What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sour D

positivity

Veteran
2019 is looking like a sour year. Sour in a good way of course, Sour Diesel IBL from old res seeds. A few years ago there wasn't much available but this year quite a few versions became available or are becoming available. I picked up a few myself but before I get to cracking the new beans I want to refresh some seed stock I made over a decade ago.

I'll share how I stored them and germinated them along with hopefully a successful grow. Maybe I'll be able to share seeds in some form in the future but for now I'm not too concerned with that as there are good options out there already it seems

DAY 3 from being planted straight into a rapid rooter. This is actually a second batch as I made a mistake on the first. Give me a few extra seeds and I get careless...too hot an initial mix went anaerobic on me. Not too big a deal as I have enough left to afford a few mistakes

You can see not every seed is sprouting at the same rate but maybe 60-70% are making it without a problem. These were stored simply in small containers with rice and kept in a fridge. You can get fancy with mylar packs and dessicant packs, even oxygen packs, but the rice worked. Thanks to the early heads and their solid advice these seeds have remained viable

I've grown these before on another thread of mine somewhere, if you look around you should find it. A small seed pop gave a nice tasting pheno so it should not be too hard to find something nice. I actually lost it because I thought it wasn't that good. Grew the last cut outside and it turned out awesome. Go figure.

Thats all for now. Have a Merry Christmas and a safe and Happy New Year

peace

posi

extra germ tip. straight from the freezer into the plugs gave similar results to letting them sit for a few days from the freezer. Just plant them straight from the freezer.

positivity

Veteran
2 sour d's
One a little quicker and taller. The other a little shorter and slower.
Put the Hortilux 250 in. Finally found a cheap vivosun ballast that dims to 250 from 400w
Seemed like a good time to mess with it

picture.php

positivity

Veteran
So these are F2 of Sour D ibl nice. Which release were they from?

Wish I knew. Forgot there was more than one release until someone else asked. Been too long, cant remember the details. I remember stalking them and seedbay crashing...I'd guess an early release

Its enjoyable and the seeds old...the only reason I'm growing it. I actually have quite a few old ones I need to do. I need a breeders permit so I can do them all at once
If it works out I'll donate them

Bmac1

Veteran
Tuned in. I have some sd ibl f2 in the stash that I will get to eventually.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
we just started '2' seeds from the very 1st release from rez - got 1 lady - took 4cuttings once she was confirmed to be a lady- she has now been under a 4ft 8bulb fluor for 3 weeks- growing like a mofo, never have seen a plant grow so fast... and.... the leaves are covered... i mean covered with tricomes... another 2 weeks under the fluor's, then under '2' 315's-

positivity

Veteran
Thinned out the slow growers. Seeds are definitely showing signs of age. Saw a few growing funny, mutated.
Will start a few more I think. Starting to get an idea what works for germing.
Last batch of Cindy I soaked for a day. They didn't like that it seemed

Couple sour ds looking uniform. I remember noticing that the first time I grew them. Differences were more odor levels

picture.php

3snowboards

I have 3 ecsd x C99
From seed
Starting week 8 of flower after a 3 week veg.
Keep temps below 80 if possible
picture.php

positivity

Veteran
Beautiful plants. Wasn't there a cross called galadriel at one time? Something like that...check ********** later or forum search
I made my own cross of sour d ibl x c99 pineapple in the same time period I made these seeds. That's probably next on the list for me. I never grew it out...
I think that has a pretty good potential too

LostTribe

Premium user
oooh ooooh ooooh Never got a shot with so many camped out for the Galadriels.....that famous Cindy.

positivity

Veteran
Left one of the early slow and mutated ones in the mix. Sure enough growing a bit strange.

picture.php

Have a great day. KISS

positivity

Veteran
Tray of sour d ready to go.

Looking forward to these old varietys but also looking forward to getting this done and moving on

picture.php

3rd-3yed

Veteran
I'm sure you will enjoy enough the fruits of this run to retry some SD from clones next grow ! I wish you to find a few keepers.