What's new

The National Cannabis Festival

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Anybody going to festival this year?
At RFK stadium grounds Washington DC
On 4/20.
I know alot of kids now days in legal states won't really understand this but,
Last year was my first legal experience.
Sounds so corny, but I almost cried. Cross a imaginary line into D.C. and suddenly I'm not a "criminal".

It would be really cool to meet up with some icmag fam. We could even legally exchange genetics.

If I could ever remember how to quote from another thread I'll post my experiences from last year.

https://www.nationalcannabisfestival.com

soil margin

Veteran
Wait I just read their FAQ, this doesn't sound cool at all. Can't buy or sell weed, OR smoke weed or eat edibles. How exactly is this a cannabis festival again? Sounds like an advertising opportunity that people pay for lol.

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
Hehe, I know the feeling. I live in a country where weed is still illegal. You can smoke pretty freely, but I still prefer to go around the corner just to be safe. In 2010 I went to Czech republic for a weed expo/festival thing, where you can smoke in public. We were toking on a joint at the festival grounds, saw a couple of cops coming; natural instinct kicked in like yo yo man! Cops are coming! Then after 2-3 seconds I realized that I prolly looked more suspicious to the cops tryinna hide something behind my back :) Luckily the cops just walked past and didn't even look in our direction. Nice feeling not to be harassed for smoking weed, but it takes a while to get used to it.

The times, they are a-chancin'

Have fun at the festival :tiphat:

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Wait I just read their FAQ, this doesn't sound cool at all. Can't buy or sell weed, OR smoke weed or eat edibles. How exactly is this a cannabis festival again? Sounds like an advertising opportunity that people pay for lol.

In DC you are not allowed to buy or sell just possess on give.
So people sell you a $5 trinket and give you a joint. Or $50 for a lunchbox and gift you a bag of weed.
I bought a piece of paper. Got pre roll.
As far as smoking- everyone was smoking. At no point was I ever inside and I had the odor of blunts on me and inside my nose for days, and I didn't even smoke a blunt!!
I smoked with people of different races, religions, 80 year olds, disabled, gay, straight, veterans, a veterinarian, millionaire DC and Md business men, milfs, Granny's, a botanist, a professor of law, etc etc. Believe you can smoke, and in the open. I took a picture of me smoking in front of DC's finest. People were smoking in line before you even enter the festival grounds.