What's new

anyone know how to translate chrysler mode 6 hex codes??

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
FWIW it was a purge valve failure....good luck finding mode 6 code explinations they can be hard to find and some places want to make you pay for them...mode 6 is an undervalued section and provides information before dtc codes are set and check engine light comes on...you can catch things before they go totally wrong... the code was as follows.....TID$72,CID$00 values defined by manufacturer.......totally useless unless you got a chart or manufacturer specs....yeehaw and it didn't cost me anything altho the valve is gonna be around 40$$$ give or take

kezark31

just curious how you pulling the info? is it via laptop or freeze frame data on handheld scanner? ive had issues in the past where i could get a temporary code but was not readable(gm ALDL) had disconnect the coil so the motor would mechanical stall and then the code would set and be readable.

on another note you mess with PCM flashing of any sorts? ive played with TunerproRT and some chip burning. nothing insane yet though haha

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I have laptop software...I could do tuning/flashing if I wanted but not my own ride I just bought a chip instead...my laptop software is better than most handhelds....I cant work on my own ride as no one cracked the code for my ride yet ...diablosport is good company...I bought a jet chip instead ...theres big money in flashing /tuning up to 2k here for custom work....yeehaw