What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

any Trailer Park Boys fans out there?

hunt4genetics

Veteran
Hi
another questions for our Canadian Members
are the actors from TPB's always in character, sorta like how
Sacha baron Cohen was while he was promoting Borat?
do these guys ever get out of character?

peace,
h4g

SomeGuy

668, Neighbor of the Beast
Crap!

Fell asleep and missed it last night. Didnt they start rebroadcasting the sunday night show later in the week?

dbuzz

Veteran
die hard fan since season one...posted my thoughts in some TPB thread around here. season 7 has been really good so far. one of my top 5 favorite shows of all time

hunt4genetics

Veteran
how does the actor that plays Randy get his gut so big?
does he bulk up on the off season? I heard he still has his old job at a bottle water company.
also are these guys ever out of character in public, or are they like borat?

peace,
h4g

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
18514randy_from_trailer_park_boys_-_ryan_jackson_090206-med.jpg

:D

Bubbles had a funny song on his myspace called 'liquor and whores'
I'd be lying if i said i remember the url, but u'll find it.

14-bubbles_and_the_shit_rockers-liquor_and_whores.mp3

Heard Axl Rose from Run'n'Noses helped him with it :woohoo:

jarff

Many of the characters are the same on the street as they are on the show esp..Bubbles,Ricky,and Julian.I see them quite often as Bubbles is from the same area where I live.He just recently bought a house in Halifax close to where the show is done.I seen Bubbles at a lumber store in town last summer driving an older Corvette with a bunch of lumber sticking outta the t-tops on the roof.Barry Dunn who plays Ricky,s father is actually a lawyer by day with a law firm in Halifax.I went to school with him and was one of the first ppl I got high with in the mid 60,s...Barry Dunn also does some of the writing for the show.My son,s father in law does work on Bubbles cars and he has met Bubbles Ricky and Julian quite a few times ..He said they are pretty much the same in person as they are on the show.Lahey is an advocate against the gov,t gambling machines in Nova Scotia as I guess he had lost any money he made b,cause he was hooked on them...but is supposedly clean now.The government has tightened things up a lot and I guess Leahy proabaly had some input into the rip-off machines..(good for him)...Everyone in Nova Scotia loves the show even old grannies.My mom who was 90 when she died watched it every Sunday nite.
Anyone who has anything to do with the show have been surprised by the success of it.They are actually making good money lately.....btw Bubbles used to play in a band locally prior to becoming Bubbles...and the band was actually very good.His name is Mike Smith and is from Thorburn/New Glasgow Nova Scotia....very funy guy..
Glad to see all the positive vibes from everyone on IC.......
jarff

hunt4genetics

Veteran
thanks for the info jarff,
would love for them to be broadcasted in the USA,
but I don't think that would happen for a while. Untill then I'm glad I can watch it on the internets. I love turning people on to them. There are about 20 new fans in my city. I live in a college town, my brother is hooked. trailer park boys in becomeing an under ground hit at his frat house and the dorms.
peace.
h4g
p.s.
on the off season does the actor that plays randy bobandy, is his gut really that big?

jarff

Not sure bout Randy,s gut but I do believe it is genuinely all his all yr long.He works for a water bottling company as a manager or something where he doesn,t have to exert himslef too much.It,s strange how most of the characters on the show have pretty steady day jobs.Only a few of them actually are making any amount of money.
I heard recently that Bubbles had bought a house in Halifax and paid about $500K for it.That is pretty big money in this part of the country.

It is too bad they can,t get into the US b,cause that is where the big bucks are.
Any actors that stay in Canada don,t make much money. Guys like Ricky and Julian prolly make enuff cash that they don,t need day jobs.
I seen either Ricky or Julian one day last year with his young son at a restaurant and they were dressed identical..I hear the guys are having a lot of fun with the show in that they are well known across the country and yet wil sit down and talk with you and there is none of this bs about being a star on TPB...Pretty down to earth.In real life Bubbles is kinda funny and there is always a crowd around him and there are a lot of laughs.
I do hope they can break into other areas such as the US so they can earn the money that they deserve....It is a very funny show and the characters are pretty good for a bunch of regular guys.I like Ricky the best ...due to his misrepresentations of words and sayings...well done shit.
jarff

killabrown420

you might be waiting for a long...long...time

i thought this was their last season...who knows though. I think they should of ended it w/ season 6...just not the same without cory and the trevster imo

hunt4genetics

Veteran
does anyone have a link to the latest episode online.
the most recent one that i can find is falling off the rails of the swayze train.

thanks