What's new

Vibrating while driving high speeds

Hey guys, I have a 10yr old Park Ave Ultra (Supercharged) and my rear wheel recently fell off while on the freeway. We got it fixed up, but recently my wheel shakes bad enough where I 0pulled over just incase to check things out.

Should I get my tires balanced/rotated?

doob

Could it be a loose bolt on the wheel!? or it could need all the tracking and wheel alignment doing? Make basic checks and take it back though to whoever fixed it

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Take it back to whoever fixed it..

Take it back to whoever fixed it..

Could it be a loose bolt on the wheel!? or it could need all the tracking and wheel alignment doing? Make basic checks and take it back though to whoever fixed it

Good Advice

DemonTrich

Veteran
Bubble in sidewall of tire

Tire needs balancing

Water, debris, other shit got inside the tire and rim (it's happens)

F d suspension on the wheel side, damage when wheel fell off while moving

Does this happen while braking or just driving?
On braking, bad drum or rotor
While driving see 1st possible causes.

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
Last time I felt like everything was vibrating was when I took a big hit of STP in the early 70's. Yeehaw.. lol.

Levitationofme

Vibs

Vibs

I remember Vibrating in my chair with headphones on listening to Synergy "chords"
over and over after having eaten 5 hits of MDA. Back before it got the extra M and became MMDA.
I had no clue what I had, or how to measure it.

One of the best trips ever.
:yoinks:

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Hey guys, I have a 10yr old Park Ave Ultra (Supercharged) and my rear wheel recently fell off while on the freeway. We got it fixed up, but recently my wheel shakes bad enough where I 0pulled over just incase to check things out.

Yes, it is almost certainly the tyre balancing, those little lead weights they stick on the wheel rim, the classic behaviour is a vibration around a specific speed

RB56

Veteran
It's funny that a wheel falling off while driving doesn't even raise an eyebrow around here :D

ChaosCatalunya

Veteran
It's funny that a wheel falling off while driving doesn't even raise an eyebrow around here :D

I just guessed that "[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] a 10yr old Park Ave Ultra (Supercharged)" was some kind of American car and therefore, normal[/FONT]

doob

Spain is the second biggest car manufacturer in Europe, all though they probably don't design a single thing lol, they make plenty of good German cars though :)

ChaosCatalunya

Veteran
I was trying to think about all the great cars Spain makes but nothing happened.

Very nice Hispano-Suiza cars a while ago and now, fast Seat Cupras,amongst others, but nothing to do with me and I am English, and was joking

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I own a '99 Park Ave Ultra, they're awesome cars.

I've had balance issues & did this:
Replaced front struts.
Converted the rear air shocks to standard shocks, Monroe sells kits made for these cars, I saved $80 by buying them off of Amazon.
Have all tires checked for shifted belts. I replaced a front tire that was slightly out of round.

My wobble went away.

BTW, the front end wobble became almost non-existent when I replaced the REAR shocks :dunno: It was only when I replaced the out of round tire that the wobble finally stopped.

Make sure your rims are straight. Check your bearings & have your mechanic check/tighten everything that holds your rear axles together.

You can check your own bearings by going for a 10 minute ride and then walk around your car feeling the center of every rim, they should all be slightly warm, but if one or more of them feel hot or hotter than the others you've probably got trouble brewing.

good luck, I love these cars.......

O

OG Tree Grower

Its also funny he came to a growing forum for advice about a car.... get a balance and rotation

This makes me laugh but reminds me how tight of a group we are :)

This happened to me before on a trailer, turned out I bent the axel when the wheel fell off

Latest posts

Latest posts