AC/DC purple pheno was only slightly more potent, but smooth as silk. In comparison, the Ha purple pheno was rather harsh in comparison to its side kick (AC/DC) but the potency was the same, while the normal Ha pheno was/is a great smoke. The same delta was noticed when vaped them :tiphat:

Great post...