What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

28%+ THC seeds

J-Icky

I agree. I consider myself to have a high tolerance and high doses of THC alone don't get me "high". It's a dead from the neck in both directions feeling. THC just plays one note. You need the whole keyboard to play nice music. Humans are smart but we do not know better than Mother Nature. Is it just that THC was the first cannabinoid discovered so everyone is fixated on that?

I don’t think it’s because it was the first discovered, but because it’s the one that’s responsible for most of the effect of cannabis.
The best analogy I can think of is to think of it like a car engine. Sure thc is the large powerful engine block that makes it go, but to make it truly fantastic you need the right carb and exhaust and maybe even a turbo or super charger. All those little thing are like the other cannabinoids and terpenes in that they take the base thing and make it even better.

therevverend

Veteran
I’ve always wondered why, if high thc is the only goal, people don’t just smoke concentrates?

When you're growing for the purpose of turning your crop into concentrates if you start with a higher % of THC you'll come out with a higher yield of THC in your concentrates. If your final goal is 90% THC you don't want to start with a strain that's 12% THC. It may be fine for smoke as ganja but you won't get the yield you'd get from a stronger strain.

The final THC % depends a lot on what type of test and what lab you get your samples tested at, as other posters have mentioned. Many posters have recommended Ace seeds, one nice thing about their website is that they list their THC %. Most of their stuff would probably be a waste of effort. Their most potent strains top out around 20-25%, plus the longer flowering times and leggy growth would rule them out for me. Landrace and most heirloom type strains won't get you anywhere near 30%.

I'd be shopping clones not seeds for this project. Even the best seeds will be highly variable. That said I'd look at Relentless Genetics, Bodhi, and similar breeders. I'd be looking at American companies instead of the old Dutch standbys. La Plata Labs has a strain called Durango OG it's the most resinous stuff I've seen in a long time. It's worth checking out.

Relentless has quite a few hybrids containing The White. The White isn't 30% but a good hybrid would get you close. Of course Chemdawg hybrds are another safe bet. I'd be looking for hybrids because you're more likely to find an outstanding high potency type. White Fire OG is another good one. Cookies. Check out the high end OGs I've heard Godfather OG is more potent then Bruce Banner, don't know if I believe it. It'd be worth trying it's got to be close to 30%.

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
There are known varieties over 24% from varying sources. Any hybrid listed as high thc is a good place to start combined with how it is grown. With seeds it may take many plants or generations. Growers should prepare to grow every cannabis plant to its full potential. This is another way to say a grower can make or break a strain/crop/harvest.

Sour Bubble and its components, is a simpler cookie cutter answer. Glue is also near the top. It's a mixed bag, some lab reports seem less credible and others more accurate. To match the highest number on the screen at the shop, with the varieties of clones for sale on the shelf at the shop, isn't really my cuppa. In a commercial market, which is the preferred grade for cultivators, a smoker's smoke? Strong yes, with a trade off?

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Is there a standardised measurement process?

Picture a bud. There is wood or twig. Some leaf that's predominantly green matter. Just where is this 35% meant to be. I can't see it...

Do they strip all the oil content, and measure that. With a quick wash, or long soak?

Is it shake they measure?

I want thc percentage of a bud as you find it in a 10 bag. No selecting the best oil and testing that. I smoke bud, and want to know how strong that is.

I'm getting the picture forming, that cbd reduces the effect we feel from thc. So my 24% thc 4% cbd critical kush, might not be as strong as some 20% thc 0.3% cbd weed. It this is so, then some gauge of this effect would be of great use. Perhaps 1% cbd could mask 5% thc for instance. Or maybe I'm seeing the picture wrong.

It's amazing how we bred out cbd by selecting plants that get us stoned. Yet the moment we wanted cbd back, it was here in large percentages again. It seems that cannabis wants to make cbd really, not thc as we have wished it to do for recreational reasons

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
Even if they find the best example out of an entire crop it is thought of as bragging rights. In reality there are varying strains to my knowledge, meaning more than one cultivar and group of growers, indoors or under the sun, with 28%+ samples however accurate. Seeds are stable enough, I think, that I would rather "adventure mode" with Ace genetics for example than "quick play" with cuttings/clones.

It is quite a time to be discussing such a thing openly but higher potency may not be the ideal direction for growers or consumers for varying reasons. Yield, as a metric, I am least interested in when I go to eat a piece of corn. The same mantra holds true with heirloom cannabis it isn't commercial. Yes just about everyone weighs the product and considers costs, however, yield is not the first and only thing I search for in a population of plants. This nearly if not certainly necessitates seed planting and adapting plants to the local climate or microclimate.

Unsure how this may be received but corn or popcorn has flavor and nutrition. A sweeter corn may be more desirable for eating to a degree, however, if the ears and kernels come to only carry sugar water, the corn has completely moved away from its original use. The lesson here is that corn syrup and insulin for diabetes are both produced using genetic engineering. Corn syrup and insulin, both brought to you by the genetic engineering lobby. Fills grocery stores and media commercials, a conglomerated collusive lobby. This product is only for fructose syrup, not eating. As abundance increases quality decreases etc.

Last edited:

grayeyes

You can buy 200 proof alcohol. Does that make it better? Or would you prefer a nice scotch or bourbon?

Terpines, taste and smell will eventually determine the market.

Happy Times

High Times does a “strongest strains of __” list that might have some leads to consider. I remember seeing Ghost Train Haze on a recent list. I tried some from a dispensary in Durango that was a pretty nice blend of OG Kush and musky Haze flavors

I wood

You can buy 200 proof alcohol. Does that make it better? Or would you prefer a nice scotch or bourbon?

Terpines, taste and smell will eventually determine the market.

For me 200 proof is much better.
I can make a clean extract with it or do a proper French polish on a nice little end table.
Pot has removed my desire to drink completely at this point in life.

When it comes to pot though, I would much rather smoke the “bourbon”.

mexweed

Veteran
the strains I see frequently hitting 30%+ are chemdog #4, chemmy jones, lemon skunk, cherry diesel

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
With new Light technology we are going to see a final Peak in available THC as the luminaries have about reached maximum efficiency for lumens per watt & spectrums are about peaked. I noticed that the light makes most difference to the secondary metabolites when I upgraded to the new generation HID.

These small improvements in our kit has made the output creep up & so has the response from the plants..

Happy Times

Probably mentioned already- something OGKB 2.0 related? I thought I remembered some high test results over in the 2.0 thread- maybe a pheno some Michigan growers found out of a 2.0 seed line?

JetLife175

Veteran
Not sure if anyone has figured it out but out of all the high testing strains out there, almost ALL of them contain 91 chem or chem D in them.

Latest posts

Latest posts