What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone into Jap tuned cars here? Toyota, Nissans

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
2014 track coupe, 545hp twin turbo, tuned. I don't believe the car was modified beyond some tuning.

I normally hate Awd cars for trying to go fast as it is near impossible to overcome the under steer. I grew driving rear wheel drive cars so I naturally prefer oversteer.

Oversteer scares the passenger, under steer scares the driver lol.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Had a Datsun pick up way back when.(1970's)..drove it for years.

Wasn't impressed w/ rotary Mazda, but Mazda quickly saw the demise...nice premise, but didn't perform as expected. Had a Mazda wagon, though...and a Mitsubishi sedan...both great vehicles lasting for years.

Loved my Toyota XCab SR5.....lasted 20 yrs, then gave it away.

Liked my Honda Accord, though....ran it to 200k miles, then went to the part yard. Best commuter car.

Ford Focus was my biggest disappointment. Built during Ford's economic downturn 2006...and it compromised workmanship. Oh well.

Now have a '92 BMW 735i....149k miles...hoping to top 300k before next car.

After '93 Toyota XCab...that's my last NEW vehicle, driving out of the tent showroom. Ahhh...went to Canada and through Mexico, all over the US of A with it. Probably my favorite. Had Jeep Wagoneer, too, but too many rear end axle 4x4 issues...still good for rough terrain back in the day.

GreeeeN GRassss

duppy conqueror
Veteran
Lol 400bhp is literally nothing for a GTR engine. It ain't serious until you got at least 600+hp to play with. Sorry no offence!

And yeah Lester im personally not surprised at all the GTR smoked your porsche lap times. Thats why they banned the GTR's at Bathurst in the early 90s as the rear wheel drive holdens and fords got absolutely destroyed by the 4wd setup and the extreme power of the GTR RB26dett engine!

Speaking of gtr's my bro just sold his R32 this beast was seriously 750hp, fully forged engine, huge twin turbos with HKS V-Pro full engine management along with massive brakes & suspension. He then went and bought an RX-3 13B bridgeport turbo which did just under 10 second quarters. He took me for a spin and i was literally screaming like little girl telling him to sloooooow down. It was so fuqqing crazy it was dangerous.

I still got my Aristo still doing it up fuqqing money pit that it is!

darth

no my mates was a standard r33 not a gtr. even at that its pretty easy to get that bhp.

ever check out the kp61 toyota starlet doing 10 sec quarters with a rotar under the hood.

edit here it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvCcX2DivRE

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Got an older Accord sedan, was suggested to strap on a cold
air intake and replace the exhaust from the cat back.

The increase up to 10-12 HP, is worth the few hundred
bucks? The engine/auto trans is new, re-built. Car looks
very good, inside and out.

What other modifications are suggested to bump HP?

Front wheel drive, even at 125 HP torque steer is a thing.

What do you think?

Tom Hill

Veteran
I am into building cars from the chassis up yo bring yours to me to be eaten in the twisties :p

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

V_MAN

Which year V Man?

Vr4s are pretty old school now aye, i remember the 1st vr4s just before they did the Evo1. Cats used to do those VR4s up all the time.. The turbo 4wd model that is. They were cool cars for their time, i don;t see many around these days

It's a 96 model first of the generation 8s, only done 130,000. Have probably had it close to 5 months now. Still needs a little loving.

Latest posts

Latest posts