What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Green Renaissance!

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I never thought this day would come.

We were under the impression that this grow room would NEVER see the light of HPS again. We were done. Fine', caput... But God works in mysterious ways, and I try not to question God (or whatever you call it) too often :smile:

While the garden was in full swing, it was nearly impossible to make any major changes to the infrastructure, or the gardening doctrine we run things by. But now that we're starting anew, it's a good time to change things up, before we get mired down in production again.

The New Table-
The first thing we've done is to make watering our vegging plants MUCH easier.

I built a table yesterday that will send water toward a hole at the bottom right, which sits over a bucket. The bucket recieves any runoff from the veggers. This makes thing tons easier for me. I like easier.

The table's legs are all different lengths, to provide the slope we need to get the water flowing downward. The back left leg is 12" high, and the leg at the hole is 10.5 inches high. The other two legs are aprox 11.5 inches. (it took a final adjustment to get it to not rock back and forth, but now it sits perfectly - no wobbles at all.

The New Genetix
As usual, I'm growing out genetics sent to me by my very good friends in the biz, Rezdog and BushyOldGrower. We're also doing some SAGE and HOG from seed. The SAGE and the HOG come from my good friend in the dirty south, Smokin2Live. :smile:

From Rez we have a cornucopia of clones: Cinderella 99, Gonzo #1, Petrol, and the Elvis/church clone. I also planted 10 Gonzo #1 beans, which are all sprouted and going at full speed now.

BOG sent me 16 sour bubble bx3 tester beans about 8/9 months ago. Every one of them popped and are going strong now. :smile:

Smokin2Live sent me some seeds that he purchased about a year ago. SAGE and HOG. He was asking me what strains I'd suggest trying that we haven't tried yet. I suggested SAGE and HOG right from the breeder, THSeeds. They were exceedingly expensive, so I really appreciate the gift bro.

The Long-Term Plan
The seedlings go from dixie cups to 4 inch square pots, once they've grown into the dixies (about a week).

From 4 inch square pots to 1 gallon grow bags. (another week or two)

From 1 gallon grow bags to 5 gallon Home Depot buckets & set to 12/12. (for the rest of their lives)

Simple really.

All seed plants will grow naturally this time, no topping. They should be short, squat, fatass xmas trees in 5 gallon buckets.

breeding projects
NONE. I'm not a breeder. Not with plants anyway :wink:

I'll keep this thread updated as they grow.

cc

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice Setup

Nice Setup

Nice to have you back on site. How right you are we never know whats going to happen. Grow room is looking great . Should be fun to follow along. Thanks for sharing and great to see you back on the boards !

m.steelers

Enlightened
Veteran
Good luck CC - I'm glad you are rolling again. By the looks of things you'll be really happy in a few months!

truecannabliss

TrueCanna Genetics - Selection is art
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice selection and set up.....i look forward to seeing it flourish.
Peace

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks guys. I look forward to getting back into the swing of things, learning new theories, making and enjoying good company.

immortal

Nice CC. I have some of Bogs SBBX3 going right now at 4 days of veg. Damn, even the first set of leaves are fatter than what I usually see. Good Luck

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah immortal, your baby SBs look really happy :smile: Big, fat leaves.

Last edited:

JLP

Veteran
Looking good CC.

You'll love the SB.You should be well stocked for 420.

Good luck.

JLP

O

OHenry

Nice setup CC! Construction seems to be the name of the game lately. I like the table idea.

Can't wait to follow this one! OH

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
JLP, what's up brother!? Good to see you. I hope 420 is a well-stocked affair! hehehe

OH, yup, bang bang bang! If you build it, they will grow :smile:

G

Stoner ingenuity at it's best. I love the creative ideas growers come up with almost as much as growing ... almost.

Mo,

G

:chin: Damn CC if thats ur veg tray , I would love to see ur flower tray :woohoo: :woohoo: Sounds like u have some DAMN good friends out there!! Ill b hangin round droolin as always :yummy:

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A new light!

Before, our big problem was vegging. Now we have a T5 electronic floro setup, and we have MORE than enough light for all vegging.

This thing is as silent as a corpse, and the heat that comes off it is hardly even detectible.

The amount of light it puts out is outstanding. The light penetrates several feet, not just several inches, like normal floros.

It fits perfectly over the new vegging table.

The proof will be in the puddin, but I can tell this light is very likely going to totally change what we're able to produce here at at the conservatory :smile: Uniformity is key when you're setting a crop to flower. This light will produce uniform veggers for my flowering room.

If you haven't seen one of these things shine in person, get to a grow shop and see one in action. Really exciting advance for indoor growers.

Coming along nicely :wink:

Next up: tear down that old plastic and paint the wall flat white. So much to do!

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hot Cargo's garden is looking killer!

Looks like SOMEONE'S gonna have a KILLER Christmas this year! let's hope!

Thanks again HC :wink:

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hot cargo loaded me up with some very special gifts today.

The Neville's crosses are from Female Seeds, and of course the Schrom cross is by Hot Cargo.

20Nevilles-crosses-thumb.jpg

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
He also donated the Kyle Kushman Strawberry Cough clone to my garden.

I've grown SC before, and I was sorry after I got rid of it. One plant yielded almost 7 ounces indoors, with little effort or attention.

G

Nice setup CC. Is your T5 light a 4 ft one? I just got a T5 4 bulb one that is 2ft long. Damn those things are bright. Mine says its suppose to put out 8,000 lumens. Just curious about how much lumens yours puts out. Thanx for the info. Peace and *bong* :friends:

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
And HC was also KIND enough to send me home with a taste of the Sharon Widow clone he grew outdoors this year.

If you want to smoke one time, and be high almost all day, smoke Sharon.

This stuff is absolutely primo. Smokes great, tastes great, blows a fella's mind, etc.

DL, I have the same light as you, probably

I can't remember the lumens, but there's lots. I think it's 19,000 or something - with all 4 bulbs running.

cc