What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Syrian landrace

misterD

misterD farmhouse
Veteran
I saw that somewhere online, the RSC's gonna offer soon a syrian strain!!!

Any advice would be welcome. :dance013:

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
It would be good if they were able to get the genetics out of the country before it is destroyed. Don't know much about the genetics but would definitely be interested in checking it out!

R

Rox

There is a RSC sub forum on a UK forum i can not name here....and the Syrian landrace has dubious origins in my opinion

Unless Angus has been to Syria to collect himself...which I doubt with the current political climate

thejact55

They were not collected by Angus. They were gifted to another person who has a large influx of refugees in his community. I've talked with the guy over the years on forums, he seems like a reasonable and respectable guy, who has no reason to lie. If his source was trustworthy, who knows. Seeing the small sampling grown out, there is no doubt they are not a standard dutch or American strain, so unique despite any uncertainty. That's about all I know. There is more info out there on this, on another forum.

CannaZen

Hey I think they're all relatively dubious but I'm curious what may turn out. it does at least look like a feral varietal and i see value in that, judging from what i've seen it is definitely something i would like to explore given the choice though i dont know how unique it is from name.

thejact55

Ellis is the person on another site that was gifted, and then bred the Syrian seed stock. Sorry, I was guessing since your first post was telling us these seeds are our for sale, that maybe you would be him. My bad.

@ lesnah - that rsc forum is still running, but activity has slowed alot the last couple months. Just some updates from corky on his thai project from time to time.

Criollo

Ellis is the person on another site that was gifted, and then bred the Syrian seed stock. Sorry, I was guessing since your first post was telling us these seeds are our for sale, that maybe you would be him. My bad.

Ahmmm, i understand. I read ellis, i know what are you telling me.
:good:

troutman

Seed Whore
You don't go by Ellis in another life do you?

Looking for Ellis? Go figure I would know where he is. :biggrin:

He's been quiet here and on Uk for sometime now.

I hope all is well with him. :comfort:
He's here.
tiphat.gif

https://www.icmag.com/ic/member.php?u=418819

Latest posts

Latest posts