What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

- Microgrow 3x23wCFL in speaker -

Fyratjugo

Hey everyone!

This will be my first grow ever and i wanted to show
you what iv'e been working on for the past ~2 months :)

Some info about the cab:
Fans: four 80mm computerfans, 2 for intake and exhaust and 2 for
the circulation.
Reflection: emergency blanket and windshield cover for cars.
Light: 3x23wCFLs 2700k ~a total of 4000 lumens.
A piece of glass under light to reduce heat and some wet towels
on the side to lower the heat and bring the humidity up.

And some info about the grow:
For this grow i will be prevegging 8 plants at a time for two weeks
and then i will plant them outside where they are going to finish.
Strains: Auto AK47, Auto Blueberry and GG/RD x AK47(semi auto).
Pots: 250ml energydrink cans.
Medium: soil mixed with catsand.
I placed 8 seeds between folded
wet paper two days ago and when i checked them for about four
hours ago 4 or 5 seeds had germinate, so im hoping most of them
will be germinated this evening so i can plant them!

Here's how it looked like from the beggining:

And here is how it looks like now! :

Hope you like it! :)

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Looking good man! I'll follow this! :lurk:

Congrats on the build and good luck! :joint:

later edit: and welcome to icmag!

Fyratjugo

Update

It's now 3-4 days since they popped up. some of them have stretched, and one so bad that I had to tie it up to a toothpicker. its really nothing more to say about it they mind their own business :)

RH: ~ 50-60 %
29 degrees C

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
they are too far from the lights and this is why they stretch to catch some light.
when you use cfl's, especially small ones (<25W), you need to keep the plant tops centimeters from the bulbs (as close as they can be without heating too much/drying from the bulb).

Last edited:

Fyratjugo

they are too far from the lights and this is why they stretch to catch some light.
when you use cfl's, especially small ones (<25W), you need to keep the plant tops centimeters from the bulbs (as close as they can be without heating too much/drying from the bulb).
yeah i know but the thing is, i cant move the lights. i think i can put something under the pots but then the heat will rise i think, should i try it anyway?

They'll grow real spindly that far from the bulb, and you'll run out of space real quick. Bury as much of the seedling stem as you can, and definitely try to boost them up to the light.

I

im me

put something under your containers so they're a inch or two from the bulb and welcome to ic!

thanks for responding, i am going to fill up the pots with soil and put them closer to the light so they get stabled :)

Good choice. If you can't get the light to them, move them to the light!

Great attitude bro, follow the lead of these guys, they won't steer you wrong!

Peace! :rasta:

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD

Fyratjugo

so i placed some records under the pots now and they are ~5 cm away from the bulbs, the temps are now 32 degrees C but i have not seen any burnmarks ore brown/dry leaves and they have been in there for about 10 hours. do you think i still can have it like that or is the temp going to mess it all up??

so i placed some records under the pots now and they are ~5 cm away from the bulbs, the temps are now 32 degrees C but i have not seen any burnmarks ore brown/dry leaves and they have been in there for about 10 hours. do you think i still can have it like that or is the temp going to mess it all up??

The distance is good, but you have to get those temps down. Ventilation!

I

im me

^^ yeah that. if you can open up the speaker for a couple hours a day that would help a lot if you can't open it up you should consider getting a inline fan to really move some air! those computer fans are shit no offense intended. they just can't properly remove the amount of heat produced.a 40 cfm inline fan would fit perfectly in the medium size speaker port. i grew in two speakers for a while years ago.the 40 cfm fans kept me one happy camper.the only downside is they do produce a little bit of noise

Fyratjugo

okay guys here's how it is, iv'e planted my 8 AK47's outside now and my friend told me it was better to just cut of the bottom/half of the pots and plant them so that the cans was standing up above the soil a little bit because the roots is seeking to the bottom and then will explode down. do you think it's gonna work?

Hi Fyratjugo

Nice Room :D you can curl the stem already to the ground careful and put some soil on it to fix and achieve less height.

Good grow!

85CANNABLISS

nice :) does it still look like a speaker at the front?? how have you solved your light leaks if it does? :unsure:

I love building micro cabs, im gonna throw up some of my work over the next couple of weeks, prob start a thread so i can put all my work in 1 place. not that its worth much :p

you built anything similar before? Its like pringles once you get 1 right, i look at all my home furniture like a possible vag cab, just need the Mrs to want something new lol

see you around Fyratjugo :D

C :cool:

Fyratjugo

nice :) does it still look like a speaker at the front?? how have you solved your light leaks if it does? :unsure:

I love building micro cabs, im gonna throw up some of my work over the next couple of weeks, prob start a thread so i can put all my work in 1 place. not that its worth much :p

you built anything similar before? Its like pringles once you get 1 right, i look at all my home furniture like a possible vag cab, just need the Mrs to want something new lol

see you around Fyratjugo :D

C :cool:

yes it still look like a speaker. great if you start a thread, i will follow it! :)
this is actually the first cab iv'e built. Hahahaha i really know what you mean with that furniture thing!! I also think like that! :)