What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Heaths latest tree grow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
If it helps anyone, I run 16 bare 1KW bulbs in an open room. To hang the bulbs, cables, and yo-yos, I string small aircraft cables across the room and put turnbuckles on one end to keep them tight.

All lights and cables are hung from this cable, and yo-yo's snap right onto it. Only takes two eye bolts per cable and they will support a lot of weight! See my sig for pics and more details.

MyGreenToe

If it helps anyone, I run 16 bare 1KW bulbs in an open room. To hang the bulbs, cables, and yo-yos, I string small aircraft cables across the room and put turnbuckles on one end to keep them tight.

All lights and cables are hung from this cable, and yo-yo's snap right onto it. Only takes two eye bolts per cable and they will support a lot of weight! See my sig for pics and more details.

Nice idea thanks for sharing!

cyat

Veteran
Just changed out the o rings for heavy rubber washers , tightened it hard.Still leaking , now its trashed, as Its too tight too come loose.I never thought making a water tight seal would be so hard.Im blue!This is now got me stressed the hell out.Water tight seals anyone?

cyat

Veteran
Got some heavy duty tank connectors $22 ea , got 3 for $45 , changed to the 27 gal boxes ,I think It should work.Ill take some pics in a minute.I always pay more in the end trying to be cheap, anyway 3rd times a charm!Thanks Mgt, Mistress,and contestsonly.I'm going to make it work.

UCMEGROW

coincidence?

coincidence?

Heath Robinson (Hydroponics Web Hero)

Keith Roberto (How To Hydroponics Author)

Just wondering if this is the same cat.

cyat

Veteran
Third try Heath, I hope this makes you proud.Couldnt have done it without your help!Bout to strike it up, after the glue sets ,Ill undo the unions and off the vegroom. Two blackberries await!

Attachments

• HEath 001.jpg
    HEath 001.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 31
  • HEath 002.jpg
    HEath 002.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 26
  • HEath 003.jpg
    HEath 003.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 31
  • HEath 004.jpg
    HEath 004.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 30

Power13

Cyat, those are the same tubs that others had problems with due to light leaks. Cover each of the tubs with panda, and you should be good to go.

cyat

Veteran
Theres reflectix on top just not on the edges.Might add more and wrap the pipes.thanks power13

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran

wow you just blew my mind..

if they're not one and the same, they damn well should be

HEATH PROPSSS!!!!!!! your pictures made my whole week.. thanks for keeping it 100

Billy Liar

wrong country, wrong guy... just a little google, and question answered..

made me wonder for a minute...lol

He has his own forum where he is the only member, lets all join up..:party: LOL
peace
BL

deviant1

Well Heath, I am still really new at all this, but man I have never seen anything as big and beautiful as what you posted. I am gonna follow your posts from now on, it looks to me that I found someone who Actually knows what they are doing. Keep up the good work, looking forward to more from you.

I do have A question or two though, how long did you veg to get them that big? What kind of training did you do to them, if any at all?

cyat

Veteran
Heath or any experienced tree growers,
My pump is 396 gph for a total of about 60 gal of water between the res and two tanks.Is that enough flow?I think I need a bigger pump but not sure.Dont want to learn the hard way.No more leaks , system is running good so far.:) Heath I noticed your return pipe is flat on the ground , I angled mine , but not sure if I needed to?

Billy Liar

Heath or any experienced tree growers,
My pump is 396 gph for a total of about 60 gal of water between the res and two tanks.Is that enough flow?I think I need a bigger pump but not sure.Dont want to learn the hard way.No more leaks , system is running good so far.:) Heath I noticed your return pipe is flat on the ground , I angled mine , but not sure if I needed to?

I aim for 1000lph through each tank, if top feed only, a large bore pipe will supply enough flow without being too fast.. I have found small plants can take a while before they are ready to take the full flow from the top, so drippers come in handy to get small plants established.. Just my opinion..:)
There should be no difference in running returns on the floor or on the angle... water finds its own level.. are they non-return valves on the return?? or just unions? Looks nice and simple, good luck..:wave:
peace
BL

UrbanAero

Heath, gotta love trees and dark green leaves you got. The flooded vertical grow you did was amazing, I borrowed your idea for isulating with the reflectix and spray adhesive. MediMary sent me here to check out your latest grows from rollitup.org. I posted a couple pics of my aeroponics room, with mr. Nice guys super silver haze and critical mass. Also greenhouseseeds bubba kush and positronics black widow(which is phenomenal) I'm having some great results now and vegging 2-3inches/ day under a 1-1000w liquid cooled HPS on a light mover covering 40 plants. 4 weeks after cuttings Im ready to flower. I use a 3600gph 1/2hp sump pump.https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=189320

cyat

Veteran
Billy,
Thanks much for the good info!:)1000lph=250gph per tank (not including the res?)I switched to a 500gph pump ,which seems to match your recommended pump.One irrigation feed line was pushed to far into the tee ,fixed that.Plants are small and had the coco and perlite rinsed off the roots so they are adjusting slowly.I might try a bigger pump as they grow.I will do my return pipes flat,and as I expand as it will be easier ,and look cleaner.Billy those are unions on the return pipe , so I can move this spaceship when needed.Would check valves on the return be necessary ?Seems simple that water will find its own level but I just couldnt wrap my brain around it.Saying it looks nice and simple is a huge compliment!

D

DHF

Back yrs ago when Doubleds showed up at HG , he was amidst setting up his version of what he said was everything he`d learned and observed from the krusty wars and Heath`s "high flow" waterfarm designs with all these expensive big ass "quick disconnect" fittings for fast breakdown capacity so as to be able to move to a new location in minimal time.......

The undercurrent guy`s setups are very similar with the large bore pvc drains and high flow RDWC , but to my knowledge they never consulted Heath about the build process...........but.....

Undercurrent setups are definitely nothin new under the sun , just another redesigned mousetrap.........

I will say this.......Back in the day , there were very few innovators of hydro setups , and most came from copying old archived setups found in the early beginnings of the internet on obscure unheard of websites not pertaining in any way to growin dope , but rather veggies......mainly maters...........

Heath was and is always pushin the envelope settin up new and different shit from that mad scientist , insomniac brain of his....Heath`s vertical racks were featured in Urban Garden magazine for growin hydro veggies....for instance....

The shit he dreams up ain`t from an old website , but rather howta do somethin different to get more from less.......Flip floppin/checkerboardin the lights like Heathie`s done isn`t new and has been done many times at different sites , but I`ve not seen anyone grow a 4 3/4 lber usin the concept......

He gets bored easily and rarely runs the same setup twice , but he`s always chasin more from less......

Hempy buckets were patterned after a system Heath found at an old website and showed Hempy back when HG was still around.......That didn`t go over too well with Hempy`s ego....

Ain`t nuthin new guys , but rather variations of all the above with each person`s tweaks ........

I copied krusty buckets to a T , all the wayta bustin holes in concrete slabs for over 8 yrs...I was a fukin pig for punishment.......but.......Ran my own 5 gal version of Heath`s multiflow bucket setups for 5 yrs after that , and my vertical racks I learned from Heath were nothin like his but rather DTW coco.....

Point beng that there`s many waysta skin a mule....but....not many folks design "new" different setups and pull up and over 2 gpw`s like Heath .......in fact.....none that I know of at present.......

Hope I`m not cloggin up yer thread Bro.....just tryin ta spread info........the proper info.........

Peace...DHF......:ying:.....

Status
Not open for further replies.