What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Any ideas on how to recover pot from roaches?

to the op... since you don't have any friend's, you must have some enemies. invite your enemies over. put all the roaches in a metal bucket, light it, and have all your enemies stand around the bucket with you. then you'll have some friends.

Swamp Thang

Veteran
Dump all the roaches, paper and all, into a crock-pot containing coconut oil and water. Slow cook overnight, then while the soup is still warm, pour it through a cloth sieve, to remove and discard the solid matter, then follow the usual steps of separating the oil and water upon cooling, at least twice, to clean up the oil.

With this method, all that precious TCH trapped in those roaches becomes the active ingredient for some super potent canna coconut oil that will store frozen for years, in between baking usage, with no loss of potency.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
you Americans need to learn the benefit of cardboard filters in the end of your joints. you can just throw them away when they are done without wasting a huge amount of pure weed in the tip, or trying to smoke that shit to the end :D

but more importantly you can smoke without getting bits of weed in your mouth and having someone pass it back totally wet.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
you Americans need to learn the benefit of cardboard filters in the end of your joints. you can just throw them away when they are done without wasting a huge amount of pure weed in the tip, or trying to smoke that shit to the end :D

but more importantly you can smoke without getting bits of weed in your mouth and having someone pass it back totally wet.

lol.
Remember the Roach Clip? I always burnt my lips on it because I was too stupid to just throw it away and light up another one.
"Don't bogart that joint man."

MrBungle

When I smoked joints with friends... We would take our roach weed and re roll it... and call it a generation joint.... Then take all our re rolled roaches and re roll those into a 2nd generation joint.... and so on and so on...till the last joint was rolled.... I believe an ounce we took with us on spring break one time survived to a 5th generation joint...

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway

I use RAW tips. They are made from cardboard. Is that what you're talking about?

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
People are smoking that shit, then comment that they don't like the notes of pine and charamel in the terpenes of a fresh bud.

Come on.... Admit it. You don't give a shit and would smoke a dried banana wrapped in an old sock.

This is how you should roll.

Last edited:

lizzy3

I use RAW tips. They are made from cardboard. Is that what you're talking about?

kinda shocked that theres a 5 page post on how to smoke a cig, but...

why buy filters?
recycle!
use old cardboard boxes from around the house. tooth paste boxes, medicine boxes, light weight card board.

cut a small piece n roll it up like a filter!

idk how ppl use such tiny papers, i use elements rolls exclusively, 5 meters per roll, 2-3 boxes of rolls a year. 20 rolls per box. yes, i smoke more then a mile of ciggarettes per year. lol

;)

lizzy3

actually better to use corn husks.
they need to be old n dry but not too dry
was in a third worl production area, no papers to be found!
local clued me in on what to do.
corn husk blunts filled with herd n hash

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I've tried to roll joints with tips so many times and failed I've given up trying. I just can't work my head or fingers around it. (I can roll a pretty good joint, btw.)

So I switched to pre made cones with tips already in them.

MrBungle

My best tip for the tips is:
Roll your joint leaving space at the end for the tip....
Then roll the tip up as tight as it will roll, and put it in the end of the joint where you left space...
After that take a pen cap and open up the tip inside the joint so it stays in snug..
This step might seem obvious, but I'll say it anyway... Make sure you light the end without the tip! lol

Enjoy

H

HaHaHashish

My best tip for the tips is:
Roll your joint leaving space at the end for the tip....
Then roll the tip up as tight as it will roll, and put it in the end of the joint where you left space...
After that take a pen cap and open up the tip inside the joint so it stays in snug..
This step might seem obvious, but I'll say it anyway... Make sure you light the end without the tip! lol

Enjoy

I also roll with a gap between the end of the bud and the start of the cardboard filter, that way you can smoke 100% of the bud and zero cardboard. I really wonder why everyone doesn't do that?

The only difference is that I roll the cardboard into a filter shape first, place the ground bud and filter on the paper then roll the jay. I find that the hard cylindrical shaped cardboard filter which is made with the diameter suited to the size of the jay, helps me roll jays that are as perfect as a cigarette. I used to roll the jay first then push the cardboard filter in after but it's definitely more efficient to roll with the filter in there than try to push it in later.
Happy Rolling!

MrBungle

I'd have to agree that rolling with the filter already in the joint is more efficient, but I was trying to help the person who was having a hard time doing it that way.....

xet

Roll it all up and smoke it.

Has anyone else here broken a chunk of char only to find green on the inside?

Cut it up with a knife or grinder, roll it all up, it works to get irie when there is no irie to smoke.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I'd have to agree that rolling with the filter already in the joint is more efficient, but I was trying to help the person who was having a hard time doing it that way.....

My wife's been doing it that way forever. She's our gang's roller. lol

H

HaHaHashish

My wife's been doing it that way forever. She's our gang's roller. lol

She's a keeper!

St. Phatty

For a person that smokes 10 to 20 joints a day, the roach tin fills up pretty fast. LMAO
Well, I am open to ideas before I just toss them in a dumpster.

Once I was in Vancouver Canada & didn't know anybody & there was a Cannabis demonstration at City Hall.

I channeled the Homeless Person Gestalt ... and walked around picking up roaches on City Hall steps.

Only way to get some decent weed !

Then I road Sky-train and some guy offered me an OZ of decent hydro for $100. PHEW.

Don't toss the roaches in a dumpster. Put them in a bag without fingerprints and casually drop the bag somewhere where homeless folks and pot-less tourists hang-out.

Kaskadian

Veteran
I don't smoke joints often but I usually just throw away the roaches. Usually by the time I finish a joint I'm either burning my fingers or the cardboard filter I stick in the end.

When I was a teenager there was this small bridge out in the forest (hiking spot) where people would get together to smoke. Under the bridge one of the beams had "FREE WEED" painted on it and people would leave roaches on the beam. We would usually just leave our roaches sandwich bagged up on the beam. They always seemed to disappear so hopefully someone got some enjoyment from them.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
420giveaway
When I have buds from a seed run. I put them in a smoldering fire and let the aroma fill the campground late in the evening. I don't smoke or sale so it's all just for fun in my world.
Peace brother

H

HaHaHashish

When I have buds from a seed run. I put them in a smoldering fire and let the aroma fill the campground late in the evening. I don't smoke or sale so it's all just for fun in my world.
Peace brother

Yeah, throw all the fans and stems on a fire for a laugh, but what a waste with bud unless it was full of mites.

All that is needed is five minutes gentle sifting and another 5 minutes re-sifting you would have a small amount of excellent quality dry sift.

But obviously you have plenty, I'm the opposite with barely enough most of the time. I once heard a story about a Saudi prince who would grab a few grams of the best dry sifted resin then sprinkle it on a heated plate as he inhaled it..with that method you would be lucky to inhale 10% of the smoke, but I guess we'd all be the same if we had billions.

Latest posts

Latest posts