What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My Zen Garden 2019 (.. Golden Tiger, Destroyer)

rlsmooth

Hi,

Thought I'd make a diary about my new grow. Hoping for thai phenos of GT and Destroyer fem. I plan to use ls(t)d training techniques for this grow for the first time, during my last grow with indicas my plants grew up too much, space is very limited. But with lsd I think one can basicly grow really wide and low going plants?

Only challenges that come to my mind at this point is deciding when to flip light period. I would like to get pretty full canopy to get good use of my 90cmx90cm space. Also re- using my soil for the first time, roots and bacteria and myco from previous grow is there, so if something goes wrong it's probaply adding too much or too little amendments in the upcoming weeks.

One gt and destroyer in smaller pots, managed to kill some seedlings once again so these started week-2 later. Destroyer in the back very mean looking sativa leaves..never had leaves like this in veg.

Will post more pics as the plants progress a bit, I think all plants will get their final pots this week, then light period 16/8 and slowly dropping it to 11/13. Peace and enjoy the rest of the year.:tiphat:

p8lulv2l.jpg

CowboyTed

I'll pull up a chair and watch. It seems the size of your grow is similar to mine, so maybe I'll learn something useful.

How do those girls look a week later?

Not sure if you've grown both before.. but you're in for a real treat..

The Destroyer is one of my favorites I've grown out so far.. Extremely clear cognitive high with a long hang time.. until you walk to the next room and ask yourself "wait Why did I come in here"..

Just finished two phenos of GT one thai leaner went longer than expected.. brought inside for last two weeks under lights .. after a week it was clear I brought aphids into the inside grow.. I had minimal yield because of aphids but the high/experience was lights out..!

The Destroyer stretch was manageable but the GT thai leaner stretch was super impressive.

Good luck rlsmooth.. subbing...

Last edited:

rlsmooth

Hi dudes, thanks for tuning in.

Is a learning curve for me too, CowboyTed, haven't grown either of these strains before!
And Thermal, hehe your description of Destroyer sounds tasty..can't wait :D. And GT Thai leaner must be a gem I believe..

Bigger plant's starting to really grow now, smaller ones still growing roots, but after a watering I'll think they start really going too. Time to do some bondage today..Destroyer backrow and Golden tiger front

ZjT1UbNl.jpg

rlsmooth

Woah.. the soil biolife has really kicked in and plants been growing like mad. I don't usually schedule my grows, but I was hoping that I'd be able to flip light period before New Year and now it seems possible. Currently 14/10 lights if I remember right.¨

So far I've only been bending the main stem to the side of the pot and then clockwise(or counterclockwise..) and as side stems grow tying em up to which ever direction I see fit. Also been removing a lot of leaves from top part of the plant, so that light can reach lower levels more easily, now starting to remove lower growth below canopy on some plants. Especially Destroyer seems to like this a lot and keeps amazing me every time I look at the tent. Golden Tiger maybe sturdier stem doesn't bend so well, and it hasn't pushed smaller stems to become " new mains" so hard. Destroyer back right been stretching like hell lately...

Gurls starting to drink alot, except smallest GT in the front, kinda waiting for it to catch up a little and then ready to start flowering. Seems like it's going to be full jungle :D

XScAkdrl.jpg

G

Hey bro!I missed the start...Good luck and don 't delay flipping,hehe...

rlsmooth

Heya. Flipped lights today, one GT is a little bit small compared to others but the space seems pretty much covered. Luckily most stems are like rubber so I can continue to tie em up..interesting to see how they stretch now! Happy New Year folks..I guess it's time to party a little tonight..

rlsmooth

Damn, my CMH bulb broke down. Had to order couple new ones..I've had too much problems with these I hope the fixture aint broken now like it was almost a year ago. They promise 20.000 hours for bulb but this latest one lasted almost 1200 hours :D.

Shame, because I just flipped the lights and now my plants have to spend some time under 6500k CFL so hope they don't freak out..

rlsmooth

Back on track..lights been 11/13 bit over a week. Might have to put some support bamboo sticks in there.. :D
Destroyer right side GT left

drywQngl.jpg

zpuLj5bl.jpg

CowboyTed

Those plants are looking HAPPY! You seem to have the temps and humidity dialed in. Those plants look like they couldn't be happier!

I have a cabinet full of Ace seedlings at the moment, but no Destroyer or GT. I'm growing Bangi Haze x Ethiopian, Orient Express, Kali China, Zamaldelica and Snow Moon.

I've got some GT on order, so I'm curious to know what is in your soil mix that they like so much? Hopefully Seedsman will get a package past customs, so I get to experience this lovely-sounding strain!

rlsmooth

Those plants are looking HAPPY! You seem to have the temps and humidity dialed in. Those plants look like they couldn't be happier!

I have a cabinet full of Ace seedlings at the moment, but no Destroyer or GT. I'm growing Bangi Haze x Ethiopian, Orient Express, Kali China, Zamaldelica and Snow Moon.

I've got some GT on order, so I'm curious to know what is in your soil mix that they like so much? Hopefully Seedsman will get a package past customs, so I get to experience this lovely-sounding strain!

Hi, and thanks! Yep luckily I got a replace bulb in a few days for the cmh, so girls didn't have to suffer too long under a veg light.

I'm currently running a second run with the same soil. Because I'm very lazy and seems like I've been taking the easier route in pretty much all parts of life lately I want to make growing very easy.. :D Originally last autumn I mixed bio bizz light mix ( any light and good penetration seedling soil will do) and used buffer tabs containing organic nutes like fish meal, bone meal, blood meal, humate and humic acids, feather meal and kelp and stuff like that. Also myself I added some myco and beficial bacteria, bat guano too. The tabs seem to have enough nutes and lime buffer and bacteria that boosts the living soil for the whole cycle of plants life so you don't really have to worry about anything, except watering at the right time and watch weed grow :D

So for this current grow I just added a few more tabs inside the container and girls started growing like mad after they grew roots. GT in the front has suffered a little bit from this soil now, this can be seen from little bit too dark and curly foliage, this is because it's hard to know how much nutrients were left in the soil from previous run. But it will even out in time..I expect 14 weeks flowering. These tabs make growing out any hybrid or high nute strain a peace of cake :D, but for sativa this is also experiment for me..

So if you organic there's some tips. But for other methods of growing can't say much..except go rather low on the nutes I guess. Organics are pretty forgiving..

And Syd, yep! Maybe even a bit too lush, it's pretty crowded. But plants have stayed rather short for now!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi rlsmooth,

Thanks for sharing your new grow diary with us! :)
Both thai hybrids are growing really healthy and well developed, they seem to be enjoying with your reused soil. The tent is getting a bit crowded, but seems under control, especially considering the sativa genetics you are growing this cycle.

Best wishes for the flowering stage!

rlsmooth

Hi rlsmooth,

Thanks for sharing your new grow diary with us! :)
Both thai hybrids are growing really healthy and well developed, they seem to be enjoying with your reused soil. The tent is getting a bit crowded, but seems under control, especially considering the sativa genetics you are growing this cycle.

Best wishes for the flowering stage!

Thanks a lot :)

Yeah tent is absolutely crowded, also I have pretty big under pressure inside, that pulls the walls even more towards the plants. But I'm happy that the stretch has been pretty manageable so far. Yesterday I plucked growth tips and leaves from lower parts of the plants, will post pics soonish. Thinking about removing some leaves from upper growth as well for better light penetration next weekend..

rlsmooth

This is Destroyer compact pheno, very nice and even structure :

plDMlPBl.jpg

And this is how the same plant looks after downstairs trimming..
zQnhJf9l.jpg

And this is the monster Destroyer..it's a jungle. I think I could've easily filled the space with this plant only. Maybe in the future I will only put one sativa in similar space. Second pic how it looks under canopy..

MsHaRw5l.jpg

KGFQCCOl.jpg

rlsmooth

This is Golden Tiger..suffered from too much leaf plucking in veg and grew shitloads of smaller leaves. Thinking about trimming some, but then again there aint many growth tips below..
rVVIzsJl.jpg

Second GT, better structure in my eyes..it has a small corner in the tent next to monster destroyer.

YA2Uge7l.jpg

L2rBlBal.jpg

First time flowering with 3200k CMH bulbs, and it right now it seems that it has reduced the possible stretch alot and plants are really shifting into flowering gear..Plan is to use 3200k bulb till week 10 and then finish with 4200k bulb, which has a lot more blue and little bit more UV..to imitate autumn and get better terps.

rlsmooth

Any thoughts on defoliation? I think it might benefit GT and Destroyer in the front, but never done it..harvested like 1/3 of each plants leaves last time I trimmed..

Tried to tie em in shape so that the tops in the sides of tent would be little higher than those in middle :

UZgUoFNm.jpg

pNSTM4Vm.jpg

GoldenTiger 1
PH1my7ym.jpg

Destroyer 2
xgIGKgym.jpg

Looking Great in there RLS.. I run organic outside summer run but on the winter hydro run in SCROG, I definitely have to defoliate but mostly lollypopping underneath.. I see you've cleaned up the under carriage. That GT will perk up in No time.. How much longer do you plan to veg...?

rlsmooth

Looking Great in there RLS.. I run organic outside summer run but on the winter hydro run in SCROG, I definitely have to defoliate but mostly lollypopping underneath.. I see you've cleaned up the under carriage. That GT will perk up in No time.. How much longer do you plan to veg...?

They are in full power flowering already!

Latest posts

Latest posts