What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Quietest 100-150 CFM 4" Exhaust Fan? Elicent Inline or Dayton/ActiveAir Blower?

sleepyrz

it'd be better to get a 6" and tone it back

youll never get a 4" quiet due to the amount of air it pushes through a small hole

jordas

sleepyrz......that is the same thing I was wondering if he would do better using a 6" fan and just running it at 1/2 speed.......he would get the same approx. 100cfm but thru 6" ducting instead of the 4" ducting that he was previously using.......maybe the larger ducting would reduce the air noise....just an idea?

ezgo1

The ELicent AXC100A is one fo the quietest 4" fans around. I have one on my mother cabinet and with flexable ducting and a speedster you can bairly hear it.

Ezgo

LifeLess

Veteran
Just got my new fans today. Im gonna post my DIY 4 inch homemade inline fan that i cool my 600 with. The fan is 120 cfm and once its together u cant hear it run. Peace LL